Cold Front Report: Claims Zay almost traded before season, and on trade block now

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, almost all of McKenzies entire production is essentially a run play for a TD qualified as a reception since Allen tossed the ball 3 inches forward.  

If not for that run counting as a pass on the stat sheet, the 3 WRs have combined 9 rec for 78 yards on the season.  

Allen needs help...badly.   And yes, I know you are one of those posters lol, and its fine you still believe in him, I dont have an issue with that.  I don't, and many others have lost faith...but the one thing we can all agree on, Zay and Allen are not demonstrating any sort of chemistry.  

'Allen needs help...badly.'

Receivers are open.

Didn't look like he needed help first drive after the half.

4 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

At this point I would take John Gianelli and cash. 

As the greatest fan ever of Danny Neavereth's "That's 2 for McAdoo", this brought back memories. And not good ones. The beginning of the end for my other beloved Buffalo sports team. Nevertheless, I appreciate your knowledge, Kelly. 

27 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Foster was active for 13 games with less than half of the catches.  Yes, foster had a ton of yards on few catches, no argument there. Foster was a deep threat where zay is a possession receiver. 

How many catches does foster have this year?

IMO zay is far from a super star but he is what he is, a #3 NFL WR. So how bad has he done?

2017 #2 WR in yards

2018 #1 WR in yards

2018 #3 WR in yards

WOW...hahahaha this is the most ridiculous response I have ever seen...did you really just try and use his "ranking as a WR only" in yards to try and make him look good because his actual stats dont?  Again, not actual receiving yard ranks on the team, just his rank among the worst WR groups in the NFL to TRY and manipulate it to look impactful hahahaha.   Fun, I want to play this game too...

I mean look at all these STUDS!!!

2018:  Deonte Thompson #1 WR in receiving yards

2006:  JP Losman #1 in passing yards

2018:  Derek Anderson #2 in passing yards

2017:  Nate Peterman #2 in passing yards

Now lets get back to Zay...and his REAL ranks on receiving for this team

2017:  5th in receiving yards despite starting 15 games.  Only had 30 yards more than Jordan Matthews who barely played and only even was active for 10 games.

2018:  #1 receiving yards only because the other starters were cut week 10 and was out gained by over 200 yards after Foster was brought back from the PS over the final 7 weeks of the season.

2019:  5th in receiving yards behind even Yeldon

Again...the criticisms and frustrations are not about one game..its about a WR averaging 2.5 catches and 30 yards a game for 35 CAREER games and a career catch rate of 46%.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

If he gets traded who will be the new whipping boy?

I dont see how its Zays fault that JA threw 2 bad balls his way that were picked(1 would have been a TD if not under thrown), and last week when wide open in the end zone was way over thrown.....  

When looking at the passing game I more worried about leading the league in interceptions while being in the bottom half in attempts with a QB who is second in the league(all positions)in fumbles.  

3 years of garbage by Zay.     No time left for excuses 

21 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

It has more clout coming from you Simon. but i have been all over this. the kid has something broken upstairs or is trying to get released.
 his physical behaviour is just odd . Going back to preseason when he got concussed. he got hit cuz he would not run through the play.
and he has alligatored armed enough to avoid perceived hits coming.

Not a football player.

sorry i have been so harsh for so long.

but still wonder what McBeanes see/saw in him

Thank you but my clout level is currently hovering around zero. :blush:

I've been out of touch with the Bills for the last couple years or I hope I'd have been right there with you.

I had to watch that replay several times because I just could not beleive what I was seeing. We've all seen guys short-arm balls or bail out on crossing routes in heavy traffic, but I don't think I have ever seen an NFL WR literally run away from a ball on a route to the corner.

Something is indeed broken upstairs.

This is going to be some pig-ignorant speculation for which I will get deservedly flamed, but I wonder if Zay is on some sort of anti-depressant prescription after the bizarre incident I read about last year. I assumed he was puffing on some of that synthetic garbage but maybe there is more to it. My understanding is that one of the side effects from that family of drugs is to level you so much that you sort of develop a laissez faire attitude toward things. Between running away from footballs and that dainty effort to break up Allen's last pick, he just looks like a guy who's more interested in self-preservation than winning battles. If that's the case, I hope he chooses a stabel life over football for his own sake, but at this point it's time for the Bills to get him off the field one way or another.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, artmalibu said:

No not 1 or 2 games in my eyes.  

Last year Zay  was the leader in receptions, receiving yards and receiving TDs.  And this is the guy many cant wait to get rid of?  

Another classic case of, if the bills drafted in later he would be loved.....

He was also second last in catch % with 56 catches on 102 targets.  That's terrible.

7 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

One of the worst starters?  Okay.  But There's about 60 or more WRs in the league who don't even do that.  So, in the league?  No.  Ghost chaser. ?

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He was also second last in catch % with 56 catches on 102 targets.  That's terrible.

So was quarterback play for long stretches of the season.  Nothing to say about that?

45 minutes ago, Dopey said:

3 yrs of garbage qb play too. No?

We already know we dont agree here...so not trying to beat a dead horse.  But I have to believe you see why this excuse is pretty weak right?

I mean, isn't Zay catching passes form the same guy that Foster, Brown and Cole are?  As a rookie, Zay was 5th on the team in receiving yards despite starting all season...catching passes from the same guy the other guys above him were.  Year 2, he led the team in yards, only because no other WR started nearly the amount of games he did...Foster technically was active for 13 games, but he really only played in 7...which he nearly doubled Zays yards over those 7 games, and more than doubled Zays yards in the 6 games with Allen.

Allen came back against JAX and looked like a guy who can finally throw.  In the 10 games since then, he has the longest 250 yard game streak since Kelly, Foster has 3 100 yard games, Brown has a 100 yard game and leads the team in all receiving categories, and Cole has a bunch of catches...meanwhile Zay has averaged 33 yards per game during the same 10 game stretch where Allen has been better as a passer.

Why didn't the "garbage" QB play affect the other WRs as much as its supposedly affected Zay then?

Edited by Alphadawg7

He's Josh Reed all over again  Hopefully he is moved and soon. 30 yards per game sucks especially since he basically was a full time starter last year  It should not be that difficult to find someone more capable than him to take those snaps  What is even more alarming is he's a injury away from starting should Brown or Beasley get dinged.  Buffalo needs to get serious about getting Allen more help and it starts right here.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, purple haze said:

One of the worst starters?  Okay.  But There's about 60 or more WRs in the league who don't even do that.  So, in the league?  No.  Ghost chaser. ?

So was quarterback play for long stretches of the season.  Nothing to say about that?

Yes, I have already said it in another thread... bad QB play or not the other receivers are catching more targets.  Is Zay somehow the only one that QBs can't throw to?

This season so far Zay is at 38.7 catch percent.  Everyone else is above 67% Last season he was at 54.9% second last only to Terrelle Pryor.  The season before 36.5%.  Even Benjamine was at 61.5%.

It doesn't matter how bad the QB play is.  Zay is by far the worst receiver on the team in catch%.  Even worse than Benjamin and that's pathetic.

Lets put this in perspective to drive my point home.  Out of a list of 200 receivers Zay is in the bottom 40 in catch percent.  That low on the list includes a lot of receivers that have only had a couple balls or no balls thrown their way

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, I have already said it in another thread... bad QB play or not the other receivers are catching more targets.  Is Zay somehow the only one that QBs can't throw to?

This season so far Zay is at 38.7 catch percent.  Everyone else is above 67% Last season he was at 54.9% second last only to Terrelle Pryor.  The season before 36.5%.  Even Benjamine was at 61.5%.

It doesn't matter how bad the QB play is.  Zay is by far the worst receiver on the team in catch%.  Even worse than Benjamin and that's pathetic.

Lets put this in perspective to drive my point home.  Out of a list of 200 receivers Zay is in the bottom 40 in catch percent.  That low on the list includes a lot of receivers that have only had a couple balls or no balls thrown their way

There is no world Zay is on par with Benjamin last season.  F$&k analytics.  Eye test can tell you that.  What does the All-22 show from yesterday?  Was he open?  Did he have opportunities.  He had three steps on the DB, pass underthrown.  Had a step on the DB, pass overthrown.  Josh makes good throws and the narrative is different today.

I'm not saying the Bills can't upgrade, and I'm sure they will at some point, which means grabbing a 1a to go with Smoke's 1b and Beasley becomes 3.   But the narrative he should be cut is crazy, and more frustration that he isn't playing up to his draft position, than reality based.  He's the third WR, and actually, might be 4th in line with Knox starting to show up.  Bills are 3-1.  Zay is the least of the Bills problems.  Y'all should be posting about that offensive line and pass blocking.  THAT is why the Bills didn't win that game.  But go head and keep  worrying about WR3.  

Edited by purple haze

2 hours ago, Simon said:

This is going to be some pig-ignorant speculation for which I will get deservedly flamed, but I wonder if Zay is on some sort of anti-depressant prescription after the bizarre incident I read about last year. I assumed he was puffing on some of that synthetic garbage but maybe there is more to it. My understanding is that one of the side effects from that family of drugs is to level you so much that you sort of develop a laissez faire attitude toward things. Between running away from footballs and that dainty effort to break up Allen's last pick, he just looks like a guy who's more interested in self-preservation than winning battles. If that's the case, I hope he chooses a stabel life over football for his own sake, but at this point it's time for the Bills to get him off the field one way or another.

There was a rush to declare that Jones' behavior in that video was attributable to an illegal substance.  Yet, police dropping charges just 2 days later made me think it was anything but drug related or, as it was claimed, there was insufficient evidence.  

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/prosecutors-drop-charges-against-bills-receiver-zay-jones-following-bloody-arrest/

During this last off-season it was again highlighted how hard he was working out.  Hard to understand if a guy is dedicated like that but doesn't want anything to do with games.  Something's definitely amiss. 

• Like (+1) 1