Van Noy Hit On Barkley

ngbills

Why is there not more discussion on the Van Noy hit on Barkley?

This is with Allen out and knowing Bills dont have another QB. This bothers me more than the Allen hit in that it looks like a direct attempt to injure him. He should have been tossed from the game in my opinion as it is just dirty and on a defenseless player. 

• Like (+1) 11

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

This is with Allen out and knowing Bills dont have another QB. This bothers me more than the Allen hit in that it looks like a direct attempt to injure him. He should have been tossed from the game in my opinion as it is just dirty and on a defenseless player. 

I'm definitely more bothered with the Allen hit

• Like (+1) 1

It’s a testament to who the Pats* are. There is no reason to hit a guy in the back like that. Pathetic. 

Edit: legal or illegal, it’s wrong to hit a guy in the back. There’s a reason that rule exists. For a QB, particularly, it seems inherently scummy. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Meh not that big a deal... Biggest thing i see is Yeldon stutters too long with a fake block allowing the defender to have a better chance recovering. Seems as if Yeldon just blows past him without hesitating it would've been a easy td catch.

11 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It’s a testament to who the Pats* are. There is no reason to hit a guy in the back like that. Pathetic. 

Actually its more of a smart play by van noy. If Barkley was an intended receiver then that kept him from running his route. 

Im always erked by how a defensive player will just let a wr/te/fb cross their face at the los without knocking them on their butt. Seriously if the player makes no attempt to block you then he must have a bigger responsibility (i.e. key block or route) in making the play successful.

Pats are just well coached smh....

Spider yk banana is a prime example. Everytime the defender lets the fb/te fake a block and release in the flat while the defender seems to think he can get to the qb who is 6-8 yards away before the qb throws the very player who ran by him the ball.

Edited by ChattanoogaBills
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Looks like a clean hit within the rules to me. 

5 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

go and look at the responses to the tweet, i'm aware of the scum-sucking POS's Pats*** fans can be but even i was surprised at the comments thinking it was perfectly legal...

this game is about saftey as much as it can be, when is a hit in the back ever acceptable?  they want players to know when they're about to be engaged.

10 minutes ago, ngbills said:

If the guy doesn't think the QB gets protection b/c the pass went backwards, is he going to be ok with QBs getting blown up after every jet sweep or reverse?

2 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Looks like a clean hit within the rules to me. 

on the tweet from LegalZebras - Protections for the passer are because he is in a vulnerable position. A backward pass doesn't nullify the protections, and having long since released the ball, has every expectation that he is out of play

you should probably brush up on the rules.

• Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Say When... said:

go and look at the responses to the tweet, i'm aware of the scum-sucking POS's Pats*** fans can be but even i was surprised at the comments thinking it was perfectly legal...

this game is about saftey as much as it can be, when is a hit in the back ever acceptable?  they want players to know when they're about to be engaged.

These are probably the sane fans that justified Gronkowski's cheap shot on TreDavious White.

Patriots* fans are all *****.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

At that point in the game the pats were legit worried they were going to lose

That is when they need the MOST protection from the refs

Come on John. Do you really believe this?

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Van Noy is annoying as hell. But good for him that he gets to play on the Pats*.

It’s funny because he kinda sucked early on his career.  He’s turned out to be a good player. 

Hughes would have done the same thing.  It’s football. 

23 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the QB is going to get hit out there

what else can we tell you?

Two points:

1. It was cheap 

2. what would happen if it were a Bills defensive player that did that to Brady?  Fine? Suspension? Personal, hysterical call from Goodell?

• Like (+1) 3