Game Day Experience: Week 4 (Pats* at Bills)

Gugny

4 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You’re going to a place with 60,000 plus people expected to be as loud at they possibly can be and you’re mad it happened. Lol.

There's a discernible difference between being loud and being an obnoxious lout. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

There's a discernible difference between being loud and being an obnoxious lout. 

Where is the line drawn? The team wants the fans to be loud. They ask the fans to be as loud as possible. Who decides what’s crossing the line? They paid for their seats just like he did. What makes his opinion matter more than someone else’s? 

Did he just come out from a bomb shelter he’s been in since the 60s? You know going to a game what the atmosphere is going to be like especially a pats* game.  

By the post the guy wasn’t doing anything other than being loud until he complained about it. Then he got belligerent. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

one drunk can ruin an entire game.  we all know the difference between loud and obnoxious.  if you can do it, it's always worth upgrading your seats.  i go to very few games at this point, (last year i didn't even make it to one which was the first time in many seasons).  we just sit in the clubs now.  we sit outside and still have the game day environment, but now have a full bar for 4 quarters, clean and easy to access bathroom, and i don't think i've ever seen anyone out of control in the clubs.  the cost is the issue, but for as little as i go now, it's always well worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Where is the line drawn? The team wants the fans to be loud. They ask the fans to be as loud as possible. Who decides what’s crossing the line? They paid for their seats just like he did. What makes his opinion matter more than someone else’s? 

Did he just come out from a bomb shelter he’s been in since the 60s? You know going to a game what the atmosphere is going to be like especially a pats* game.  

By the post the guy wasn’t doing anything other than being loud until he complained about it. Then he got belligerent. 

Suggest you go back and read the original post.  

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

You’re going to a place with 60,000 plus people expected to be as loud at they possibly can be and you’re mad it happened. Lol.

Your comprehension skills need honing.

2 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Edit:  They need more than honing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Hey @Gugny send me your section and row and seat number, i will make sure it gets to the appropriate people responsible for game day experience. PM me..seat number important so they will no which vomitorium you most likely used to report incident and they will know which officer.

3 hours ago, Gordio said:

I should state, this is not feasible for everybody as I do live 15 minutes away from the stadium.  

Only if you go the right way home, and you go the wrong way?

3 hours ago, Ned Flanders said:

I'm in my 60s now (dang!) and have zero tolerance for this crap.  Would never go to a Patriots game, and even though this was a Bills brother, it's just as troublesome.

Nobody enjoys liquid refreshments before and during the game more than me, but all it takes is one a-hole, whoever they're rooting for, to ruin the entire afternoon.

Sorry you and your son had to experience this.  I echo the others, make sure you send an email outlining the scenario to the Bills...they need to hear this, especially since "security" was less than accommodating.  

It’s a sign we’re getting old. Seen and done that.

19 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hey @Gugny send me your section and row and seat number, i will make sure it gets to the appropriate people responsible for game day experience. PM me..seat number important so they will no which vomitorium you most likely used to report incident and they will know which officer.

Done.  Thanks, Plenz.

58 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Only if you go the right way home, and you go the wrong way?

Haha, very true, my wife was driving so she is a lot better at directions then I am.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

You’ll never prevent this from happening, but when it’s reported you should be able to expect that it would be taken seriously. THAT is the part that disappoints me the most.

i had to use security this game, two dudes trying to sit/stand in one seat, and it was annoying as hell.

But in a sign that age 57 i may finally be maturing, asked him once to get to a different seat or whatever, just please move from here, ..and he ignored his elder. As recently as last year, I would have went back at him again with some forceful language, this time took a small walk up some steps, pointed him out to security, he was removed immediately...and i got to laugh at him as he left!

To security's credit, they did respond instantly

49 minutes ago, Augie said:

You’ll never prevent this from happening, but when it’s reported you should be able to expect that it would be taken seriously. THAT is the part that disappoints me the most.

It should be hard to prevent if they followed the rules they were going to put in place and not permit intoxicated people into the stadium, and the stadium should be refusing to serve anyone inside that appears to be intoxicated

17 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

It should be hard to prevent if they followed the rules they were going to put in place and not permit intoxicated people into the stadium, and the stadium should be refusing to serve anyone inside that appears to be intoxicated

When they changed to rules about what could be brought into the stadium a few years back, I had to bring my 13 year old (at the time) daughter's glitter handbag back to the car because it was about 1/2 inch to big. Yet the guy in the next line over could barely stand up. One security guy said let her in (with the bag) to the other one, but no go, rules are rules she said. I let her know how I felt about a bunch of drunks being allowed but not a handbag. They don't make money from handbags. 

Edited by thebug
  • Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Gugny said:

One more of these experiences, and I'm done.

sorry this happened

i ran into this a few years ago in another city, his friends joined in bothering me as well after i asked him to stop screaming all the time

when the game was over I got up and they saw what my height and weight were and they shut up totally as i walked across the aisle and up the stairs, not a peep....