Van Noy Hit On Barkley

ngbills

7 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

There's an argument that Barkley became a blocker after the pass as he stood between the ball carrier and the defender.  You don't have to face the defender to be a blocker. 

That argument would be false.  QB is a protected position and don't suddenly become a blocker just because they don't have the ball anymore.  They have to then go out of their way to go ACTUALLY BLOCK for someone to become a blocker.

Feel free to look up the actual rules.

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/defenseless-player/

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-video-rulebook/roughing-the-passer/

Take note of the parts about "clearly out of the play" and "when in doubt, call roughing", and then tell me again if you think any ref in the game wouldn't call a penalty on someone clotheslining a QB from behind who is out of the play and not attempting to block.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I didn't get their names, but they were defending Gronkowski for it.

Stop. This is completely made up.  What Bills fan possibly defended the Gronk hit?

Gronk’s play was a total scumbag hit after play.  Jones and Van Noy occurred during game play.  You are taught to hit the qb when you can.  Players have done the Van Noy hit since the beginning of football. I really don’t get the outrage on it. Jerry Hughes has done it. 

4 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

Not one Buffalo player had their QB's back just like none had Tre Whites back when Gronkowski tried to paralyze him.

The team is soft.

Eh, I was a million more times more pissed about the Gronk play and lack of response than last game.  Gronk’s play was one of the worst cheapshots I have ever seen. 

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Stop. This is completely made up.  What Bills fan possibly defended the Gronk hit?

Gronk’s play was a total scumbag hit after play.  Jones and Van Noy occurred during game play.  You are taught to hit the qb when you can.  Players have done the Van Noy hit since the beginning of football. I really don’t get the outrage on it. Jerry Hughes has done it. 

Eh, I was a million more times more pissed about the Gronk play and lack of response than last game.  Gronk’s play was one of the worst cheapshots I have ever seen. 

agreed the Gronk hit was 200% egregious where this was more of a unnecessary 'hit'

the above line of responses was from a comment i made about the twitter responses in OP's embedded tweet; it was a bunch of Pats*** fans crying foul that it was even considered a penalty or pseudo-full dirty hit, let alone an actual penalty.  I shouldn't have been surprised based on what we know of Pats*** fans but i was shocked at the ignorance needless to say.

The "Dirtiness" is my point with the Van Noy hit. That was 100% unnecessary and Van Noy knew it. He saw an opportunity to hurt our QB and was smart enough to know we did not have another one available if he couldn't get up.  If the NFL truly cares about safety that is the type of play you punish a guy on more than the penalty and cheap fine. 

The old NFL it was ok to hit guys whenever you want. But that is not ok in todays NFL and the rules say so. The problem is the NFL does not equally enforce them. Burflict makes that hit on Barkley he gets the suspension he just got. Van Noy does it and its a penalty and lets move on. Gronk was the same thing. Its the intention to be dirty that should be stopped. That is much different than a guy playing hard and roughing someone up during the play. 

Van Noy v Barkley & Gronk v White were Dirty and cowardly plays with no justification. 

Jones v Allen was a part of the game. You can say Jones went high but whatever happened was while two guys were competing. Allen going tough for the first down and Jones trying to stop him.