If the Bills Trade at the Deadline.. What Position?

elijah

Which position are the Bills most likely to address at the trade deadline?   

148 members have voted

1. 1. Which position are the Bills most likely to address at the trade deadline?

• WR
    • OL
    • DE
    • Other

It seems player movement is at an all-time high and Brandon Beane has shown before he’s a fan of player trading.  The combination of those two factors along with multiple players at positions of need being rumored - albeit small rumors - to be on the trading block, which position would it be most likely we make a move far at the deadline? 

I’m having trouble deciding myself seeing as at the three positions I think we’d be most likely, there seems to be something in the way.  Between the regime not being ready to give up on players (Zay Jones), not wanting to delay the development of others (Cody Ford) and my personal thought of why dump more assets into a top 3 defense in the league, I’m not sure which position I think they’d trade for.  

However, it does seem semi-likely they may make a trade with receivers (AJ Green & Stefon Diggs) and offensive lineman (Trent Williams) apparently on the block. 

Thoughts? 

I think they need to take a look at LT.  Dawkins is LT depth or LG; not dependable enough to start at LT.

If there happens to be an edge/DE, that is another need and would make our D-line an absolute monster.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Trent Williams please.  It's hard to find a guy with that skillset.  

I'm not sold on AJ Green being a WR answer.  He may take a few games to get back into shape.  Depends on the trade I suppose.  

Von Miller is interesting, but he's been blanked mostly this year?  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think they need to take a look at LT.  Dawkins is LT depth or LG; not dependable enough to start at LT.

If there happens to be an edge/DE, that is another need and would make our D-line an absolute monster.

I’m not sure where the Dawkins hate comes from.  He’s not an all-pro left tackle but he’s done nothing to say that he’s not atleast an average starter at left tackle.  He took a small step backwards last year but has rebounded for the most part this year.  Most of our offensive line problems are coming from that right side of the o-line, and by the right side I mean really just mainly Cody Ford.

Of the options provided, I voted "other" in place of none. Offensively, we have almost a whole new lineup. We will get better as the season progresses. I think we're fine. If anything bring up Duke and keep our draft picks. Defensively, We're top 5 already, but Clowney is gone and Von Miller seems like a better 3-4 OLB than a pass rushing DE we might need. Hope we stay put and let the offense gel, bring up Duke and let the defense roll as it has been. Oh, wait, punter maybe?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I think its important to look at some of the video review articles and not just come to knee jerk conclusions based on an untimely penalty or a couple bad plays that stand out.  For those who subscribe to The Athletic, Joe Buscaglia does an All-22 review of each player for each game.  Based on first four games this season Dawkins is ranked in that weekly analysis as the #4 highest graded player on the team, top rated OL, and would be highest ranked offensive player, except for Singletary who has very limited snaps. 

https://theathletic.com/1258181/2019/10/01/bills-all-22-review-dissecting-josh-allens-day-and-why-theres-more-to-zay-jones-than-meets-the-eye/

I don't think we'll be looking to trade a ton for Trent Williams...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Have you watched Dawkins this year? .... Seriously.. Have you actually watched him play football this year?