Jim Kubiak Analysis of Allen against Pats

Casey D

Coming into this game, Allen had almost as many INTs as games played and almost as many fumbles as games played.

This isn't just a Patriots game issue. The Pats are a phenomenal defense, but to act like this is a outlier game is incorrect.

End of the day, no I dont want Edwards 2.0 or Tyrod 2.0, but the turnovers and inability to make the correct reads or be accurate is concerning over this period of starts.

I'm not worried. Allen just has too many good traits. He's very intelligent, so eventually he will react properly to pre and post snap reads and make better, quicker decisions, and fewer bad ones. His intangibles are at 100%, he burns with competitive fire and has great leadership ability. Lastly, his physical ability is completely off the charts, making him a genuine dual threat QB. He remains a fantastic prospect with a bright future.

I also subscribe to the view that if not taken out he could quite possibly have led the team to victory. He's been terrible and very good in streaks all in the same game.

I think the Pats are going to have lots of problems whenever they face a good D. Seeing Brady make such a poor decision and throw such a bad pass that Hyde picked in the end zone when he had Gordon set up perfectly on the opposite corner fade right after the snap was a bit of an eye opener for me.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Casey D said:

Yep.  I've been a litigator for over 25 years, and while winning is great, losing is terrible and the feeling stays with you much longer.  The best thing about winning is avoiding the pain of losing.

I can handle losing as long as we compete which we did Sunday.  I can't handle cheap shots or paid off refs. The whole NE organization is a disgrace to competitive sports.

11 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I can handle losing as long as we compete which we did Sunday.  I can't handle cheap shots or paid off refs. The whole NE organization is a disgrace to competitive sports.

Could not agree more.