How is Josh Allen being coached?

Stallions

20 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone have a video link of this?  I missed it 

It wasn't much. Daboll just tapped his head as if to say "use your head" after an interception. I don't think anyone besides OP had any issues with it, I doubt any NFL player has made it this far without having seen and heard much worse. 

3 hours ago, Stallions said:

Do that stuff in the coaches room.  Now an impression has been made that Josh doesn't think well in a game!  

100% correct. What Daboll did was very unprofessional. Josh had a difficult enough day. Having his coach ridicule him like that in front of his teammates and the fans is the kind of thing that creates a lasting grudge. Very poorly handles by Daboll. I hope he apologizes. I have no problem with him getting angry if he thinks that will help, but you do that behind closed doors. You don't anoint someone the team leader and then undress them in public.

6 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

100% correct. What Daboll did was very unprofessional. Josh had a difficult enough day. Having his coach ridicule him like that in front of his teammates and the fans is the kind of thing that creates a lasting grudge. Very poorly handles by Daboll. I hope he apologizes. I have no problem with him getting angry if he thinks that will help, but you do that behind closed doors. You don't anoint someone the team leader and then undress them in public.

Much ado about nothing. Pretty tame as far as sideline blowups go. Barely worth mentioning. If Allen can’t handle that, he can’t handle being an NFL QB. 

7 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

HUH? Jim Kelly would get IN YOUR FACE if you messed up. Michael Jordan would PUNCH teammates in the head. Lets’s not pussify the entire sports world and deny him his orange slices at halftime! 

Josh needs to think. Nothing wrong with pointing that out. I’m sure there was ample encouragement as well. Balance is the key, don’t wreck the guy, but it can’t just “be accepted “. 

I love Josh as a person. He needs to know as a player some of that crap won’t fly. Learn from it, and eliminate it!!!  He has the potential to be great, but he needs to learn. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Stallions said:

I didn’t like seeing Daboll ridiculing Josh on the bench after an interception this past Sunday.  Tapping his forehead as if to say “THINK”.   That made many NFL highlight shows.

Where is Allen’s QB coach Ken Dorsey?  He supposedly helped Cam Newton with the Panthers. 

Josh has been working for 2 years in CA with Jordan Palmer’s private Company “QB Summit”.  They stress footwork and include ‘yoga on the beach’!!  Jordan Palmer completed 11 passes in the NFL career and is really a spiritual guru rather than a coach/trainer.  Tyree Jackson from UB studied with him before the ’19 draft.  Has this helped at all and did the Bills recommend this training?

It appears Josh is regressing with basic QB skills.  The NFL teams now have  had 2 years to scout his play.  I can see him ending the year with the same numbers as last season.  That’s not good enough.

Palmer is absolutely not more a spiritual guru than a coach. He's a mechanics and QB play guru, if anything.

Read an interview with Palmer sometime last year when he said that when he was with the Bears he was the 3rd stringer and didn't feel he was helping the team much and he felt he knew the offense inside-and-out so he thought that to help the team he would sit at a desk in the lobby of the facility at night and guys could come and ask him questions about the offense and just details and techniques. He did that several nights a week and each time he did for hours there would be multiple guys there asking him questions they weren't getting help with from coaches who didn't have time. He knows football.

And there's no evidence the Bills recommended it. He started with Palmer before they drafted him.

EDIT: Oh, and that's nonsense that he could end up with the same stats as last year. He's averaging 50 yards more per game, and went from 52.8% completions last year to 50.3% this year. He'd have to collapse to end up with the same numbers. He's been a lot better this year, though there wasn't much sign of that against the Pats, but every player has bad games. Dunno if he'll ever be a franchise QB, but he's better than he was last year.

4 hours ago, Stallions said:

Do that stuff in the coaches room.  Now an impression has been made that Josh doesn't think well in a game!  

Please.

Brady gets yelled at on the sidelines. This isn't even a molehill, it's a grain of sand on the side of a molehill.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Palmer is absolutely not more a spiritual guru than a coach. He's a mechanics and QB play guru, if anything.

Read an interview with Palmer sometime last year when he said that when he was with the Bears he was the 3rd stringer and didn't feel he was helping the team much and he felt he knew the offense inside-and-out so he thought that to help the team he would sit at a desk in the lobby of the facility at night and guys could come and ask him questions about the offense and just details and techniques. He did that several nights a week and each time he did for hours there would be multiple guys there asking him questions they weren't getting help with from coaches who didn't have time. He knows football.

And there's no evidence the Bills recommended it. He started with Palmer before they drafted him.

Please.

Brady gets yelled at on the sidelines. This isn't even a molehill, it's a grain of sand on the side of a molehill.

Come on - - comparing Josh with Tom is pitiful!

2 hours ago, JoPar_v2 said:

My goodness. It’s really is as if some of you think of Allen as a little baby. 

I think a lot of fans have been thinking that.  Now that the diapers are off he needs to produce!

10 hours ago, Stallions said:

I didn’t like seeing Daboll ridiculing Josh on the bench after an interception this past Sunday.  Tapping his forehead as if to say “THINK”.   That made many NFL highlight shows.

Where is Allen’s QB coach Ken Dorsey?  He supposedly helped Cam Newton with the Panthers. 

Josh has been working for 2 years in CA with Jordan Palmer’s private Company “QB Summit”.  They stress footwork and include ‘yoga on the beach’!!  Jordan Palmer completed 11 passes in the NFL career and is really a spiritual guru rather than a coach/trainer.  Tyree Jackson from UB studied with him before the ’19 draft.  Has this helped at all and did the Bills recommend this training?

It appears Josh is regressing with basic QB skills.  The NFL teams now have  had 2 years to scout his play.  I can see him ending the year with the same numbers as last season.  That’s not good enough.

Is one bad game after 3 positive ones regressing? You didn’t expect any bumps in the road. Even if Josh ever does become an elite QB he’s still gonna have bad games here and there. 

Until we see more games, the way a lot of you are worrying about this one at this point is an over reacting. 

11 hours ago, Stallions said:

Do you honestly think that it took a tap on the helmet by Daboll for people to get the impression that Allen doesn’t think well in a game? Really? As though Allen’s own performance at times on the field doesn’t make that plainly obvious to anyone watching? 

• Like (+1) 1