First coach fired this season?

BmarvB

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I agree it could happen in Dallas this year, but WOW if they make Kellen Moore a HC at 31 after only 1 year at OC.

I think the smartest play would be extend Garrett, and give Moore an Asst HC promotion. Then make him HC in 3-4 years.

But who knows with Jerry.

I think someone will be trying to make Moore a HC this year. The young offensive genius is so in vogue right now and he's making Dak look like an all-pro (though I didn't see anything about how he looked last night). I bet the Redskins are a team that comes calling for him...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As I said above, the biggest thing Fangio has going against him is that he's likely tied to Elways fate. I can't see Elway being there after the Flacco thing failed. Especially not with the early reports on Drew Lock. 

It probably comes down to what power Joe Ellis has compared to Elway.

Ellis has been strictly business with no football ops say.  That has been all Elway.

I think Elway has one more shot and would willing throw Fangio under the bus.

Elway is a god to the Bowlen family and a lot of fans out here. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

It probably comes down to what power Joe Ellis has compared to Elway.

Ellis has been strictly business with no football ops say.  That has been all Elway.

I think Elway has one more shot and would willing throw Fangio under the bus.

Elway is a god to the Bowlen family and a lot of fans out here. 

It's a tough situation for sure. I'm not sure how they could let him throw Fangio under the bus cause that would include admitting that he missed on picking a coach, again. The only way to stay is to sell the "this is part of the process" line, but that doesn't work cause they made it quite clear they intended to compete this year- 4 games in and they haven't. I think Elway will be retired, and if he's smart he'll take it quietly so as to not further tarnish his legacy. Great player, terrible management. 

24 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It's a tough situation for sure. I'm not sure how they could let him throw Fangio under the bus cause that would include admitting that he missed on picking a coach, again. The only way to stay is to sell the "this is part of the process" line, but that doesn't work cause they made it quite clear they intended to compete this year- 4 games in and they haven't. I think Elway will be retired, and if he's smart he'll take it quietly so as to not further tarnish his legacy. Great player, terrible management. 

I just went on 2 of the Donkey boards I check out from time to time.  Both have "Fire Elway?" threads on top.

It is funny how posters call Vance Joseph "Radio" (they hate Fangio more) and comments on Elways drinking problems.

It's coming apart here in Colorado.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well, that's a tough one. While the play calling at the end of the SB did lose them the game, Kyle Shanahan the OC, was running the best Offense Atlanta has had in a long time (and ever since). And he did leave after that season.

The offense and playcalling got them to the Super Bowl, and had them winning the Super Bowl into the 2nd half. It was the decision to stick with what got them there (passing) instead of killing the clock (running), that lost them the game.

But yeah, he probably should have been canned after that loss just because it's real hard to get that mojo back.

I'm probably not being totally serious, but if i were a Falcon's fan, would be hard to forgive and forget that play calling sequence.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Gruden is likely the first to go, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Dan Quinn get the boot too if they feel there's a way to salvage the season. 

Also, and I'm sure it won't be before season's end, but you have to wonder if Fangio is safe in Denver- especially since I think Elway will "retire" at the end of this season. 

Fangio is another “lost the locker room” guy, and it happened fast. Chris Harris Jr told a reporter “13 more weeks for me” and there’s a lot of finger pointing going on. Bradley Chubb is now done for the year with an ACL. My guess is they go into tank mode and then they start all over again in January. 

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

I just went on 2 of the Donkey boards I check out from time to time.  Both have "Fire Elway?" threads on top.

It is funny how posters call Vance Joseph "Radio" (they hate Fangio more) and comments on Elways drinking problems.

It's coming apart here in Colorado.

See you are New Era in November!    Radio???

28 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Fangio is another “lost the locker room” guy, and it happened fast. Chris Harris Jr told a reporter “13 more weeks for me” and there’s a lot of finger pointing going on. Bradley Chubb is now done for the year with an ACL. My guess is they go into tank mode and then they start all over again in January. 

Someone is going to get a really nice DC after this. I thought he'd probably just go back to Chicago, but it looks like Pagano will do enough to keep that job (so far at least).