Trent Edwards relived

Chicharito

I always thought this narrative was complete NONSENSE. People seem to conveniently forget that Edwards played one of his "best" games the very next week(maybe there was a bye) after the hit in AZ. He had thrown exactly 3 TD's through 3 games BEFORE the "career altering" hit. He just wasn't any good and the team was eventually exposed as a fraud. People eat this stuff up with a spoon, but it's really just malarkey.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

JESUS...

I can grasp a couple of super homer and super negative Allen threads, but post BBMB, the multiple mirror threads have gotten absurd the last few years. 

Its a message board, we will keep calling

eachother names, such is message board life,  but this thread in particular really grinds my gears. 

Mods- can we close or merge please.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I always thought this narrative was complete NONSENSE. People seem to conveniently forget that Edwards played one of his "best" games the very next week(maybe there was a bye) after the hit in AZ. He had thrown exactly 3 TD's through 3 games BEFORE the "career altering" hit. He just wasn't any good and the team was eventually exposed as a fraud. People eat this stuff up with a spoon, but it's really just malarkey.

He had 2 100+ passer rating days before the injury and 4 after. 2008 was his best year by ANY/A and the injury happened very early on in the season (week 5?).

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

He had 2 100+ passer rating days before the injury and 4 after. 2008 was his best year by ANY/A and the injury happened very early on in the season (week 5?).

It was week 4. The fact that he bounced back against San Diego immediately after the injury tells me all I need to know. People act like he was some rising star before the hit when in reality, he was a middling guy and that's all he would ever be. 

Troy Aikman had 37 concussions.   Steve Young had a baker's dozen his first year as a pro.  Why does one concussion make Allen just like Edwards and not like every other QB to ever to take a traumatic head injury (which is all of them)?  There's a tiny chance this is Allen's first concussion.

If Allen starts jabbering on about Dakota Fanning and moves in with his sister then we can worry. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

It was week 4. The fact that he bounced back against San Diego immediately after the injury tells me all I need to know. People act like he was some rising star before the hit when in reality, he was a middling guy and that's all he would ever be. 

It was week 5. We were 4-0 on the year going into that game and Trent was an early favorite for the Pro Bowl before the hit. Yea, he bounced back the next game (Week 7), btu he was never the same player again.

7 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It was week 5. We were 4-0 on the year going into that game and Trent was an early favorite for the Pro Bowl before the hit. Yea, he bounced back the next game (Week 7), btu he was never the same player again.

The BILLS were 4-0. The collective record of the teams they beat to get to 4-0 was an ASTOUNDING 16-48! Dude was averaging 1 TD per game in those victories. That 4-0 start was fool's gold and largely responsible for this false narrative. He just wasn't any good, but everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion.

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

U guys remember when Rob Johnson got hurt back in 2001? Hope Allen recovers ok...... ?

I membah. Well played.

37 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

You nailed it. He was never good enough. He wasn't that good in college.  Really only became a name because Bill Walsh supposedly recommended him.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

Spare me all of your "he played the best game of his career coming off his concussion."

He had weeks to prepare coming off a bye, and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder takes up to a month, sometimes years to manifest. 

Post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms may start within one month of a traumatic event, but sometimes symptoms may not appear until years after the event.

Edwards was NEVER the same after getting stretched out.