Some All-22 Review

elijah

1 minute ago, Augie said:

On the drive where he calmed down and went 6-6 leading to earn the 1st TD the Pats gave up all season, he looked pretty darn good!

I don’t know how he turns out, but he jumped forward from early to late season last year. He looked better yet in the 1st 3 games this year, about 64% I think. Then he had one abysmal half. Belichick will do that to young QB’s. Had he slid on his last play, a 3rd and 8, leaving a 4th and 2, we just might have had another late comeback. 

He’s got a lot to learn, and I’m not 100% in, but I’m fascinated with his ceiling. 

He was bad in this game.....regardless of the 6 for 6 drive....no disputing that.

I am trying to point out that he has been money when it matters in our other games (we are in fact 3 and 1

also

The pats defense is destroying teams right now.....it pains me to say it....but they really are the best team in the league at this moment.

We have 10 new starters on offense....our D is elite....I am hoping the O gets it together and the season goes on.   Still on pace to make the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, elijah said:

Edmunds really, really stood out this game in case I didn’t get that point across in the OP lmao. 

But the secondary has played great as well. 

To me its the 1/11th philosophy and just really above average talent at every position on the defense that’s plays together with such strong cohesion.  Hard to beat a unit when everyone’s on the same page. 

I agree with the 1/11th. On the flip side, we can’t keep devoting first round picks to the defense. They’ll need to find a way to find a strong unit with devoting a first every year to that side of the ball.

I am interested to see how they manage the cap in the next few years with Edmunds, Oliver, Tre. Plus need on the offensive side of the ball with WR and OL. They could use another edge rusher plus Jerry is pushing age at 31. He won’t play at this level 3-4 years from now. 2020 and 2021 will need yo be this regimes most resourceful and strategic drafts. 

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree with the OP wholeheartedly. Sit him and let him develop in practice/off the field. The best 5 are Dawkins, Spain, Morse, Feliciano, Nscheke.... and Nschekes play is subpar at best..... that's how bad Ford has been there.

Dawkins at LT has been subpar, as well.  We have problems at both OT spots right now.  Maybe we get lucky and Ford starts to develop into a serviceable to good RT, but that is a ways off.  I still wonder if Nsecke is a better LT; he played that spot in Washington when he filled in for Trent Williams and did well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Nsecke might be dealing with a knee issue. He missed a couple of pre season games due to knee soreness. Otherwise I think he would be the full time starter at rt. Not sure why anyone would suggest Ford is out there just to justify a draft pick. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Killed your post

Josh Allen is over 60 percent completion.....right arond 250 pards passing.....is accurate.....and multi threat

He had a bad game....and that is all...

Sorry, I suppose I wasn’t clear enough. 

Allen has cleaned up his act as for the sporadic and hectic look to his game and I thought he had completely abolished it until this game. 

When I said already it was meant to read that he had the jitters to start this game, not that he had poor poise and composure as a permanent recurring part of his game. 

It was supposed to read as he had nerves heading into this game and didn’t get the chance to calm them too well because he was harassed by the opposing defensive line early and often. 

47 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Like the effort but fail to see an All-22 take from this? Sounded like general comments and opinions from the game. 

I’ve got quite a few breakdowns of some screen recordings that I sent to my friends but at the moment am I college student so I’ve put my twitter account on hold and didn’t quite have the time to upload them here either.  

What I put up here was the rest of what I took away from the game.  Just thought some members might find some valuable insight in it, if not then just carry along.  No harm, no foul. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

@elijah thanks for putting it together.  I think when people see the “all-22” in the title that they expect screen shots when they open the thread.  Your thread is more of general observations of the all-22 which is fine in my opinion.

As for the subject of Ford:  I think the coaching staff has a dual purpose.  They have a workload plan to save an injured knee and they also want to evaluate Ford under live fire.  I think this is all part of the process for Coach McD.  He has a plan and he’s sticking to it.  I don’t think that the coach is doing it to justify a position of a draft pick.  If so, I’ve completely misread McD’s intentions...just doesn’t jive with his personality or leadership style.

• Like (+1) 3

We know that the Patriots baited Josh into making all those bad deep passes.   The Patriots defensive players said so.  He also was unusually antsy in this game.  That led to inaccuracy in his short game, and allowed his footwork to regress.  I don't think there is any reason to think that's going to be a long term trend for Josh, but he does need to go back to the drawing board anddo what he already knows he should do.

• Like (+1) 2

Just started getting into the All-22 tonight

Allen essentially stared down Smoke the entire route and the safety was watching him and waiting to jump the route. Knox was wide open with plenty of room for yac towards the sideline

5-D310-E2-E-8-F30-4-AA0-891-C-6-CD9-CFAE

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

1st and 20. Holding call the play before.

Josh thinks he needs to get it all back with one play. The guy just plays extremely dumb football at times.

Awwww ... you must have the night shift tonight.  Boss must be sleeping!

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Cant handle a little criticism of your new hero? 

I can't handle you and your posse finding every effing opportunity to beat a dead horse.  It's bad enough that your boss does it.  But at least he's original.  You and the other lackey, chrissy is her name, I think - it's laughable.  You're just repeating what bossman says.

Over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

We get it.  You wish we drafted Mahomes and you hate Josh Allen.

So go root for the goddamn Chiefs and stop polluting this board.

Please.

Thanks.

Edited by Gugny
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Killed your post

Josh Allen is over 60 percent completion.....right arond 250 pards passing.....is accurate.....and multi threat

I am assuming he meant from the start of the game.  Josh was a deer in headlights from snap 1. He didn't have it.  I think the Pat silver got to him

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Killed your post

I am assuming he meant from the start of the game.  Josh was a deer in headlights from snap 1. He didn't have it.  I think the Pat silver got to him

I am just curious to know some of the right reads on the ints especially. Murphy and Tasker alluded to open receivers josh just didnt see. And I really find it hard to believe that all the receivers NEVER came open. I only saw on tv, but a friend that was there said that Josh had NOWHERE to throw all game. Any all 22 stills or first hand accounts are welcome.

Please be subjective. I want to know the truth. Josh was terrible Sunday and I want to know was he just so nervous, did he and morse misdiagnose the presnap blocking assignments, or was Gilmore and crew just the best secondary in football Sunday? 

Also it seems to me that their best linebacker (hightower) was out... why not zero in on that part of the field? What was the look. Wouldn't it make sense to test that spot early with Beasley / Knox? 

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

That’s odd. When I was on this board last week, I read several threads about how both Oliver and Edmunds were terrible. 

Way back when Allen was the franchise and the Bills had the best qb tandem in the nfl. 

Who couldn't see "Allen sucks" posts coming?

Two weeks ago Mayfield was Trent Edwards.

• Like (+1) 1