How is Josh Allen being coached?

Stallions

I didn’t like seeing Daboll ridiculing Josh on the bench after an interception this past Sunday.  Tapping his forehead as if to say “THINK”.   That made many NFL highlight shows.

Where is Allen’s QB coach Ken Dorsey?  He supposedly helped Cam Newton with the Panthers. 

Josh has been working for 2 years in CA with Jordan Palmer’s private Company “QB Summit”.  They stress footwork and include ‘yoga on the beach’!!  Jordan Palmer completed 11 passes in the NFL career and is really a spiritual guru rather than a coach/trainer.  Tyree Jackson from UB studied with him before the ’19 draft.  Has this helped at all and did the Bills recommend this training?

It appears Josh is regressing with basic QB skills.  The NFL teams now have  had 2 years to scout his play.  I can see him ending the year with the same numbers as last season.  That’s not good enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Stallions said:

I didn’t like seeing Daboll ridiculing Josh on the bench after an interception this past Sunday.  Tapping his forehead as if to say “THINK”.   That made many NFL highlight shows.

Where is Allen’s QB coach Ken Dorsey?  He supposedly helped Cam Newton with the Panthers. 

Josh has been working for 2 years in CA with Jordan Palmer’s private Company “QB Summit”.  They stress footwork and include ‘yoga on the beach’!!  Jordan Palmer completed 11 passes in the NFL career and is really a spiritual guru rather than a coach/trainer.  Tyree Jackson from UB studied with him before the ’19 draft.  Has this helped at all and did the Bills recommend this training?

It appears Josh is regressing with basic QB skills.  The NFL teams now have  had 2 years to scout his play.  I can see him ending the year with the same numbers as last season.  That’s not good enough.

Would you rather he just smile and pat him on the back? 

No problems with how Daboll reacted. Do it more if necessary. The footwork was putrid. He was better in the second half though. He had the adrenaline flowing too much to start the game. We probably win that game if he didnt get concussed. Let's see if he learns from it.

Edited by Bferra13

Who cares what the national perception is. If he doesn’t produce well on the field, it won’t matter anyways. 

At some point, if the crazy INTs keep happening...and I mean the ones that are completely egregious and avoidable, some players need to start letting him here it too. Maybe not on the sideline, but someone needs to get it through his head. Maybe it will take the players who he is hurting with these decisions to do that 

• Like (+1) 1

If Allen can’t handle tough coaching when he’s making dumb decisions then he’s not going to be the guy we hope for. 

3 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Do that stuff in the coaches room.  Now an impression has been made that Josh doesn't think well in a game!  

And you don’t think that same impression can be made just by watching the tape?

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Stallions said:

Is this Josh's girlfriend

• Haha (+1) 7

1 hour ago, Bferra13 said:

No problems with how Daboll reacted. Do it more if necessary. The footwork was putrid. He was better in the second half though. He had the adrenaline flowing too much to start the game. We probably win that game if he didnt get concussed. Let's see if he learns from it.

Never know for sure but this is what I thought as well. Trying too hard. He just has to learn to take what is available. Especially against the best D's. He has to be patient like he was on the first drive of the second half. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Dante said:

Never know for sure but this is what I thought as well. Trying too hard. He just has to learn to take what is available. Especially against the best D's. He has to be patient like he was on the first drive of the second half. 

I remember before the Jets game they showed a video of Josh giving a hype up speech to the team and YardsPerPass on twitter said he was worried that 17 was a little too amped up. Then we got that awful first half performance. Might have been some truth to that and the same would be true of this last game. Gotta be cool under pressure. 

1 hour ago, Stallions said:

Do that stuff in the coaches room.  Now an impression has been made that Josh doesn't think well in a game!  

I don't remember that kind of gesture with Peterman.  These days at QB you have to have smarts and a rocket launcher.  Pman didn't seem to have both.  Hope JA does.

5 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

I don't remember that kind of gesture with Peterman.  These days at QB you have to have smarts and a rocket launcher.  Pman didn't seem to have both.  Hope JA does.

We are hoping he does.  Is patience running down within the coaching staff?

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Anyone have a video link of this?  I missed it 

I don’t think you missed much, just someone trying to stir the pot for his own amusement. Or.......something I don’t want to make fun of.