Cold Front Report: Claims Zay almost traded before season, and on trade block now

Alphadawg7

I’d love to see @Alphadawg7 exonerated for the crap he took in that monstrosity thread. Maybe we were all hopeful and still unsure earlier in the year if Zay could take the next step and truly be a force here. 

We’re all sure now. I’m so sure, I don’t think a trade will happen because he’s only shown to be a liability, regardless of coach’s ‘endorsements’.

I wouldn’t want him if I were coach of the NT Lumberjacks.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Cold Front Report....aren't they the ones who said we were trading for a dude earlier this season and to "be patient" and blah blah blah, and then they were dead wrong?

Ha! Not very limiting. Is there a ‘news source’ anywhere that hasn’t done this?

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Ha! Not very limiting. Is there a ‘news source’ anywhere that hasn’t done this?

They stated it as a complete certainty, though. "Don't sleep on our sources!" and "Be patient!".

Can you point out any major news story or trade that they ever HAVE been the first ones to (correctly) report? I'm truly curious to know.

• Like (+1) 1

With all respect to coach he is blind in this regard, zay is in his 3rd season and making no headway, a virtual cornucopia of examples showing this has already been made public on this board, and reasonable options to remedy the issue have been proposed. We now just have to suffer until the light goes on in coaches head, and he moves on from his insistent yet misguided trust in zay. Oh well for us.

Go Bills!!!

this is from one other Zay threads

21 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

From the Athletic today:

https://theathletic.com/1258181/2019/10/01/bills-all-22-review-dissecting-josh-allens-day-and-why-theres-more-to-zay-jones-than-meets-the-eye/

Quote:

“Jones must learn to make plays when he’s given the opportunity in non-perfect situations. He has shown glimpses of it in the past, but not consistently enough. At the same time, it isn’t as though he’s a useless player on the field. Jones has been targeted 18 times in 2019 and has seven receptions to show for it.

According to Sports Info Solutions, only eight of those 18 targets were deemed catchable passes — and he’s brought in seven of them. Here’s another stat you didn’t see coming:

According to NextGen Stats, Jones has a higher average rate of separation (2.7) than John Brown does (2.3) through the first four weeks.

Jones is a role player on an offense trying to find its way, not an impact player. Despite being a disappointment considering where the Bills drafted him, he does add value to the offense.”

Also:

At the same time, Jones is the best blocking receiver on the roster and it isn’t particularly close.”

• Like (+1) 4

26 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’d love to see @Alphadawg7 exonerated for the crap he took in that monstrosity thread. Maybe we were all hopeful and still unsure earlier in the year if Zay could take the next step and truly be a force here. 

We’re all sure now. I’m so sure, I don’t think a trade will happen because he’s only shown to be a liability, regardless of coach’s ‘endorsements’.

I’d take him on the Niagara Wheatfield Falcons.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

If you are referring to the BOLD prediction thread, no exoneration is needed. Alpha is a big boy, I think he's fine. If I'm wrong on the thread you speak of, my bad.

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I truly think that people are way overreacting to how poor Zay may or may not have played against the Patriots. 

He was way worse most other games. 

But this game was lost by a few plays - and could've been won had a few more plays been made.  Zay dropped a pass that hit him in the hands.  He failed to have the situational awareness to fight back for the ball and/or pull the DB out of bounds on the last INT.  Those were important plays that could've changed the outcome of the game.

On an opportunity cost basis, Zay Jones is the worst player in the NFL at any position.  He actually gets opportunities (unlike, say, Nate Peterman) and continues to squander them.  It's amazing that he continues to get them.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

But this game was lost by a few plays - and could've been won had a few more plays been made.  Zay dropped a pass that hit him in the hands.  He failed to have the situational awareness to fight back for the ball and/or pull the DB out of bounds on the last INT.  Those were important plays that could've changed the outcome of the game.

On an opportunity cost basis, Zay Jones is the worst player in the NFL at any position.  He actually gets opportunities (unlike, say, Nate Peterman) and continues to squander them.  It's amazing that he continues to get them.

Agree on all of that, except I wouldn’t say he’s absolute worst, and that was kind of my point. He’s shown to be poor long ago, many times. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

NEVER been a fan!

Terrible Draft Pick! As has been the case throughout the Millennium of prior regime’s failures, some dude named Ju Ju and another named Kimara still on  the Board at the time! ??

A stone hands stiff, who is not completely mentally balanced and merely the best of the 2018 Sunday Beer League Bills’ Receiving corps! 

BEGONE!

3 hours ago, Dopey said:

Is Teddy kgb your alter ego!?

Just about everyone wanted Tyrod gone, last year was a dumpsterfire at qb, no? And Josh has a 2/1 int to td ratio so far this year. That sucks and that's on Josh. Forgetting about Zay for a second, is what I just wrote not true? Again, if you can forget about Zay for even a second, is my statement not true?

Why didn’t you answer my question?  

47 minutes ago, without a drought said:

Who are we going to blame for others mistakes if Zay is gone.

Why would a team trade for Zay when they can just sign Duke off the Bills PS.

Probably Cody Ford ?   He was drafted high like Zay and shouldn’t suck. 

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why didn’t you answer my question?  

Cuz I replied to someone else and I could go round and round and round and round with you but Jimmy John's showed up. More important things to do.

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Cuz I replied to someone else and I could go round and round and round and round with you but Jimmy John's showed up. More important things to do.

Lol, nice cop out.  I mean I get it, you can’t answer that question in any way that supports your clam, so I see why you’ve dodged it twice now. 

I mean it was a pretty simple question.  Nice, Jimmy Johns, hopefully you got the classic Italian and told them to grill the meats and cheese...

Hopefully you enjoy your meal and don’t think about Zay while eating, wouldn’t want you to drop it on the floor too ?