Once again Belichick shows why he’s the GOAT.

Tipster19

There’s bad coaches  and there’s good coaches and every once in awhile there is thee coach. Enter Bill Belichick. Like many here I fully expected Belichick to take away the Bills’ strengths and for the most part he wasn’t able to do that but he found a flaw and exposed it. The ST play where they blocked the punt and scored off of it was just enough to make a difference in this game. He found a weakness/flaw and exploited it. Our rookie ST coach wasn’t prepared and it showed the difference between the grasshopper and the grandmaster. Time out should have been called but it wasn’t and the Patriots made the Bills pay the price. Somewhere I read that if the tables were turned the Patriots’ punter is instructed to throw the ball to the open receiver for an easy 1st down and in some cases maybe even be able to score. Like I said, there’s good coaches and then there’s a coach or 2 that out thinks the rest. Like it or not Belichick is probably the greatest coach of all time and unfortunately for us he’s in our division.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

There’s bad coaches  and there’s good coaches and every once in awhile there is thee coach. Enter Bill Belichick. Like many here I fully expected Belichick to take away the Bills’ strengths and for the most part he wasn’t able to do that but he found a flaw and exposed it. The ST play where they blocked the punt and scored off of it was just enough to make a difference in this game. He found a weakness/flaw and exploited it. Our rookie ST coach wasn’t prepared and it showed the difference between the grasshopper and the grandmaster. Time out should have been called but it wasn’t and the Patriots made the Bills pay the price. Somewhere I read that if the tables were turned the Patriots’ punter is instructed to throw the ball to the open receiver for an easy 1st down and in some cases maybe even be able to score. Like I said, there’s good coaches and then there’s a coach or 2 that out thinks the rest. Like it or not Belichick is probably the greatest coach of all time and unfortunately for us he’s in our division.

And then there are coaches who get referees who call phantom holding calls against the team he is playing against, ignore his own teams holding and look the other way during intentional grounding, pass interference  calls. If he’s the goat of anything it’s creating a culture that the officiating thinks it has to help his team remain on top.

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Because this always works out.  Do you even watch football?

• Haha (+1) 2

Hoodie did what he always does......

He let the other team beat itself. 

What sucked was watching Daboll not coach up JA to hit a hot read or dump off on a single one of the million blitzes he seemed to face in the first half.

I used to think the saying, “ A punt is a good play” was the stupidest thing ever. Now I get it.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, Tipster19 said:

Belichick has been there for 20 years.  Most of his staff has been there a long time.  His details and discipline are entrenched.    Because of longevity and consistency  his teams practice fine details and situations that other coaches don’t have time to do.  

The Pats* even practice their rule stretching pick plays, their holding without getting called, and how to draw holding.  

He saw we have a rookie ST coach and he went after him.   He will probably do it again.  

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

No disrespect to you; however, I'm tired of hearing about Belichick and the Patriots...

None taken but they do stand directly in our path for success. I’m only mentioning it because we just played them, and lost again. Otherwise I’m just concerned with whoever is currently on our agenda.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah considering we held their offense to 9 points but they still won the game, I agree it came down to that play.

The announcers completely missed everything so nobody realized it until after the game when the move was explained.   It was super ballsy because we would not just have converted, it would have been a huge gain for us and a massive momentum shift at home.

The frustrating thing is that McD is always preaching fundamentals, and yet this was a high school level play at the most basic level.   You have your special teams coach watching, you have your assistant coaches watching, you have your gunner himself watching his coverage man slide off him and head over to edge rush, you have spotters upstairs on the headsets watching, you have the head coach watching, you have the veteran DiMarco realizing he's now got to block two people which he can't obviously do.

And yet there was no timeout, there was no reaction by the gunner, the punter never acknowledged the move, DiMarco could have called TO or even intentionally moved presnap and taken the 5 yards.   

In high school your "Punt Protectors" are supposed to react to any line changes and make adjustment calls for the ends and wings.  They can even motion a gunner to follow his man inside.  There's plenty of time on the clock, the ball isn't snapped until the protectors call for it.   If there's any doubt you take the delay and re-set.

But our team just let it happen and nobody was coached properly or aware enough to counter this bold but simple move.   

McD got the job as a head coach because he's a great person and a great leader, but he definitely has some loose ends as a game technician at this point in his career.

If that play cost us the game, it could have cost us a home playoff game down the road.   That's probably a stretch, it's a long season, but....  gotta tip your hat to the smug shrew for that call.   He knew his offense was going to struggle.  Dude has some cajones.

Edited by Da webster guy
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Tipster19 said:

He would’ve been sacked.  He had zero time.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Then this board isn’t the place for you because people here are obsessed with them and continually make posts about them.  

Ehhh, actually this board isn’t the place for those people. ( I use the term loosely). This is a Bills board, and they can go hang on the Pats boards if they want to discuss things related to them. 

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Yeah considering we held their offense to 9 points but they still won the game, I agree it came down to that play.

The announcers completely missed everything so nobody realized it until after the game when the move was explained.   It was super ballsy because we would not just have converted, it would have been a huge gain for us and a massive momentum shift at home.

The frustrating thing is that McD is always preaching fundamentals, and yet this was a high school level play at the most basic level.   You have your special teams coach watching, you have your assistant coaches watching, you have your gunner himself watching his coverage man slide off him and head over to edge rush, you have spotters upstairs on the headsets watching, you have the head coach watching, you have the veteran DiMarco realizing he's now got to block two people which he can't obviously do.

And yet there was no timeout, there was no reaction by the gunner, the punter never acknowledged the move, DiMarco could have called TO or even intentionally moved presnap and taken the 5 yards.   

In high school your "Punt Protectors" are supposed to react to any line changes and make adjustment calls for the ends and wings.  They can even motion a gunner to follow his man inside.  There's plenty of time on the clock, the ball isn't snapped until the protectors call for it.   If there's any doubt you take the delay and re-set.

But our team just let it happen and nobody was coached properly or aware enough to counter this bold but simple move.   

McD got the job as a head coach because he's a great person and a great leader, but he definitely has some loose ends as a game technician at this point in his career.

If that play cost us the game, it could have cost us a home playoff game down the road.   That's probably a stretch, it's a long season, but....  gotta tip your hat to the smug shrew for that call.   He knew his offense was going to struggle.  Dude has some cajones.

Good analysis and you are right. There is always that bit of debate that goes on over the headsets and sometimes there just is not enough time.

I actually think our ST have been better this year and am willing to let this guy grow into his role, but some do not see it that way. Either way, it will be another teaching moment for a pretty young team.

8 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

No disrespect to you; however, I'm tired of hearing about Belichick and the Patriots...

Then don’t listen to Coach Weiss on NFLR in the mornings.  He makes me sick with the Tommy Boy references, and so on.  As far as the game, yes our ST coaching could be much better coached, and they almost made it to the punter another time, so the protection is not there, but why we had the punt blocked, was a terrible snap from the long snapper.  It almost hit the ground before he tried to kick it.  I’m not saying I like our punter as I think he sucks, but that blocked punt wasn’t his fault.

• Like (+1) 1

Oh come on, he has only been on top for twenty years by cheating!! Coaching, drafting, QB play, scouting, film study has nothing to do with it!

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Belichick is a cheatin' piece of crap.  The only reason he wins now is that the NFL is invested in maintaining the myth of the Cheats "dynasty".  ***** Belichick and the horse he rode in on.

Deep post, great insight, so glad you are on TBD!

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

Oh come on, he has only been on top for twenty years by cheating!! Coaching, drafting, QB play, scouting, film study has nothing to do with it!

Deep post, great insight, so glad you are on TBD!

He cheated his way to his first two Super Bowls, and had two given to him by stupid coaches for Seattle and Atlanta.  We don't know how many other times he cheated and didn't get caught.  On Sunday, they used the pick play and deliberately knocked out JA to win the game.  That's cheating as well, the NFL just doesn't call them on it.  I'm sick and tired of watching these guys get away with murder.  Their "dynasty" is a farce, enabled by an NFL that looks the other way and keeps giving them call after call.  Sunday was the last straw for me.  

10 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Brian moorman used to do it all the time. Does that make the coaches he played under geniuses or GOATS as well?