Hurdling on the field goal attempt.

I just watched the replay of Hauschka's miss from 49 yards.  The Patriot, #58,  hurdled the line and jumped in his face.  Is this legal?  McDermott seemed to have a problem with this.

Here's the rule:  Running forward and leaping across the line of scrimmage in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or Try Kick, unless the player was in a stationary position on the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped. A player who is behind the line of scrimmage before, or at the snap, may run forward and leap, provided he does not cross the line of scrimmage or land on players.

8 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I just watched the replay of Hauschka's miss from 49 yards.  The Patriot, #58,  hurdled the line and jumped in his face.  Is this legal?  McDermott seemed to have a problem with this.

Here's the rule:  Running forward and leaping across the line of scrimmage in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or Try Kick, unless the player was in a stationary position on the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped. A player who is behind the line of scrimmage before, or at the snap, may run forward and leap, provided he does not cross the line of scrimmage or land on players.

should have been called. Wasn’t. Seems there was a lot of that on Sunday

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It’s not. Missed call by refs

Kind of like the miss with the 3rd INT where Zay was out of bounds touching the ball which made the whole play dead before he gained possession...

Both the refs AND the replay missed that...how can you feel good about replay when they don't even know the rules they are trying to enforcing

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, matter2003 said:

Kind of like the miss with the 3rd INT where Zay was out of bounds touching the ball which made the whole play dead before he gained possession...

Both the refs AND the replay missed that...how can you feel good about replay when they don't even know the rules they are trying to enforcing

I personally like the Missed Facemask on Allen RIGHT IN FRONT of the One official with eyes locked on the QB. 

or the three missed intentional groundings from Brady in front of the SAME official 

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I personally like the Missed Facemask on Allen RIGHT IN FRONT of the One official with eyes locked on the QB. 

I wouldn't have called that one either.

And Josh sure as hell shouldn't be trying to call it while the play is still live.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

or the three missed intentional groundings from Brady in front of the SAME official 

I only saw two they missed,

But they also called one on him I thought was a weak call.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Simon said:

I wouldn't have called that one either.

And Josh sure as hell shouldn't be trying to call it while the play is still live.

I only saw two they missed,

But they also called one on him I thought was a weak call.

so you wouldn’t call an obvious penalty. 

so does Kraft treat you to run and tugs too. 

does Brady get that missed Allen call?  YEP

does Allen get called on this intentional groundings?  Yep. 

does Brady get that missed Allen call?  YEP

does Allen get called on this intentional groundings?  Yep. 

You are just making that up. There is no evidence Brady gets any more calls for roughing the passer.

Facemask is a judgement call now when they got rid of the incidental call.  I think it should have been called but I can see why they didn’t. 

Pretty classy way to talk at a guy just because he disagrees with you about a football penalty

Cowboy up and quit being one of them; it's beneath you.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

You are just making that up. There is no evidence Brady gets any more calls for roughing the passer.

Facemask is a judgement call now when they got rid of the incidental call.  I think it should have been called but I can see why they didn’t. 

Just providing the link to the roughing the passer penalties and qb that benefits. I’m surprised fitz tops the list. Brady is 7th.

https://www.nflpenalties.com/roughing-the-passer-by-qb.php?

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

7 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Brady gets that call everytime. Been shown and been proven. 

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

Pretty classy way to talk at a guy just because he disagrees with you about a football penalty

Cowboy up and quit being one of them; it's beneath you.

so let me ask did Brady get fined for criticizing Officials like every player does? When he tweeted about it or no?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

McD's gotta call NY. This officiating favoritism on behalf of NE is getting over the top. We've dealt with it for nearly 20 years. No owner (especially Kraft) should be allowed on an officiating committee. It's a conflict of interest. Yesterday was the last straw. One of those 3 international groundings was so blatant I said to myself their never going to let us near this protected franchise. 2 critical offsetting plays. Even Gene Steratore came on after the Zay int. and said the refs missed the call.  How much longer does this @#$% have to go on? Do we have to wait till TB retires and the Pats become irrelevant before the NFL shuts off the officiating valve?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not a penalty I watched play like 30 times the night of the game because I was super pissed that it wasn't called. The player didn't run more than a yard to jump the line nor did he land on anyone or leverage his jump with another player. It was totally clean.