Cold Front Report: Claims Zay almost traded before season, and on trade block now

Alphadawg7

7 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, nice cop out.  I mean I get it, you can’t answer that question in any way that supports your clam, so I see why you’ve dodged it twice now. 

I mean it was a pretty simple question.  Nice, Jimmy Johns, hopefully you got the classic Italian and told them to grill the meats and cheese...

Hopefully you enjoy your meal and don’t think about Zay while eating, wouldn’t want you to drop it on the floor too ?

I laughed at the bold, I know you meant "claim" but clam seemed to work there also .

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

With all respect to coach he is blind in this regard, zay is in his 3rd season and making no headway, a virtual cornucopia of examples showing this has already been made public on this board, and reasonable options to remedy the issue have been proposed. We now just have to suffer until the light goes on in coaches head, and he moves on from his insistent yet misguided trust in zay. Oh well for us.

Go Bills!!!

Worth noting, the coaches said the very same things about a Carolina Panther WR trade acquisition, despite all evidence to the contrary -right before they kicked him to the curb. I hold out hope. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, nice cop out.  I mean I get it, you can’t answer that question in any way that supports your clam, so I see why you’ve dodged it twice now. 

I mean it was a pretty simple question.  Nice, Jimmy Johns, hopefully you got the classic Italian and told them to grill the meats and cheese...

Hopefully you enjoy your meal and don’t think about Zay while eating, wouldn’t want you to drop it on the floor too ?

No one takes this as seriously as you do. Lighten up. I posted the qb's the last 3 years sucked. You don't agree, fine. Zay made the team and since then you've been on a mission. You're the one posting video of a practice squad player to justify getting rid of Zay, or posting an article of a potential trade from a toilet paper site/blog/whatever. He's clearly been in your head since cut down date. I don't think you would be this way if you hadn't made that prediction. The floor is dry now. You can get out of the corner you painted yourself in, Zay MADE THE TEAM! 

6 minutes ago, Dopey said:

No one takes this as seriously as you do. Lighten up. I posted the qb's the last 3 years sucked. You don't agree, fine. Zay made the team and since then you've been on a mission. You're the one posting video of a practice squad player to justify getting rid of Zay, or posting an article of a potential trade from a toilet paper site/blog/whatever. He's clearly been in your head since cut down date. I don't think you would be this way if you hadn't made that prediction. The floor is dry now. You can get out of the corner you painted yourself in, Zay MADE THE TEAM! 

I find it hilarious you are trying to sell this agenda narrative again because you do realize you talk about him more than I do right?  I mean, I left a week and a half and you were still talking about him too.  You are in all the Zay threads too, and more often than me.  

And again, you continue to not answer a very simple question, one of which has been asked of you by other posters.  And I think its pretty hysterical you think my dissatisfaction with Zay, something probably 90% of this fan base feels too now, is about a dumb prediction.  

Bottom line...you cant prove your claims right, so you resort to trying to create this false narrative that its about me having an agenda...hahaha, thats the most classic TSW move in history.  You can't counter the facts against you, you cant disprove the criticisms, and you cant support your claims...so you TRY and spin it to an infamous "agenda".  

All good...you clearly can't and won't answer a very clear and simple question.  Tell you what, I will let you off the hook.  I mean no point chatting anymore if you wont just answer a very clear and simple question.  Everything else is just more dribble to avoid answering a question asked of you multiple times now.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I find it hilarious you are trying to sell this agenda narrative again because you do realize you talk about him more than I do right?  I mean, I left a week and a half and you were still talking about him too.  You are in all the Zay threads too, and more often than me.  

And again, you continue to not answer a very simple question, one of which has been asked of you by other posters.  And I think its pretty hysterical you think my dissatisfaction with Zay, something probably 90% of this fan base feels too now, is about a dumb prediction.  

Bottom line...you cant prove your claims right, so you resort to trying to create this false narrative that its about me having an agenda...hahaha, thats the most classic TSW move in history.  You can't counter the facts against you, you cant disprove the criticisms, and you cant support your claims...so you TRY and spin it to an infamous "agenda".  

All good...you clearly can't and won't answer a very clear and simple question.  Tell you what, I will let you off the hook.  I mean no point chatting anymore if you wont just answer a very clear and simple question.  Everything else is just more dribble to avoid answering a question asked of you multiple times now.  

Why'd you leave?

1 minute ago, Dopey said:

Why'd you leave?

Because the idiocy of a couple posters who were about to trigger me to lose my cool, so left before I got warning points, suspended, or banned for the annihilation of said individuals.  

But had a lot of posters, even mods, privately reach out to me in DM asking me to stay and brought me back sooner than I had planned.  So I was actually still around, but stayed off the boards and only chatted in DM. 

Just now, Teddy KGB said:

Jimmy John’s doesn’t have a grill.     What’s @Alphadawg7 talking about ? 

hahahaha I mixed up Jimmy Johns with Jersey Mikes hahahaha.  OOPS 

Had not had either in a while since I have been trying to limit carbs haha...both sound great right now 

15 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

He's Josh Reed all over again  Hopefully he is moved and soon. 30 yards per game sucks especially since he basically was a full time starter last year  It should not be that difficult to find someone more capable than him to take those snaps  What is even more alarming is he's a injury away from starting should Brown or Beasley get dinged.  Buffalo needs to get serious about getting Allen more help and it starts right here.

Sadly I think Zay is likely a JAG type player. Certainly capable of being a depth WR 4-5. If he develops into a capable special teams player he will certainly have a fairly long NFL career. I think he still has a chance to prove people wrong but as each game goes and he fails to stand out much my personal hope for him is diminished. 

I would look to package Zay with a 5th or 4th round pick to try and get Emmanuel Sanders. Sanders is on the smaller side and more of a high end WR2. But he would represent a significant upgrade at WR and be a good veteran presence for Josh. He is still very productive and a quality player. 

I think Denver netting a decent mid-round pick and getting a chance to kick the tires on Zay for the rest of 2019 and bring him into camp in 2020 is a fair return for a vet WR on the last year of his deal. Although Denver might not be willing to part with him for anything less than a 3rd if they feel he would net a 3rd round comp pick. 

I wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for a Sanders rental as I think it wouldn't be worth it. But as far as Zay goes I think it would be worth throwing him in a trade for a WR or trading him for a late rounder to a team that might want him. 

7 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’d love to see @Alphadawg7 exonerated for the crap he took in that monstrosity thread. Maybe we were all hopeful and still unsure earlier in the year if Zay could take the next step and truly be a force here. 

We’re all sure now. I’m so sure, I don’t think a trade will happen because he’s only shown to be a liability, regardless of coach’s ‘endorsements’.

I wouldn’t want him if I were coach of the NT Lumberjacks.

I wish I could like your post more than once Chandler. The problem is, if I am quoting Alpha correctly, that most of the board was very respectful in disagreeing, but that there were a few specific posters who most disagreed/antagonized depending on who is framing it. I would love to, but don't know if we will, see anyone own up to that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Pete said:

name 5 worse please.  5 WRs you would not trade Zay for

38.9 catch %, wins zero 50-50 balls, alligator arms, avoids contact, zero football instincts, little if any seperation, makes zero big plays, and seems to choke,  horrible hands.....I could go on....show me 5 worse WR please

WR 4 or 5 or 6 on any roster because they can't even crack the starting lineup on their team.  

18 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

If he held on to the ball on the pass from Barkley with 10:47 remaining, we win the game. If he breaks up the two interceptions, we win the game. And, wasn't there a halfback pass from John Brown to Zay that he dropped?

I used to really want to see him succeed, but it's time to move on. Throw more to Knox, bring up the Duke and trade/sign a sure-handed receiver.

The 4th down pass was a bad pass.  If he had caught it he would've been outside the end zone anyway.  Because it was a bad pass.  Calvin Johnson at 6'6 would have caught it.  Julio Jones at 6'4 might have caught it.  If Barkley throws a better pass We win the game.

interception 2, Zay has his man beat by three damn yards.  A better pass is a TD and we win the game.  Why is it his fault the QB couldn't hit him?  He was wide open going toward the end zone.  You go outside and run as fast as you can in one direction then try to stop and go a totally different direction in a split second.

interception 3 I'll give you.  He could have made a better effort. At the same time when does our QB stop doing dumb s?!t like throwing the ball into nowhere?  If Josh stops making dumb passes there won't be multiple interceptions and we win the game.

And don't forget If Allen doesn't overthrow Zay, who had a step on his man, by five yards going toward the tunnel-end end zone we might score there too.

This is the type of BS I'm talking about.  Make sense with your criticisms.  Zay ain't living up to his draft status, the Bills can upgrade from him, but everything that goes wrong isn't his fault either.  Dude is open his share.  QB has to throw a good pass too

Edited by purple haze