Trent Edwards relived

Chicharito

7 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Spare me all of your "he played the best game of his career coming off his concussion."

He had weeks to prepare coming off a bye, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder takes up to a month, sometimes years to manifest. 

Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event, but sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.

Edwards was NEVER the same after getting stretched out. 

I agree.  Something happened that made it appear he didn't want to play anymore.

2 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

Spare me all of your "he played the best game of his career coming off his concussion."

He had weeks to prepare coming off a bye, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder takes up to a month, sometimes years to manifest. 

Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event, but sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.

Edwards was NEVER the same after getting stretched out. 

There are at least two...no three examples of Allen coming back fighting after an injury. His first start in college he broke his collar bone and was out for the year then when he came back he played so well that the no offer Wyoming QB was being talked about as a 1st round draft pick. In his last year at UW he had a shoulder sprain lasting two games then came back for the bowl game and had a great performance. Then last year he got injured for a while and started to light things up towards the end of the year. There is no record of Allen coming back from injury shell shocked there is plenty of history of him coming back motivated.

2 minutes ago, Stallions said:

I agree.  Something happened that made it appear he didn't want to play anymore.

Pure speculation.

This has been covered here 50 times.  Go watch the first half of the MNF game against the Browns.  After tossing all those INTs he pledged to Dick Jauron that he would never to attempt a pass beyond 10 yards again.  And he never did. 

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Pure speculation.

This has been covered here 50 times.  Go watch the first half of the MNF game against the Browns.  After tossing all those INTs he pledged to Dick Jauron that he would never to attempt a pass beyond 10 yards again.  And he never did. 

Pure speculation as in Josh Allen has the mindset to be a decent NFL QB?  

WHHHHHHYYYYYY does there need to be TWO threads comparing Allen to Trent Edwards?  Someone please make this week stop.

Trent was NOT good BEFORE the AZ game and was not good after.  The fall off is a myth his most staunch supporters hid behind rather than admit they were wrong about him.  He scored 1 TD per game in the over exaggerated 4-0 start against the bottom feeders of the NFL that year...MVP candidate hahahaha what a joke.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

WHHHHHHYYYYYY does there need to be TWO threads comparing Allen to Trent Edwards?  Someone please make this week stop.

Trent was NOT good BEFORE the AZ game and was not good after.  The fall off is a myth his most staunch supporters hid behind rather than admit they were wrong about him.  He scored 1 TD per game in the over exaggerated 4-0 start against the bottom feeders of the NFL that year...MVP candidate hahahaha what a joke.  

Who has Allen beat in his 3-0 start? 

What did Allen do against a team with a winning record??   

CHOKE

16 hours ago, Say When... said:

I went to that game, rode my motorcycle from LA to Phoenix, it was like 130 degrees (thats high desert between them cities!).

i remember walking into the stadium with pride, tons of Bills fans all around, got to our seats and it was like the second play? wham! TE down and we get pummeled.

if any of you have been to that stadium, there's a city walk like setup right across the street, bars, restaurants and shops and they were open all night, so adding insult to injury I got absolutely hammered; shots were in the mix and i'm a beer only guy.  I tried to hook my buddy up with this chick (they eventually got together) while dragging her around trying to find him a bouncer intervened, I punched him out, got thrown out of the bar (3 guys literally threw me, my head scraped on the pavement; i deserved it tho) and woke up on the hotel floor with my shirt pulled over my head.  my buddy said he needed the hotel staff to help get me to the room.

the last of my misery?  i had to ride home, hungover as heck, 7 hours in 130 degrees, in the desert and i didnt have a windshield yet (i was too young and cool for that back then).

when i came to my senses a couple of days later i contacted the bar to apologize and pay for my tab that i never closed, they just charged me $75 as they couldn't find it.

F that game, seriously, F it.

anyway - I'm confident JA is not TE in any regard, dumb decisions, yes, but he's fearless and that's already 1000x NOT TE, he'll get it turned around, he's got too many people pulling for him.

This is epic.  It’s right up there with the shark-fishing SEALS in the IBS

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Fitzpatrick was an MVP candidate at one point too early in a season....a couple times

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Sitting here thinking about when Trent Edwards got crushed in Arizona years back and how it basically ruined the kid. We all know Josh has the skill set to be the leader of this team . I just hope this hit doesn’t scare the game out of him like it did to Trent.

Great idea Chico. I always start new threads when there are already 12 other serviceable ones for my rehashed ideas.

23 hours ago, Chicharito said:

Sitting here thinking about when Trent Edwards got crushed in Arizona years back and how it basically ruined the kid. We all know Josh has the skill set to be the leader of this team . I just hope this hit doesn’t scare the game out of him like it did to Trent.

I hope it scares a little bit of the game out of him.  See the thread about Brady's post game comment for more details.

Playing like he has been, this was inevitable.  He has to learn there is a time and place for how he runs, and a time and a place for a throwaway/slide.

23 hours ago, Chicharito said:

He's not Edwards relived.

Josh has got "it" Trent never had anything!

On 10/1/2019 at 10:06 AM, njbuff said:

Allen had a bad game for sure against NE, but his coaches didn’t help him either as the constant empty backfield was maddening. That made it so easy for BB to blitz the heck out of a young QB, with little resistance.

Yes, the empty backfield was a recipe BB feasted on.  Whoever called for that is not a very good cook - or coach.