If the Bills Trade at the Deadline.. What Position?

elijah

Which position are the Bills most likely to address at the trade deadline?   

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which position are the Bills most likely to address at the trade deadline?

• WR
    • OL
    • DE
    • Other

8 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Have you watched Dawkins this year? .... Seriously.. Have you actually watched him play football this year?

yes. he has been a huge liability. 

He will be gone next year and replaced by a franchise LT

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dous21 said:

yes. he has been a huge liability. 

He will be gone next year and replaced by a franchise LT

Proof of him being a "huge liability" please. 

I'm assuming you meant constantly... so let's find this proof.

Edited by warrior9

3 hours ago, elijah said:

I’m not sure where the Dawkins hate comes from.  He’s not an all-pro left tackle but he’s done nothing to say that he’s not atleast an average starter at left tackle.  He took a small step backwards last year but has rebounded for the most part this year.  Most of our offensive line problems are coming from that right side of the o-line, and by the right side I mean really just mainly Cody Ford.

Dawkins has been getting a number of calls for holding, most likely because he is getting beat.  Dawkins is an average LT at best, and probably better suited for LG.  Nsecki might be worth another look at LT (did a good job filling in for Trent Williams last year) if Ford or someone else could hold up better at RT.  Not sure what Trent Williams wants, but he is a much better than average LT; there is a bit of an injury concern looking back the past couple of seasons, so that could give pause to pursuing him.

Im quite skeptical of a deadline trade this year, but if I was to guess it would be for a WR.  We need to get Josh some help.  But this draft has some special talents in it at WR, feels like Beane would rather make a move up and land one he covets and would prefer to save his draft ammo for something like that.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Dawkins has been getting a number of calls for holding, most likely because he is getting beat.  Dawkins is an average LT at best, and probably better suited for LG.  Nsecki might be worth another look at LT (did a good job filling in for Trent Williams last year) if Ford or someone else could hold up better at RT.  Not sure what Trent Williams wants, but he is a much better than average LT; there is a bit of an injury concern looking back the past couple of seasons, so that could give pause to pursuing him.

He has 1 holding call this year that stood and 1 last year..........................

39 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Have you watched Dawkins this year? .... Seriously.. Have you actually watched him play football this year?

Yes, I have, as well as last year.  He looks to have had one holding call last year, but got beat plenty.  Dawkins was the best of a bad O-line with Castillo's incompetence, but that still wasn't saying much about him.

Read this for further reference (you need to) https://nflmocks.com/2019/07/24/buffalo-bills-2019-dion-dawkins/

I know Dawkins has been called for holding more than once this year....I've watched the games, Mrs. Dawkins.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Yes, I have, as well as last year.  He looks to have had one holding call last year, but got beat plenty.  Dawkins was the best of a bad O-line with Castillo's incompetence, but that still wasn't saying much about him.

Read this for further reference (you need to) https://nflmocks.com/2019/07/24/buffalo-bills-2019-dion-dawkins/

I know Dawkins has been called for holding more than once this year....I've watched the games, Mrs. Dawkins.

Please see "that stood" 

Dion Dawkins has no been bad in the slightest this year.... Every linemen gets beat. But i'm wondering where this liability film is? I have yet to see him get beat "plenty" this year and look out of place, Mr. Sullivan.

Edited by warrior9

It will be a OT, WR or CB if they do, but I find it highly unlikely. I wish they'd trade for a proven QB like Stafford or Ryan, but that won't happen either, obviously. I think we are really just going to wait for the offseason.

The Bills should just role with what they got.

They can get better from within. They don't need to be trading any high draft choices for players who won't guarantee them anything whatsoever.

Remember how well the Kelvin Benjamin trade worked out?

RT. There's gotta be a guy out there at least PROFICIENT in pass pro that can be had on the cheap. I don't see them making a big in season trade and expect them to address WR and DE in the offseason.

Unlikely to find an LT and an average RT would have more impact THIS year than an average WR or DE.

Edited by LSHMEAB