Dawson Knox getting some top Rookie love!

cage

Nice to see and well deserved.  Keep moving up...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-rookie-power-rankings-week-5-devin-bush-leads-a-wide-open-rookie-of-the-year-race/

14. Dawson Knox, TE, Buffalo Bills

Stats: 4 games -- 8 receptions for 144 yards and a touchdown; 1 carry for nine yards

Knox cracks the list after trending up each of the past two weeks. He has made some high-difficulty catches, including a body-contorting reception this weekend against the Patriots. He was also part of a Buffalo team that enabled Frank Gore to rush for 109 yards. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep. Nice steal in the 3rd. He's outperforming his draft status.

Hockenson, Fant, and Knox all look good so far.

Stolen from the pats too.  Reports were they were going to take him before the Bills moved back into the 3rd.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

They need to be working him more.....

Lee Smith....really?  

Lee Smith is a good blocker but you are right, he was absolutely brutal against the Pats. 

It’s pretty rare for a TE to be able to contribute as a rookie this early,  both as a receiver and a blocker. After listening to his interview this morning with the Nashville radio station it sounds like he is a real student of the game (probably why McBeane loved him) and that only enhances his physical traits.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There were some who had Knox right up with Hockenson

Or maybe more accurately had Hock down with Knox..... I didn't have a TE with a clear 1st round grade in this draft. I had Hock as a borderline and then I had another 7 graded in the 2nd and 3rd round. 

I thought it was a very, very good TE class and I didn't think Hock was streets ahead of the other guys. Moreau caught a TD for Oakland this week too. He was my TE8. 

You know he’s good when I saw a difficult catch being made Sunday and I immediate told my wife “that has to be Dawson Knox”. Because no one else on the team is capable of going up and making a contested catch. He absolutely needs to be featured more. As others have said, no reason Lee Smith should see the field. I’d have Tommy Sweeney far ahead of him too. There isn’t a place in the modern game for a TE who has absolutely no receiving ability.