Cold Front Report: Claims Zay almost traded before season, and on trade block now

Alphadawg7

This came out last week and a mod sent it to me via direct message as well as a handful of other posters.  Didn't see them get posted here, but found this interesting.  One thing that stood out to me is that this seems to coincide around the time that Zay's parents got all crazy on twitter.  Maybe Zay found out through his agent that a deal was close and thats why his parents were upset?  

Honestly I don't know how accurate this story is as I don't follow the Cold Front to know how credible they are.  But it is interesting the timeline fits for when his parents got weird on social media.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

We're going to get nothing for him. Likely going to get cut. I don't see him having any trade value. Too bad because we could use a long rangy WR type. 

Maybe we move him in a deal for AJ Green but even then I don't see a fit unless we give up a decent pick as well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Who the hell would give us something for him?

There are about 8 or 9 posters on this board who should be working the phones for the Bills.  If anyone listens to them, we could probably get 4 first round picks for him.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

Don’t know the source either but I certainly thinks it’s possible. The return? I’d assume he’d be packaged with a draft pick and they’re trying to get a receiver back.

Yeah article says it was us sending Zay and a pick for another WR.  

If true, my guess would have been maybe AJ Green.  If memory serves me, news broke towards the end of preseason that his timeline was going to be a lot longer than they thought.  So maybe they had a deal in place for AJ but the set back on the timeline derailed the deal? 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah article says it was us sending Zay and a pick for another WR.  

If true, my guess would have been maybe AJ Green.  If memory serves me, news broke towards the end of preseason that his timeline was going to be a lot longer than they thought.  So maybe they had a deal in place for AJ but the set back on the timeline derailed the deal? 

yeah green’s the only thing that makes sense.