Special Teams as Bad as Last Year

billsfan_34

4 hours ago, MJS said:

It's been fine through the first three games. Bojo was punting well. Hauschka was making field goals. One bad game for that phase.

I thought Roberts played well returning kicks and punts.

I don't agree. Please read and review this analysis of our previous games and tell me that the Patriots weren't ready to try that.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/film-doesnt-lie-bills-showed-punt-block-confusion-earlier-season-patriots-capitalized

BOJO needed to recognize that he wasn't blocked and either call a time-out or make the pass. But, what occurred, made me sick!! PATHETIC!!! That right there is how we get out coached.

5 hours ago, MJS said:

It's been fine through the first three games. Bojo was punting well. Hauschka was making field goals. One bad game for that phase.

I thought Roberts played well returning kicks and punts.

Agree to disagree- our ST’s do nothing special at all. If FG’s is the only benchmark then well...

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Through four games, Bojo has had one true shank and one blocked punt. 

Haushka missed one 60+ yarders, and yesterdays 49er (but only when Jamie Collins was allowed to illegally jump over the line, affecting the kick). 

Returns have been substannntially better. Especially now that we finally have Roberts back there. 

We have had fewer return penalties than last year. 

Stop with the hyperbole. It sounds foolish. We are much better this year. 

It isn’t hyperbole- Bojo has more than one shank. We had a colossal blunder with the blocked punt and our very own 19 yard punt- but were great.

Bojo didn't make the decision to leave rushers completely unblocked on his blocked punt and shank.  It's ridiculous to put those on him.

Kept having only 3 blockers on 4 rushers with the 4th just running free untouched.  Yeah cut Bojo for that...

• Like (+1) 3

8 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Agree to disagree- our ST’s do nothing special at all. If FG’s is the only benchmark then well...

It isn’t hyperbole- Bojo has more than one shank. We had a colossal blunder with the blocked punt and our very own 19 yard punt- but were great.

Your original claim is we are as bad this year as last year. Not that we aren’t just “special.” That is so over dramatic, and thus hyperbole

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

I don't agree. Please read and review this analysis of our previous games and tell me that the Patriots weren't ready to try that.

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/film-doesnt-lie-bills-showed-punt-block-confusion-earlier-season-patriots-capitalized

BOJO needed to recognize that he wasn't blocked and either call a time-out or make the pass. But, what occurred, made me sick!! PATHETIC!!! That right there is how we get out coached.

This is absolutely infuriating.

It really makes you wonder what the Special Teams Coordinator is getting paid for.

The punt unit has been on the field 20 times in four games (basically five punts per game).  The coach could spend an ENTIRE DAY analyzing one play from that week's game, looking at what went wrong on film and trying to fix it.  There was clearly confusion in both the Jets/Giants games, but nothing was ever done by Heath Farwell to correct it.

This wasn't a fluke play, where "genius" Belichick did something fancy or a single player missed his assignment.  This was a situation where our coaching staff was negligent, failed to prepare the players for what to do on a simple punt block, and our opponent caught it on film.  

18 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Through 4 games special teams hasn’t been so special. For every 2 decent Bojo punts he has 1 shank- yesterday a 19 yarder! 

When is the last time we have blocked a punt or FG?

Yesterday we gave up a block punt and return for 6.

Haushka Isn’t “House Money” lately.

This mess of ST’s has to get corrected.

I wouldn't blame the coordinator for the punter honestly - i can't coach you to not... suck at punting.  Get me a new punter.

We haven't tried to block one - we have a good return man so we are trying to minimize long punts.  As far as i remember the last one was in seattle, but someone keep me honest if i'm wrong.  

Not sure who's job that is but if I'm an unblocked gunner and no one notices to motion me over, i might just call timeout.  Whoever is counting hat's there needs to get it together.  I imagine its coached, and i imagine they chewed someone out. 

He's missed 2 field goals this year and one was a 62 yarder.  

4 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

In your opinion

Mine too! It's the Fall season, take a walk in the park and relax!

35 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

Thats a loser mentality and maybe if the Bills wasn't relaxing on special teams  then we would have won the game. 

You too! It's the Fall season, take a walk in the park and relax!

14 hours ago, Houston's #1 Bills Fan said:

*sigh*

Bills have narrowed the talent gap on the field, but still a long way to go to do the same on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, vorpma said:

Mine too! It's the Fall season, take a walk in the park and relax!

You too! It's the Fall season, take a walk in the park and relax!

I fished last night- that helps ?

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

No. Like objectively. Based on the statistics. We are better. This isn’t an opinion thing. 

Our DVOA is ranked 26th this year. Last year it was 32nd.  Its not great, but it is still much better than last year. 

Lets see where we fall at the end of the year

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/30/buffalo-bills-nfl-heath-farwell-special-teams-new-england-patriots/

Edited by billsfan_34

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

I fished last night- that helps ?

Lets see where we fall at the end of the year

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/30/buffalo-bills-nfl-heath-farwell-special-teams-new-england-patriots/

Dude, no ones arguing with you, just saying to relax and chill out; we are 3 - 1 and have three months to go. Smell the coffee, have a beer, take a walk!

Im not upset- not in the least. I like 3-1 just think ST’s gotta get better- a lot better.

31 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Dude, no ones arguing with you, just saying to relax and chill out; we are 3 - 1 and have three months to go. Smell the coffee, have a beer, take a walk!

Not even remotely upset- i’m good. Been down this road for a long time.