It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark out, and we're wearing sunglasses

8 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

But why Dayton?  I briefly lived in Dayton 45+ years ago. I can’t think of any reason to go there other than to visit the Air Force Museum, which is awesome. 

It was such an awful movie, it’s on YouTube for free. 

Brag: My nephew, an USAF Academy grad in 1LT, is finishing up his PhD in mechanical engineering at Wright-Patterson. We’re all pretty proud.

But I’m still not going to Dayton.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HopsGuy said:

Brag: My nephew, an USAF Academy grad in 1LT, is finishing up his PhD in mechanical engineering at Wright-Patterson. We’re all pretty proud.

But I’m still not going to Dayton.

The kid was 9 years old. I think Dayton might sound like a good place to go, when you are from Tipp City.

Maybe he had a broad there.  :rolleyes:

Edited by The Dean

39 minutes ago, HopsGuy said:

See if the W-P AFB Museum will let him take the XF-85 out for a spin.  ?  (To see it is to laugh.)

The Columbus OH morning news report said

• he borrowed gma's car keys and phone to listen to music from the gma's phone in the car
  • he overrode the breathalizer switch on the car to get it started

Why couldn't he listen to the music via ear buds or headphones?

What kind of music does gma have on here phone?

Why does gma have a breathalizer switch on the car?

Just asking.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBud said:

The Columbus OH morning news report said

• he borrowed gma's car keys and phone to listen to music from the gma's phone in the car
  • he overrode the breathalizer switch on the car to get it started

Why couldn't he listen to the music via ear buds or headphones?

What kind of music does gma have on here phone?

Why does gma have a breathalizer switch on the car?

Just asking.

I think the answer to your last question is obvious: A grandmother with a drinking problem. Not all grammas are 70 year old church ladies.

My questions are: How does a 9-year old "override" an ignition breathalyzer?  And, if a 9-year old can  override it, how good is it to begin with? 

Which raises another question.  Assuming the boy wasn't drinking why override it? Just blow! But perhaps assuming he hadn't been drinking is a bad assumption. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

I think the answer to your last question is obvious: A grandmother with a drinking problem. Not all grammas are 70 year old church ladies.

My questions are: How does a 9-year old "override" an ignition breathalyzer?  And, if a 9-year old can  override it, how good is it to begin with? 

Which raises another question.  Assuming the boy wasn't drinking why override it? Just blow! But perhaps assuming he hadn't been drinking is a bad assumption. 

I assumed "overriding" it meant that he simply breathed into it.

11 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I assumed "overriding" it meant that he simply breathed into it.

Very well could be.

A buddy of mine had one installed (but died before he could use it). He told me not only did he need to blow into it to start the vehicle, apparently in order to continue driving he was told he would have to blow into it every X minutes (I think he said 15 or 20 minutes). Pretty clever kid. Must watched drunk Grandma do it on multiple occasions.