Dr. Chandler#81’s concussion observations

Note 1: it’s an Honorary Title. (with apologies to a certain poster)

Note 2: I don’t have the luxury of recording games, so this comes solely by watching the game Sunday.

I haven’t brought this up yet and been looking unsuccessfully in every thread to see if it was noticed as well, but I’m absolutely convinced Allen was concussed in the very 1st Drive. He was sacked & lost a fumble, because the front of his head was slammed into the turf falling back towards our end zone. I caught it immediately and focused hard on him getting up and whenever the camera showed him. Next drive out, on the 1st play, he came up under Center and whipped his head back & forth quickly & violently. (Clearing cobwebs -I’m convinced) I know what that ‘movement’ means and no one has ever done it that wasn’t trying to shake themselves alert. 

If he’s honest with team Drs. & coaches about this, MAYBE he returns after the Bye -because he was absolutely knocked the ef out later in the game.

Anyway, I’m convinced this ne’er before discussed concuss is at the root of his game long issues.

Flame if you have the game recorded and can dispute this by further viewings.

Dr. Chandler#81

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Note 2: I don’t have the luxury of recording games, so this comes solely by watching the game Sunday.

I haven’t brought this up yet and been looking unsuccessfully in every thread to see if it was noticed as well, but I’m absolutely convinced Allen was concussed in the very 1st Drive. He was sacked & lost a fumble, because the front of his head was slammed into the turf falling back towards our end zone. I caught it immediately and focused hard on him getting up and whenever the camera showed him. Next drive out, on the 1st play, he came up under Center and whipped his head back & forth quickly & violently. (Clearing cobwebs -I’m convinced) I know what that ‘movement’ means and no one has ever done it that wasn’t trying to shake themselves alert. 

If he’s honest with team Drs. & coaches about this, MAYBE he returns after the Bye -because he was absolutely knocked the ef out later in the game.

Anyway, I’m convinced this ne’er before discussed concuss is at the root of his game long issues.

Dr. Chandler#81

before I comment I must ask ...  

Did you by some chance  sleep at a Holiday Inn Express??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Dr. Chandler#81

I'm with you, besides I always trust NT guys!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Maybe he just got his "bell wrung" (the old concussion). I don't think you can definitively say he was concussed at that point - there are obviously degrees of head banging. Think minor headache to full blown migraine.

Seriously, what the hell is the difference? Is there a clinical term for Bell Rung?

• Like (+1) 3

trying to recall what I saw and when it happened (or if it was even Josh)

I recall an early hit/tackle that looked like he hit his head, but on a different angle it wasn't as bad looking

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Seriously, what the hell is the difference? Is there a clinical term for Bell Rung?

This word is a football term. It refers to when a player undergoes such a huge blow to his ... Player: I got my bell rung. by Priest Tomlinson December 19, 2004.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

trying to recall what I saw and when it happened (or if it was even Josh)

I recall an early hit/tackle that looked like he hit his head, but on a different angle it wasn't as bad looking

This word is a football term. It refers to when a player undergoes such a huge blow to his ... Player: I got my bell rung. by Priest Tomlinson December 19, 2004.

Well, there you have it!

nevermind.

?

• Haha (+1) 2

I was curious so went back to watch the play on NFL game pass. While it was a good hit on the sack, his head did not hit the turf.

I wish I could post the full video, but his shoulder hits, not his head. And the Pats defensive player doesn't crush his head either.

He may have been woozy after this hit, but it wasn't from his head bashing the turf.

sack.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

I'd love if one of our many resident "film" watchers could provide some footage post-sack that would show Josh "clearing the cobwebs."

It could just be that Josh had one of those days; but it could also be that he wasn't completely with it.  Would be nice to know.

Either way, I hope the kid's okay.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBillies said:

I was curious so went back to watch the play on NFL game pass. While it was a good hit on the sack, his head did not hit the turf.

I wish I could post the full video, but his shoulder hits, not his head. And the Pats defensive player doesn't crush his head either.

He may have been woozy after this hit, but it wasn't from his head bashing the turf.

sack.jpg

You are correct.  His head did hit the turf hard on the scramble in the 2nd drive though (he also coughed up the ball)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

sack.jpg

Then you probably can’t check/show him whipping his head before taking the snap on the next drive. That’s what convinced me what I saw hurt him.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Then you probably can’t check/show him whipping his head before taking the snap on the next drive. That’s what convinced me what I saw hurt him.

I looked for that too and didn't see it

1 minute ago, GG said:

You are correct.  His head did hit the turf hard on the scramble in the 2nd drive though (he also coughed up the ball)

I’ll buy this. I know what I saw, just not photographic evidence of precisely when. Definitely the 1st quarter.

Just now, GG said:

I looked for that too and didn't see it

It’s subtle but undeniable.

• Like (+1) 1