Our Beloved Bills and the State of the AFC - Week Four

LeGOATski

24 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Yeah, it was frustrating. The Jets, Giants, Bengals all got pressure on Allen, but he was able to stand in the pocket and deliver. As soon as the Pats got pressure, Allen was scrambling backwards and throwing off his back foot. As another thread pointed out, his footwork was terrible from the get-go. 

He may have just been too amped up. Playing the champions adds an extra bit of intensity that's harder to control, especially for younger players.

I'm hoping that's what it comes down to ultimately - but equally hopeful he goes out there and just simply plays a composed game in week 16.

Funny enough, the one thing that stuck with me from that opening drive was the free blitzer off the right side of the line where Allen literally stood still, gave a quick pump fake to get him to jump, and just calmly moved around him. Just not sure how that managed to fit into a whole day of back foot madness...albeit, I know a good amount of that drive was likely scripted beforehand, but it was a completely different Allen.