Hurdling on the field goal attempt.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

I personally like the Missed Facemask on Allen RIGHT IN FRONT of the One official with eyes locked on the QB. 

or the three missed intentional groundings from Brady in front of the SAME official 

Let's not forget Brady's intentional grounding in the 4th quarter. A lot of missed calls but again no shock.

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

The key part to me is the last sentence of the paragraph. Seems pretty clear. Your mileage may vary, of course. 

You say the whole paragraph needs to be taken into account, then say you only care about the last part.  Of course it's "pretty clear" to you if you zoom in and focus on what you want and ignore what is actually relevant to the case.

21 minutes ago, Say When... said:

Does anyone have the clip?  I can’t find it on youtube or google, I found where coach is pointing to the replay screen but not the actual clip.

i think he was moving forward but I could be wrong.

should start at the time of the kick.  He takes a step(maybe 2) and then leaps the line.  

EDIT: doesn't work because of NFL.  Go to the 6:45 mark.

Edited by The Wiz

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Calls are missed every game both ways. Overall it was a reasonably well called game. 

I am not saying it was a one sided bad call game- the officials were overall horrendous- to argue otherwise means you do not know rules. I saw multiple facemasks not called both ways and that sad defensive holding that helped us. Overall they were putrid by any standard.

1 minute ago, 1ManRaid said:

You are saying you haven't heard of his widely covered Twitter complaint about the number of holding penalties, suspiciously immediately followed by his O-line of backups not getting holding penalties against the dominant Bills D-line?

I have not.

I turn on the TV when a game starts and turn it off when the game is over. I haven't watched NFL highlite shows since Berman and Jackson got cancelled, I barely hear the broadcast team during the game and I've never listened to sports radio. The only sports media I ever engage with is this message board and even then I only read what interests me.

Dude, I don't even own a cell phone; I'm like a freaking Luddite :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No it wasn’t you don’t have s clue what you are talking about. 

Yeah when you can almost do a top 10 list of missed calls just benefiting the Pats, I wouldn't call that a well officiated game.  Especially when some of those calls are so egregious or game changing.

*edit*

Just 5 off the top of my head...

1. No ejection for the hit on Allen.

2. Brady's intentional groundings, suspiciously the game following Brady complaining to refs about being called for grounding.

3. INT standing upon review despite receiver being in contact with ball out of bounds.

4. Phantom holding call against the Bills just because the Pats' D-lineman throws his hands in the air when getting beat on a run (announcers even commented on how they are taught to do that to draw penalties).

5. Pats O-linemen of backups getting no holding penalties vs dominant Bills D-line the game following Brady complains on Twitter about the number of holding penalties.  Hell, the lack of holding calls on the Pats could be a list of its own.

Bonus #6, no roughing the passer from Allen getting slapped across the face.  Brady gets that call 10/10 times as shown by calls being made when his face isn't even hit.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

I have not.

I turn on the TV when a game starts and turn it off when the game is over. I haven't watched NFL highlite shows since Berman and Jackson got cancelled, I barely hear the broadcast team during the game and I've never listened to sports radio. The only sports media I ever engage with is this message board and even then I only read what interests me.

Dude, I don't even own a cell phone; I'm like a freaking Luddite :lol:

In that case- 10 days ago Brady tweeted he would not watch and NFL game due to holding calls. Since then the number of calls across the league have dropped and his team got 0 this weekend against our great Dline with his bunch of backup linemen.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Was he running and leaping in place? 

And for anyone that thinks Tom doesn't get that Facemask call. 

IncredibleBrokenDeinonychus-size_restric

Right,  but you can see how the ref behind the play may genuinely see his head getting hit? Plus he's in the pocket. That would be a missed call, but 90% of the time a ref sees it from that angle and it looks like that, there is actual contact on the head, which is flat out illegal to tap a qb on the head.

Allen was scrambling and the defensive player never actually grabbed onto his facemask. Completely different and the right call imo. Would Brady have gotten that call? Maybe, don't really know, but this example isn't analogous really at all.

That said, I'm glad you posted it, it definitely furthers the convo, just not sure it proves what you are hoping it would.

9 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

should start at the time of the kick.  He takes a step(maybe 2) and then leaps the line.  

EDIT: doesn't work because of NFL.  Go to the 6:45 mark.

I stand corrected,  as. I interpret the verbiage in the rule his initial leap was legal.  After the snap, within 1 yard.

but he does appear to use his left hand as a spring attempt on the back of a bills player and that’s certainly a foul, but is it clear enough?  

56 minutes ago, MarkAF43 said:

As someone else said, not a missed call. He was on the line and leaped over. Completely legal play based on the rule. 

The rule was written and meant to be enforced to stop guys from doing that- it is a safety rule because a linemen popping up destroys this guy. A defender can jump over the line of scrimmage- it is against the rule and was another blown call. 

6 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

Right,  but you can see how the ref behind the play may genuinely see his head getting hit? Plus he's in the pocket. That would be a missed call, but 90% of the time a ref sees it from that angle and it looks like that, there is actual contact on the head, which is flat out illegal to tap a qb on the head.

Allen was scrambling and the defensive player never actually grabbed onto his facemask. Completely different and the right call imo. Would Brady have gotten that call? Maybe, don't really know, but this example isn't analogous really at all.

That said, I'm glad you posted it, it definitely furthers the convo, just not sure it proves what you are hoping it would.

You seem to contradict yourself here.  The edge of a pinky finger grazing Brady's mask = good call for roughing the passer, but Allen getting clearly slapped across the face doesn't count because he didn't grab the facemask?  Facemask is a different penalty from roughing the passer.  You don't have to grab the mask to be called for roughing.  You say yourself that it is flatly illegal to make contact to the head of a QB but ignore OBVIOUS contact to Allen's head.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

In that case- 10 days ago Brady tweeted he would not watch and NFL game due to holding calls. Since then the number of calls across the league have dropped and his team got 0 this weekend against our great Dline with his bunch of backup linemen.

OK, I get it now. Thanks for the clue-in.

And fwiw,  I certainly wasn't implying that officials don't have a lengthy history of protecting that little weasel.

Just that I wouldn't have thrown a flag for a guys hand sliding lightly across a QB's facemask when there was no blow to the head.

10 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You seem to contradict yourself here.  The edge of a pinky finger grazing Brady's mask = good call for roughing the passer, but Allen getting clearly slapped across the face doesn't count because he didn't grab the facemask?  Facemask is a different penalty from roughing the passer.  You don't have to grab the mask to be called for roughing.  You say yourself that it is flatly illegal to make contact to the head of a QB but ignore OBVIOUS contact to Allen's head.

Also Allen was still in the pocket and not a runner at that point. Ref had a clear view of his hand on his face mask. 

Once Brady had been called for one intentional grounding penalty, the quota was used up.  There was no way he'd ever get called twice in a single game.  He probably won't get called again this year.  This is Brady we're talking about.

I have to say, if a player can take a single step and leap over all the players on the line of scrimmage, getting both enough height and enough distance, while wearing all the weight of pads and helmet -- well shoot these people aren't actually human.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

OK, I get it now. Thanks for the clue-in.

And fwiw,  I certainly wasn't implying that officials don't have a lengthy history of protecting that little weasel.

Just that I wouldn't have thrown a flag for a guys hand sliding lightly across a QB's facemask when there was no blow to the head.

I did not think you were defending just unaware of what happened. I also just thought officials were atrocious but that one play was not much compared to other mistakes.

21 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

No, I said it was a bad call on Brady, but from the angle of the ref behind the play I can see how he would make that call, and he gets a pass...unless you put an official on every inch of the field, calls being missed because of line of sight issues are always going to be part of the game, just is the way it is, and it's not a conspiracy when it happens (assuming it is a genuine line of sight thing of course).

I also said Allen was scrambling, so he becomes a runner in terms of hit to the head (I'm pretty sure that's the case). Now had he thrown the ball and then the guy hit his head, it would be a penalty, but he wasn't a passer anymore at the time of that, and the guy didn't grab the face mask, good no call imo.

I was screaming at the tv when Zay was standing out of bounds touching the ball though, and was really annoyed Steratore didn't come on to give his input for almost a quarter after the play.