Once again Belichick shows why he’s the GOAT.

Tipster19

10 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

He cheated his way to his first two Super Bowls, and had two given to him by stupid coaches for Seattle and Atlanta.  We don't know how many other times he cheated and didn't get caught.  On Sunday, they used the pick play and deliberately knocked out JA to win the game.  That's cheating as well, the NFL just doesn't call them on it.  I'm sick and tired of watching these guys get away with murder.  Their "dynasty" is a farce, enabled by an NFL that looks the other way and keeps giving them call after call.  Sunday was the last straw for me.  

Snot bubbles! 

10 hours ago, Bob in STL said:

Belichick has been there for 20 years.  Most of his staff has been there a long time.  His details and discipline are entrenched.    Because of longevity and consistency  his teams practice fine details and situations that other coaches don’t have time to do.  

The Pats* even practice their rule stretching pick plays, their holding without getting called, and how to draw holding.  

He saw we have a rookie ST coach and he went after him.   He will probably do it again.  

Come on, he cheats!

10 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah considering we held their offense to 9 points but they still won the game, I agree it came down to that play.

The announcers completely missed everything so nobody realized it until after the game when the move was explained.   It was super ballsy because we would not just have converted, it would have been a huge gain for us and a massive momentum shift at home.

The frustrating thing is that McD is always preaching fundamentals, and yet this was a high school level play at the most basic level.   You have your special teams coach watching, you have your assistant coaches watching, you have your gunner himself watching his coverage man slide off him and head over to edge rush, you have spotters upstairs on the headsets watching, you have the head coach watching, you have the veteran DiMarco realizing he's now got to block two people which he can't obviously do.

And yet there was no timeout, there was no reaction by the gunner, the punter never acknowledged the move, DiMarco could have called TO or even intentionally moved presnap and taken the 5 yards.   

In high school your "Punt Protectors" are supposed to react to any line changes and make adjustment calls for the ends and wings.  They can even motion a gunner to follow his man inside.  There's plenty of time on the clock, the ball isn't snapped until the protectors call for it.   If there's any doubt you take the delay and re-set.

But our team just let it happen and nobody was coached properly or aware enough to counter this bold but simple move.   

McD got the job as a head coach because he's a great person and a great leader, but he definitely has some loose ends as a game technician at this point in his career.

If that play cost us the game, it could have cost us a home playoff game down the road.   That's probably a stretch, it's a long season, but....  gotta tip your hat to the smug shrew for that call.   He knew his offense was going to struggle.  Dude has some cajones.

Excellent post, thank you.

I have one question, does Dimarco have 'authority " to cal timorous, does Bojo. DiMarco knew he was screwed, watch him on that play trying to block 2 guys, he  sticks out he left hand didnt even touch the rusher.

Say... any of you gents remember Moorman's first year here? There was a similar situation where the gunner was left completely uncovered and Moorman totally tipped his hand (they even had a unique close up angle of his face before the snap and his eyes were about to pop out of his head)... needless to say the whole thing ended up blowing up, per YE OLE's memory.

All of that to say, that uncovered gunner throw to the sideline isn't always a gimme and YE OLE doesn't really want to see BOJO attempting such a feat, especially after seeing his handiwork on the impromptu fake FG against the TItans last year. But, if that protection was right, we probably win that game. Even another 21 yard BOJO SPECIAL would've been better than an automatic 7 the other way.

He is a mastermind I’ll give him that but I do think he’s a sick individual.  Far more so than Brady

He scouted Josh out all week most likely and realized he’s the kind of kid who tries do to much.  I mean yes part of his job but I have no doubt he had it in his game plan to take a shot on Josh like that if it becomes available 

15 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

There’s bad coaches  and there’s good coaches and every once in awhile there is thee coach. Enter Bill Belichick. Like many here I fully expected Belichick to take away the Bills’ strengths and for the most part he wasn’t able to do that but he found a flaw and exposed it. The ST play where they blocked the punt and scored off of it was just enough to make a difference in this game. He found a weakness/flaw and exploited it. Our rookie ST coach wasn’t prepared and it showed the difference between the grasshopper and the grandmaster. Time out should have been called but it wasn’t and the Patriots made the Bills pay the price. Somewhere I read that if the tables were turned the Patriots’ punter is instructed to throw the ball to the open receiver for an easy 1st down and in some cases maybe even be able to score. Like I said, there’s good coaches and then there’s a coach or 2 that out thinks the rest. Like it or not Belichick is probably the greatest coach of all time and unfortunately for us he’s in our division.

Our Center blew the snap. Plain and simple. 

12 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Excellent post, thank you.

I have one question, does Dimarco have 'authority " to cal timorous, does Bojo. DiMarco knew he was screwed, watch him on that play trying to block 2 guys, he  sticks out he left hand didnt even touch the rusher.

Yeah any active player on the field or McD can call time out, although depending on field position a smart move is to just jump pre snap or call the center to hold the snap for the 5 yd delay penalty.   You essentially trade 5 yds instead burning a timeout.  

Honestly guys its really embarrassing that our special teams coach, veteran DiMarco and our HC all failed to kill that punt pre snap.   We could be 4-0

• Like (+1) 1

A 16-10 game where the losing team had a zillion turnovers. Yes the blocked punt was good coaching and targeting Tre White on his first play back was nice - but I doubt if this game tape will ever be used to showcase how great Belichik is. If anything, our halftime adjustments were better than the Pats'. Also, I think his comments that he would not coach Jones any differently w.r.t to the Allen hit were in extremely poor taste.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 10:19 PM, Meatloaf63 said:

And then there are coaches who get referees who call phantom holding calls against the team he is playing against, ignore his own teams holding and look the other way during intentional grounding, pass interference  calls. If he’s the goat of anything it’s creating a culture that the officiating thinks it has to help his team remain on top.

I have no love for any NE teams.  But all the crying like this is as obnoxious as perpetually losing to those ass clowns.

Image result for whambulance

Really, rotten luck for us Bills fans.  Best coach and QB.  BB has made it so that the Bills or any team has to be near perfect just to have a chance.

It’s pretty tiring.  I’m getting old - the Bills are a very good team this year and deserve better than to just hope for a WC this early in the season.  Most other divisions, we’d be the top contender right now.