Special Teams as Bad as Last Year

billsfan_34

Through 4 games special teams hasn’t been so special. For every 2 decent Bojo punts he has 1 shank- yesterday a 19 yarder! 

When is the last time we have blocked a punt or FG?

Yesterday we gave up a block punt and return for 6.

Haushka Isn’t “House Money” lately.

This mess of ST’s has to get corrected.

Reminds me of when Ronnie White was special teams coordinator for Wade Phillips back in the day.   Ralph wanted him fired, Wade refused, and so Ralph fired Wade.  We got another rookie ST coach....it didn't turn out well last time.......And, yes, he was outcoached by the Pats on the blocked punt....when the gunner is uncovered, he has to get the man who was supposed to cover him.  Maybe our ST coach wasn't a gunner......and didn't know that to teach our gunners.

55 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Through 4 games special teams hasn’t been so special. For every 2 decent Bojo punts he has 1 shank- yesterday a 19 yarder! 

I think Andre Roberts is a very good return man.  The Bills need to block a little better on his returns. 

Unfortunately, I think Hauschka might be on the downside of his career.  The good thing is, he’s much more reliable than many kickers in the NFL.

Bojorquez is not a good punter.  Never liked him and wanted a replacement for a while.  The coverage is bad as well

17 minutes ago, Protocal69 said:

When I mentioned that I was concerned about the Bills Special teams last I was told to relax

Probably good advice.  Let someone else worry about it.  The Bills don’t seem to be.  ?

20 minutes ago, Plano said:

Bojo needs to be cut ASAP. Go for it every 4th down, he's garbage. Insert other media

‘Insert other media’...leave Brady’s marital aids out of this.

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Through four games, Bojo has had one true shank and one blocked punt. 

Haushka missed one 60+ yarders, and yesterdays 49er (but only when Jamie Collins was allowed to illegally jump over the line, affecting the kick). 

Returns have been substannntially better. Especially now that we finally have Roberts back there. 

We have had fewer return penalties than last year. 

Stop with the hyperbole. It sounds foolish. We are much better this year. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

i wanna say it was Hughes that got through and got one back in 16 on MNF vs seattle. not 100% though.... be a bit, regardless.

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Reminds me of when Ronnie White was special teams coordinator for Wade Phillips back in the day.   Ralph wanted him fired, Wade refused, and so Ralph fired Wade.  We got another rookie ST coach....it didn't turn out well last time.......And, yes, he was outcoached by the Pats on the blocked punt....when the gunner is uncovered, he has to get the man who was supposed to cover him.  Maybe our ST coach wasn't a gunner......and didn't know that to teach our gunners.

I had to google it to confirm, but his name was Ronnie Jones.  White just didn't sound right. ;)