Cold Front Report: Claims Zay almost traded before season, and on trade block now

Alphadawg7

3 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

The tweet from Zays mom a month ago was so oddly specific with pictures of Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods on other teams that this would make sense that he was on the block at the end of training camp.

I hope they can get something for him at this point I'm done with him he doesn't bring anything to the table he can't even catch balls cleanly on easy routes.. I'm ready to give Duke a chance

Thats all we are saying. Give Duke a chance

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

Well then don't list him as a reason they wouldn't be interested in a different position.  Therefore if they would trade a WR for Zay and a pick it wouldn't involve Waller. 

Waller IS being used as a WR basically was the point, in addition to the big free agent WR named and the guy they just drafted I also named. 

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Waller IS being used as a WR basically was the point, in addition to the big free agent WR named and the guy they just drafted I also named. 

I understand your point that he catches balls, produces and they wouldn't want to part ways with him.  However their second leading WR after Williams has 89 yards.  They have a need at WR and could be a trade partner. 

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

I understand your point that he catches balls, produces and they wouldn't want to part ways with him.  However their second leading WR after Williams has 89 yards.  They have a need at WR and could be a trade partner. 

89 yards and a TD in every game so far I believe. But hey it’s Gruden stranger things have happened. What would Buffalo want from Oakland? Pretty sure the Bills would want a player in return, not just a pick, unless they’re itching to ship Jones off for practically nothing and roll the dice with Foster (hurt) and Duke (a complete unknown). That wouldn’t be wise in my opinion, shipping out parts for picks on a 3-1 team.

1 minute ago, fansince88 said:

This is interesting.  Had to cut it down to make it so I could download it. 

20191001_180125.jpg

doesn’t take into account uncatchable targets. SIS has Jones at 7/8 “catchable” targets in their adjusted catch% stat. That’s 87%.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

doesn’t take into account uncatchable targets. SIS has Jones at 7/8 “catchable” targets in their adjusted catch% stat. That’s 87%.

Just wondering out loud.  Could it be because he isnt gettin to where he should be? Others have more catchable passes?

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Just wondering out loud.  Could it be because he isnt gettin to where he should be? Others have more catchable passes?

Very well could be. All I know is SIS’ statistics are cited by some of the Cover 1 guys who cover the Bills pretty religiously. I don’t personally know what their methodology is behind that stat but I’ll try to find out. And speaking of cover 1 Aaron Quinn went through every one of Zay’s targets this season today on twitter. Linking from my phone is a pain but its there. The tl;dr of his thread was: people are being psychos about Zay.

1 minute ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Very well could be. All I know is SIS’ statistics are cited by some of the Cover 1 guys who cover the Bills pretty religiously. I don’t personally know what their methodology is behind that stat but I’ll try to find out. And speaking of cover 1 Aaron Quinn went through every one of Zay’s targets this season today on twitter. Linking from my phone is a pain but its there. The tl;dr of his thread was: people are being psychos about Zay.

Some would say the coach is near psycho then. What Im saying is when a deep throw is put up it is thrown to a spot. The receiver needs to be to that spot. Brown is getting there. Knox is getting there. Im saying that Zay is not getting there. Is thst on Zay? 

14 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

89 yards and a TD in every game so far I believe. But hey it’s Gruden stranger things have happened. What would Buffalo want from Oakland? Pretty sure the Bills would want a player in return, not just a pick, unless they’re itching to ship Jones off for practically nothing and roll the dice with Foster (hurt) and Duke (a complete unknown). That wouldn’t be wise in my opinion, shipping out parts for picks on a 3-1 team.

They aren't getting a significant player back for Zay - unless someone is trying to unload a player - then in that case we'll be the ones giving up a pick.  If the report is true, I'd guess they'll take a pick for him.