Mariota very effective vs Blitz, what's the D´s Game Plan?

Antonio

So, according to Next Gen Stats, Mariota was very effective vs the Blitz.

What´s our game plan?

I guess it will be similar to Brady´s, try your best to creat preassure with 4 but try to disguise who is coming and who is droping. Flood the short area, as must of his passes are within 5 to 10 yards pass the line. Also, be very aware of the screen game, he had 6 passes behind the line. 

Mariota.thumb.jpg.a87db605f13865c91bb5457478a2a284.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have zero worries about the Titans offense against the Bills defense.

I have LOTS OF worries about the Bills offense against the Titans defense.

Well Mariota has not turn the ball over and they are playing effective football on O. 

I am also more concer about our offense against their defense, but I think we need to keep them under 14 points to have win, therefore I think we must have an excelent game plan.

What would you do?

9 minutes ago, H2o said:

Rush 4, make Mariota have to go through progressions, and see if he can make the right read. 

D also has to respect his running. Do we keep a spy on him?

We are not a blitzing team. We play coverage and try to disguise and confuse while doing so. I doubt McFrazier will deviate from that formula very much other than a few wrinkles here and there. 

• Like (+1) 12

considering we dont blitz, I dont think this is an issue....

are we really worried about how we stop Mariotta? lol 

Also, Mariotta doesnt really run, and when he does go outside the pocket he hasnt been very effective. Its a myth that hes a running QB (according to Titans board)

Edited by PaattMaann
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PaattMaann said:

considering we dont blitz, I dont think this is an issue....

are we really worried about how we stop Mariotta? lol 

Also, Mariotta doesnt really run, and when he does go outside the pocket he hasnt been very effective. Its a myth that hes a running QB (according to Titans board)

Not worry about Mariota. Just found that twitt a bit intriguing. 

And as I mention, I think we need a near perfect game plan on D to hold them under 14 so our Offense dosen´t need to take big risk to win the game. 

It's always better if they can get pressure with 4. 

For the defense, contain Henry and stay disciplined in the backfield. Planning for the Titans offense will be similar to planning for the Jets offense. Make Mariota beat you with his arm. He'll need to have a career day to win. Don't overlook Dion Lewis. Edmunds and Milano should be able to handle him.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Antonio said:

Well Mariota has not turn the ball over and they are playing effective football on O. 

I am also more concer about our offense against their defense, but I think we need to keep them under 14 points to have win, therefore I think we must have an excelent game plan.

What would you do?

D also has to respect his running. Do we keep a spy on him?

Tom Brady also hadn't thrown an interception this season...until he played the Bills.

To me, you play Mariota exactly how other teams play Allen: Keep him in the pocket, force him to be a QB. Eliminate his running ability and improvisatory ability. Blitz only sparingly. Above all else, keep contain on the edges and hope the interior defensive line can bring pressure up the middle to make him uncomfortable.

I expect something like a 16-13 football game.

• Like (+1) 1