Tom Brady explains why the flight home from Buffalo 'sucked' after the Patriots' win over Bills

HOUSE

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Going to be a Manning-esque fall from grace, maybe not quite as quickly

He can't afford to lose a single bit of velocity and that is happening. Probably has a little more pop early in the season, but that will fade with the grind of the season. Also, his survival mechanism is kicking in when he's facing the slightest bit of pressure. I'm sure he "regrets" not sticking with the play, but he's fighting basic physiology and that's a match up he can't win. The Pats will likely win the division in spite of Brady, but the end is most certainly near for TB42.

• Like (+1) 1

I love this so much! 

Brady generally gives great public insight to most elite althletes/Olympians that aren’t NFL, NBA, NHL. Don’t get high after any win that isn’t a championship. Everything coupd always be better. 

This though...it as great of a response as you’ll get out of him. Beaten, bruised. Not “fix your mistakes, look at the film. We could always be better, we just didn’t play our football”. It’s just him sort of losing. They’ll win another 8+ games this year. 

Our next few games are tough and will be real identity makers for us. Most are playing tough hard football with a record around .500. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

What about Brady’s performance Sunday, not last year or previous years, makes you think he is the same player?

It was one game against one of the best defenses in the league in one of the hardest places to play.

And he still won.

3 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Said it before the season and Sunday reaffirmed what I thought. Brady is almost done. I think by 12/22 when we play them again, the entire league will know what we think. This is Tom’s last season, and it isn’t ending in a Super Bowl. 

I'm not willing to go that far.  He had a game like this against Jacksonville last year.  I've seen him struggle in Miami when they had a decent d-line.  They always seem to bounce back and figure it out but I hope you're right.

4 hours ago, Say When... said:

well to shamelessly quote myself from 5 hours ago:

"fact is Tom looked in the mirror Sunday and saw an old man and he's more focused on that than anything else.  He's giving credit in the form of innuendo but at the end of the day he's scared and not of getting hurt but falling down to the point the team either flounders or looks a different direction, remember this is the guy that said "I'm going to play until i'm 45" and he meant it, and that won't be as a backup.

now his ego, HGH, health science diet, protection from the league (in however form you choose to answer) and D will motivate him to drive on but he's a man that's now facing his inner demons and it genuinely bothers him; how he's perceived in this league means everything to him.

now - things will be alright in Pats*** land as they get the Deadskins next so their facade will continue but it's only masking the inevitable, if he has to throw the ball that many times with no/little running game and stronger teams on the backside of their schedule could be a tougher run than they had last year."

amen to this ^^^^^^

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm not willing to go that far.  He had a game like this against Jacksonville last year.  I've seen him struggle in Miami when they had a decent d-line.  They always seem to bounce back and figure it out but I hope you're right.

Bad games happen. You are right. It’s his arm that’s going bad. He can not pin point throw the ball with velocity consistently. This was what Tom did for years on those crossing routes. He has one or two throws a game in him. As the season goes on it will become more and more apparent. By the time the Bills play NE again it will be focus on the run and make Tom beat you. 

6 hours ago, Fetou said:

Even if we did beat him now, it matters little at this point. You cant reverse everything he accomplished or the entire past generation of Pats-Bills. All that matters is that it is almost over and there is a chance for a new dynamic.

That new dynamic being that this new generation of Bills teams dominate the Patriots. Similar to reversing the role with the Dolphins in the Jim Kelly era.

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Although Brady spent some time celebrating the win on social media Monday, he had a much different reaction during an interview on Westwood One Radio. Apparently, Brady was so upset with his performance in Buffalo that it ruined his flight home. 

"Yeah, I mean, the flight home [on Sunday] sucked. The night of sleep sucked," Brady said, via NBC Sports Boston. "You watch the film, and that sucks, and then you just lick your wounds, and you get up and you try to do better the next week."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tom-brady-explains-why-the-flight-home-from-buffalo-sucked-after-the-patriots-win-over-bills/

This is typical Patriot BS.  Done to make the losers feel good.