Tom Brady explains why the flight home from Buffalo 'sucked' after the Patriots' win over Bills

14 hours ago, Utah John said:

Brady is in decline but his game isn't going to fall off a cliff.  He doesn't have to face a defense as good as the Bills' is until late December.  

Like any other player who's declining, it will be a downward trending up and down affair.  He'll have good days when the zip is still there, and he can do what he wants when he wants.  These days will compound the frustration for him on the bad days, when he can't get it done and doesn't understand why.

I don't blame him for playing this year because he was still very good last year.  But this does seem to be the end of the road.

Obviously you never watched Manning's last 2 months of his career.  He was down right horrible after putting up MVP numbers for the first 3 quarters of the season.  I get a kick out of guys like you, thinking he could play forever.  He is 42, the end is coming.

16 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Agreed. Completely different QB now. Still dangerous from his knowledge but not the same as he used to be. 

Makes me wonder what BB will do when TB hangs them up. 

To me that’s about as important as Brady retiring. BB is a great coach and he will somehow find a decent Qb. With that team it still won’t be easy to win the division! Hopefully they walk hand in hand into the sunset together!!

• Like (+1) 1

I wouldn't get your hopes up, he can still throw very well. His weapons and OL are banged up/not available. He wasn't really missing guys that were open.

That said, the things I didn't like as a Pats fan were:

- that INT was inexcusable, a veteran qb has to see that other db lurking there, not to mention that he had Gordon open in the other corner before he decided to roll out

- the bad clock management at the end of the half and game.

The Bills D is very good both physically and game planning, so that also had a lot to do with it. Brady's also more willing to take a 3 and out with his defense playing so well. He threw the ball away like 10 times once he saw a play wasn't developing well. 

Edited by 50yrpatsfan

18 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Although Brady spent some time celebrating the win on social media Monday, he had a much different reaction during an interview on Westwood One Radio. Apparently, Brady was so upset with his performance in Buffalo that it ruined his flight home. 

"Yeah, I mean, the flight home [on Sunday] sucked. The night of sleep sucked," Brady said, via NBC Sports Boston. "You watch the film, and that sucks, and then you just lick your wounds, and you get up and you try to do better the next week."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-explains-why-the-flight-home-from-buffalo-sucked-after-the-patriots-win-over-bills/

C'mon we all know there was a lot of sucking going on on that flight but don't try to pin that blame on us:sick:

Are you sure you guys aren't using your wish as a projection here? He really did look awful Sunday, well, rattled and unable to get a rhythm. But old? Seems wishful thinking! He never outran anybody, still seems to have about the same arm strength - which wasn't never that great. If he plays like that in a lot of games, then you have a point. Otherwise, I don't see it. His game is about intelligent reads, a few clutch plays, and a dose  of whining & cheating ha ha. Nothing that goes down that much with age, sadly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/1/2019 at 4:44 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

Don't worry, Tom. You play the Bills at home next time. I'm sure the Bills headsets will mysteriously cut out, among other odd things that always happen at Gillette.

Indirectly the Pats**** are probably responsible for the NFL joining the digital age...they use VOIP now and a dedicated frequency obtained from the FCC with encoding to prevent RF interference.  They (the NFL) apparently said "enough is enough" and put a huge push on after the 2015 Pitt at NE game where Tomlin had a few choice words.

Not clear why it took them so long, though.  Frustration from other teams must have reached fever pitch at that point.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/behind-scenes-nfl-sideline-technology-microsoft-bose-power-team-communication/

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Indirectly the Pats**** are probably responsible for the NFL joining the digital age...they use VOIP now and a dedicated frequency obtained from the FCC with encoding to prevent RF interference.  They (the NFL) apparently said "enough is enough" and put a huge push on after the 2015 Pitt at NE game where Tomlin had a few choice words.

Not clear why it took them so long, though.  Frustration from other teams must have reached fever pitch at that point.

https://www.geekwire.com/2017/behind-scenes-nfl-sideline-technology-microsoft-bose-power-team-communication/

Gillette was built with cheat codes baked in.

18 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The sad thing is, this list even leaves off the various foot-ball related scandals (Spygate, the headset radio interference stuff, etc)

The sadder thing is that if someone were to make a shirt like this for Buffalo, it wouldn't be too different, outside of the rings.