First coach fired this season?

BmarvB

7 minutes ago, AmishRifle said:

National media has been targeting Gruden since week 2.  I think Fangio and Quinn are circling the toilet.  Disagree with Marrone.  They’ve put together two wins after Foles went down and finally got Fornette some yards.  

Agree about Marrone. He owes Gardner Minshew his job. (For now)

4 hours ago, BmarvB said:

My vote goes to Jay Gruden in Washington. Just a question of will he survive the season

Considering the rumors were that losing to the Giants would be it for him, I'd say that's a pretty good guess.......

Atlanta's HC, Carolinas, Vikings too, they have been in place for a while and have had bad starts so far this season. Tomlin could be a wildcard but doesn't seem to be how Pittsburgh operates. Anthony Lynn in LA with the Chargers slow start.

4 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Agree about Marrone. He owes Gardner Minshew his job. (For now)

Marrone is not a bad coach. He nearly got Blake Bortles to the Super Bowl! We are all a little bitter about him leaving, but I understand why he did it. 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Quinn should be next, and real soon. Dimitroff too. Time for Falcons to rebuild. They could do it quick with Ryan and Julio still around.

Marrone, Vrabel, Gase, Taylor, Flores. No shortage of firing candidates this year for sure. Makes me nearly certainly we lose Leslie Frazier in the off season. 

8 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Quinn should be next, and real soon. Dimitroff too. Time for Falcons to rebuild. They could do it quick with Ryan and Julio still around.

I know quite a few Falcons fans who believe Ryan is part of the problem, not the solution. 

10 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

Marrone, Vrabel, Gase, Taylor, Flores. No shortage of firing candidates this year for sure. Makes me nearly certainly we lose Leslie Frazier in the off season. 

Maybe....  at the same time sometimes, these guys don’t want to go back there. Maybe he’s happy doing what he’s doing. 

Daboll woukd be the one id worry about having a backup plan for. 

Its on trend to chase the young OC that helped develop a rookie QB or anyone who’s ridden around practice in a golf cart with McVay

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

....he'll be 61 in April...may not want to rigors of HC spot again............

17 minutes ago, H2o said:

I know quite a few Falcons fans who believe Ryan is part of the problem, not the solution. 

Oh so do I. And they are wrong, and I tell them they are wrong every time we discuss it. :thumbsup:

They have been SPOILED with having a Franchise QB for pretty much the last 20 years, transitioning from Vick to Ryan. They have no idea how hard it can be to find a QB.

Ryan puts up 330yds, 3 TDs, 1 TD ran in. Their Defense gives up 53 points. And they want to complain about the QB?!? I shut that conversation down this morning.

• Haha (+1) 1