How is Josh Allen being coached?

Stallions

On 10/1/2019 at 8:25 PM, ColdFront_USAF said:

It wasn't much. Daboll just tapped his head as if to say "use your head" after an interception. I don't think anyone besides OP had any issues with it, I doubt any NFL player has made it this far without having seen and heard much worse. 

I'm gonna disagree with this. What I saw was after another dumb pick, was Daboll being very animated and obviously yelling as his head was bobbling while yelling and then he made an exaggerated full hand gesture pointing at his own head. Obviuosly.yelling THINK.or something similar.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:26 PM, Stallions said:

Do that stuff in the coaches room.  Now an impression has been made that Josh doesn't think well in a game!  

That much was evident with the bad plays he was making.

I seriously doubt the sideline convo had ANYTHING at al to do with that. Anyone who watches the sport said the same thing. In fact every time Josh made a bad throw or looked frazzled I was screaming at the tv. "Think Josh Think"

I don't think any other NFL team needed that TV image to come to that conclusion. They have the game tape.

All that matters now is  for Josh to take a step back and self assess and adjust

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/2/2019 at 8:55 AM, ndirish1978 said:

If your QB is such a snowflake that he can't handle being yelled at when he plays terribly, you don't have a QB.

personally I am a HUGE fan of snowflakes. Bad Ass MF's I tell you what. 

Being called a “snowflake” these days is supposed to be a derogatory term, insinuating someone is so delicate they get offended too easily. Being a “snowflake” is supposed to mean someone feels so special and unique they are entitled to special treatment. Being a “snowflake” is supposed to mean someone’s not resilient.

It’s being used now to label and dismiss people who do not support the nation’s current administration and do not support this administration’s actions and agenda. Here’s the truth though about snowflakes: Don’t underestimate them even though they may look gentle and delicate in nature.

Here’s the truth though about snowflakes: Don’t underestimate them even though they may look gentle and delicate in nature.

You find snowflakes in the fiercest of weather conditions and circumstances, and that’s precisely when they shine. Get enough snowflakes together, and they can wreak havoc, they’re a force to be reckoned with. Blizzards, avalanches, slippery roads, school/work closings. Snowflakes, at the core, are just water particles, and they can take many forms that can change land formations―cold harsh ice, strong tidal waves, pouring freezing rain, hard sleet. Anyone exposed to harsh winters knows to respect snow. Work with the snow, and it is beautifully breathtaking and fun. If you don’t respect the nature of snow, accidents abound and you’re cold and miserable.

Get enough snowflakes together, and they can wreak havoc, they’re a force to be reckoned with.

When the landscape is blanketed with snow, there’s a sense of peace, tranquility, hope―millions of snowflakes coming together to do what they do naturally.

Don’t underestimate a snowflake, and what one snowflake is capable of. And certainly do not underestimate the power of millions of snowflakes together. The weather forecast is calling for one hell of a s

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

The one thing I will say against Daboll, and this is entirely based on John Brown's comment, but pairing a sophisticated offense with an unsophisticated QB feels like a recipe for disaster. Our biggest problem as an offense is probably Josh's inability to decipher blitz and coverage schemes. Could that be related to the fact that he's having to process so much already within our offense? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

The one thing I will say against Daboll, and this is entirely based on John Brown's comment, but pairing a sophisticated offense with an unsophisticated QB feels like a recipe for disaster. Our biggest problem as an offense is probably Josh's inability to decipher blitz and coverage schemes. Could that be related to the fact that he's having to process so much already within our offense? 

No, he yelled at him for a boneheaded play.  No need to overthink it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, VW82 said:

That’s why they have the wonderlic and meet with players before the draft. If it turns out that Allen can’t handle it, they will find another guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/1/2019 at 8:22 PM, Stallions said:

I didn’t like seeing Daboll ridiculing Josh on the bench after an interception this past Sunday.  Tapping his forehead as if to say “THINK”.   That made many NFL highlight shows.

Where is Allen’s QB coach Ken Dorsey?  He supposedly helped Cam Newton with the Panthers. 

Josh has been working for 2 years in CA with Jordan Palmer’s private Company “QB Summit”.  They stress footwork and include ‘yoga on the beach’!!  Jordan Palmer completed 11 passes in the NFL career and is really a spiritual guru rather than a coach/trainer.  Tyree Jackson from UB studied with him before the ’19 draft.  Has this helped at all and did the Bills recommend this training?

It appears Josh is regressing with basic QB skills.  The NFL teams now have  had 2 years to scout his play.  I can see him ending the year with the same numbers as last season.  That’s not good enough.

May be the glare from the Hoodie would get his attention. 

On 10/2/2019 at 10:57 AM, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

This is how I see it as well.  He got a new haircut for the game and all.  I truly think he overhyped himself and really wanted to deliver a win so badly that he instinctively went back to bad habits and tried to will his way through it instead of letting the game come to him.  You could tell early in the game he appeared nervous and was pressing too hard.  In a way, Belchick and the hype was in his head before the first snap.  He will learn from this (hopefully) and coaching will continue to do their part to help him.  

..a haircut?....an effin' haircut?.......got some cataracts there?........Spent Trent Edwards was thankfully our last azzclown worried about his doo and sideburns..SMH...Jesus......

55 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..a haircut?....an effin' haircut?.......got some cataracts there?........Spent Trent Edwards was thankfully our last azzclown worried about his doo and sideburns..SMH...Jesus......

Chill.  Man's allowed to get a haircut when he wants one.  Takes what, 20-30 minutes? 

Now if he's getting a 3 hr special stylin' do with the charging buffalo carved into it or what have you, that might be a bit much.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Peter said:

I don't think I have an issue with what happened on the sideline as far as I can tell.

In any event, this should not come as much of a surprise considering we all read (or at least some of us read) that Daboll was. bit of a prick in Cleveland:

Daboll in Cleveland

Hopefully he's learned something (Daboll that is).  While yes, people lose their temper sometimes and scream under the heat of emotion, I don't know anyone whose performance is improved by being screamed at constantly in practice.

https://waitingfornextyear.com/2011/11/yahoo-article-details-brian-dabolls-rough-rookie-treatment-of-colt-mccoy/

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Chill.  Man's allowed to get a haircut when he wants one.  Takes what, 20-30 minutes? 

Now if he's getting a 3 hr special stylin' do with the charging buffalo carved into it or what have you, that might be a bit much.

...cheers to Great Clips.....except they always cut off the two new ones growing on top....:D.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hopefully he's learned something (Daboll that is).  While yes, people lose their temper sometimes and scream under the heat of emotion, I don't know anyone whose performance is improved by being screamed at constantly in practice.

https://waitingfornextyear.com/2011/11/yahoo-article-details-brian-dabolls-rough-rookie-treatment-of-colt-mccoy/

Parcells, Belichick, Cowher among others may disagree.

You don't get a trophy for bad play.

26 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

Parcells, Belichick, Cowher among others may disagree.

You don't get a trophy for bad play.

The article describes Colt McCoy being screamed at constantly by Daboll IN PRACTICE

My quote is " I don't know anyone whose performance is improved by being screamed at constantly in practice. "

It's not a bad play when it's practice.  That's why it's called PRACTICE.  Practice is time to coach and teach.

As I said, hopefully he's (Daboll) learned something.

On 10/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, Formerly Allan in MD said:

He is regressing.  For example, he doesn't even slide anymore on runs, which he finally started doing late last year.  Then there's the lousy footwork and the insistence on making something out of nothing and not throwing the ball away when things break down.

Agree with above but the question still remains - -who is coaching Josh??  Our QB coach is an unknown and certainly the Offensive co-coordinator doesn't spend time coaching the QB??? 

I had an issue when David Culley was JA's QB coach that hire for me was a head scratcher I was very glad he got the boot I thought he was way underqualified to hold that position. Im going to personally extend grace to Josh Allen due to his inexperience as a starter and going through the learning curve we all knew he would need to become the undisputed franchise guy we all want him to be in Buffalo. I think his athleticism, smarts and competitive nature will eventually put him over the hump of making rookie type dumb mistakes..I think the way he showed progress in making reads and going through his progressions earlier this season will continue and he becomes a better QB moving forward. I think he is man enough to take criticism but hope the coaching and mentoring he gets helps hone all the gifts I think he possesses in a positive way. What he OP didn't want is the coaching to  be a negative unproductive input and in that I agree.

• Thank you (+1) 1