New England's Pass Defense - Not an excuse for Josh, but an explanation

32 minutes ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Their defense didn’t cause him to under- and overthrow open receivers by 5 yards. Not the first week he’s done that either. 

I mean, a defenses ability to create confusion does contribute to overall QB play. So they did in a way. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I know the math.  I am not sure when the Gostowski missed the PAT.

If it was on the blocked punt, then that's 6 not on Allen.  Then 10 for a TD and FG off of Allen's turnovers.

If it was on the regular TD and not blocked punt...then it's 7 not on Allen.  Then it was 9 with a TD (missed extra point) and FG on Allen.

Pretty sure he missed the PAT on the first TD end around thing to the guy with the terrible hair

18 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

BB blitzed Allen 45% of his snaps. He wanted him out of the pocket, rolling, cutting the field in half and and trying to make hero throws. And that's exactly what he got. We were at our best running the ball and working out of play action.

And why we didn’t continue to hand it to Gore and do dump off after , screen after swing pass I don’t understand. It’s not the first time this season Daboll has gotten cute or stupid with his play calling?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I mean, a defenses ability to create confusion does contribute to overall QB play. So they did in a way. 

As I said, last week wasn’t the 1st week Allen’s missed like that. In fact, it appears to be becoming a pattern, especially with overthrows on deep balls. So I’m not crediting NE’s defense with much when he’s now done it against multiple opponents. 

26 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

The horrible decisions have to be fixed, no doubt, but being wildly inaccurate is at least partly explainable by going up against a top defense. It’s not like Brady was lighting it up either.

The inaccuracies looked to be more a function of his base and footwork. We’ve seen him throwing off his back foot too many times now. 

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Their defense being good shouldn’t really excuse our QB from being wildly inaccurate and making horrible decisions. 

if he doesn’t learn from these mistakes then we have a problem.

I guess the Bills defense shouldn’t really excuse Brady from being wildly inaccurate (46% completion) and making horrible decisions (Awful decision on the interception). 

I hope he learns from those mistakes

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I guess the Bills defense shouldn’t really excuse Brady from being wildly inaccurate (46% completion) and making horrible decisions (Awful decision on the interception). 

I hope he learns from those mistakes

Throwing into double coverage off your back foot is on the QB. Missing a wide open Cole Beasley on a 5 yard out is on the QB. 

Allen left a lot of plays out on the field on Sunday that had more to do with his decision making and fundamentals than the Pats defense. 

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Throwing into double coverage off your back foot is on the QB. Missing a wide open Cole Beasley on a 5 yard out is on the QB. 

Allen left a lot of plays out on the field on Sunday that had more to do with his decision making and fundamentals than the Pats defense. 

Sorry, you can't have it both ways. At least be consistent. Allen's play was a combination of his own mistakes and the Pats* defense.

So the defense was mostly responsible for making a HOFer look awful; however, the defense had nothing to do with a kid in his 15th NFL game look bad?

Nonsensical

Edited by billsfan1959

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Sorry, you can't have it both ways.

What are you referring to?

At least be consistent.

With what?

Allen's play was a combination of his own mistakes and the Pats* defense.

When did I say it wasn’t? Throwing the ball away or into the ground because nobody is open is a credit to the defense. 

Holding the ball too long, throwing into double coverage and missing open receivers is on the QB. Should going up against a good defense excuse you from making the above mistakes? I don’t think so.

11 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Pats defense is really good. Allen also had a really bad day. Hopefully he learns and grows from that game. That’s what really matters. 

Amen Scott.  

I'm not panicking (yet), or getting too worried (yet).  

He has shown signs of learning.    

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

What are you referring to?

With what?

When did I say it wasn’t? Throwing the ball away or into the ground because nobody is open is a credit to the defense. 

Holding the ball too long, throwing into double coverage and missing open receivers is on the QB. Should going up against a good defense excuse you from making the above mistakes? I don’t think so.

Your rants against Allen are becoming ridiculously biased and indefensible. Repeating them over and over and over and over...doesn't make them any more accurate.

But, hey, carry on

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Big Ben - 27-47 1 Int, 3 total points

Miami - 18-39, 4 Ints  Shutout

NYJ - 12-22, 98 yards, 1 int, 0 points.....

Allen made bad mistakes, threw some terrible passes too and looked like little separation and we know Zay can't adjust or fight for a ball (i.e. two ints).

Maybe their defense is pretty good?

Darnolds is going to be great according to your stat since he completed 70% of this throw and had 1TD and zero INT even though he was harassed by the Bills' defense the entire game, many times an edge rusher came unblocked and he was able to get rid of the ball and not make any mistakes.

Edited by Veneno