Cut or Keep in 2020?

Stallions

11 hours ago, Bangarang said:

And I have no idea why Lee Smith gets so many snaps. He’s useless in the passing game and Knox is a good blocker in his own right.

I get why Smith plays, but in the first half, they kept splitting DiMarco wide. I mean like it happened on at least 50% of the plays.

And say what you want about that helps Josh read the D, I could not understand why they didn't use Yeldon in that role (and eventually they did) since he's an actual threat. 

12 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Then there are players we signed to 1 year contracts.

Frank Gore

TJ Yeldon

Quinton Spain

Jordan Phillips

Lorenzo Alexander

Should we re-sign any of them?

Sorry if I didn't list all of the players. This was all I could remember.

Was Andre Roberts a 1 year signing?

The Bills should give serious thought to re-signing Spain and Jordan Phillips.  Gore and Alexander are iffy solely because of age - not their current level of production.  TJ Yeldon is also iffy.  He's certainly versatile, but is not showing any sign of being a difference maker.  It depends on what the Bills do at RB.  I don't expect both Gore and Yeldon to be back because I think the Bills will draft another running back next year, someone who can be a difference maker.  

15 hours ago, Stallions said:

1.       Trent Murphy with 3 assisted tackles in 4 games.  In 2020 his Dead Cap hit will be $1,750,000.  GONE

2.       Lee Smith signed a 3 year $9M contract this year.  In 2020 his Dead Cap hit will be $1M. GONE

3.       Shaq Lawson is a UFA for 2020.  SIGN HIM

S-    Star Lotulelei signed a 5 YEAR $50m contract. His Dead Cap is $19M this year but drops to $8M in 2020.   KEEP HIM UNTIL 2021

Agree with the above except with a caveat on Shaq. Shaq Lawson was invisible last game. Anything more than a $4MM hit and he can walk also. He will never be anything more than rotational. We will draft a DE in the first 2 rounds next year.KC has no Cap room next year and 2 DEs coming out as FAs so I plan on us making a play for one to improve our rush and weaken them at the same time.

The good thing is the Bills have very few contracts that are big ticket out there that have any length. The worst one is Star's and that was a gross over payment.

Our defense has been pretty great. Id like to see more pressure from the ends and figure that will be a target for us next offseason. Lawson and Murphy are good rotation ends but would be nice to have someone with more impact. Good thing with them is you can keep the line fresh without having much drop off in play. Give me a stud pass rusher if possible. 

15 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Then there are players we signed to 1 year contracts.

Frank Gore

TJ Yeldon

Quinton Spain

Jordan Phillips

Lorenzo Alexander

Should we re-sign any of them?

Sorry if I didn't list all of the players. This was all I could remember.

Was Andre Roberts a 1 year signing?

Spain and Phillips definitely.  Alexander if he wants to come back as long as he continues to play at a high level.  I love Frank Gore but I think we could find an upgrade to pair with Singletary as Gore will be 37 next year.  Yeldon's useless.