Al Riveron is a huge problem for the NFL

Estelle Getty

6 hours ago, H2o said:

He's an idiot

Correction, he's A idiot!!

6 hours ago, devldog131 said:

Seems to me that the head of officiating should know the rule book forward and backward. If he actually knew the rule book that he is the number one guy in charge of enforcing, he would have known that a player in contact with a player out of bounds is, himself, out of bounds, and would have overturned INT #3. That makes it a three point game, the Bills take the field goal on 4th & Goal at the one to tie it at 13, and we potentially have a different outcome.

Things could have ended very differently if we were just trying to get into position for a game-winning field goal on the last possession.

But then we have a chance at winning and Brady is walking around like he has a dild0 you know where...  Can't have that so just murder Josh Allen:oops:

6 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

LOL yup he rattled off all the network guys and said they'd be better.  They should have changed to AAFL idea and had the replay official on site.

And people don't LOVE Task-man at least he takes people to TASK...

Riveron should be the guy that makes up for the unbelievable incompetence on the field with these officials.  I repeatedly say this but the NFL has the worst officiating in pro sports. Yesterday there was a multitude of blown calls . There was a missed face mask on Allen, a missed intentional grounding on Brady that was absolutely textbook. The refs blew the ejection call when Allen got hammered. Then the refs miss the fact that the INT #3 was out of bounds based on the Bills player touching. You would think if this made any sense and the NFL didn't have its head right up its butt, that Riveron and his teams  job would be to correct all these egregious errors and make things right with some sober second thoughts and multiple replays, but NO they have blown the review process as well. The Pats player who hit Allen deservedly got a flag for the hit but the second that the league saw that replay of the helmet to helmet, they should have contacted the head ref and ordered him to eject the player.  Instead they come up with some completely BS reason for why it didn't merit an ejection and/or apologize for the on field refs blowing it when it should be corrected in  real time by Riveron et al.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Buffalo03 said:

Are you referring to the one they thought hit Edelman's thumb as it bounced past him in the Championship game last year? Because that was hard to tell. I absolutely despise the Pats probably more than anyone should and probably more than any other Patriots hater in the universe. Even I say that I'm not 100% sure it hit his thumb or not. It looked like it might have but also looked like it didn't. Of course Edelman is gonna say it didn't but I wouldn't call that a sure thing that it did hit his thumb

We know for sure his thumb was up Brafy's butthole

Agreed. This dude should have been fired last year. I could be wrong, but I don’t recall him being too awful of a ref when he did it, but boy is he out of his league with this job. Seems like the guy always screws us with a critical call against the Cheats. The kelvin benjamin TD that was overturned comes to mind. The play I was most annoyed with yesterday, beside the Allen hit, was the pick play on Levi Wallace. I don’t care if the rule doesn’t allow you to consider intent. Dude didn’t even attempt to run a route. But hey, we’ve been getting jobbed on critical calls against the cheats since at least the “just give it to them” game. It’s a joke. 

Nowhere in this thread did I see him state that his opinions are facts. Again, the PPP forum exists for a reason, keep the political BS there.

Well then you aren't looking very hard. Also, I don't know why you think you can speak to me the way you are, but I didn't start the political conversation. I don't like it anymore than anyone else. Thus my original response. 

Sidenote - This is what happens every time politics is brought up, it takes the attention away from football. That is why I don't like it

Edited by DocLawless

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

It annoys me that me that the Gene S. has never seen it, yet we've seen it twice against the same team, and got opposite calls - both going against us.  

5 hours ago, Manther said:

I am on that train too.  From 1998 to 2017 I only didn't watch two Bills games.  2018 I watched two?  I can't stand the rules of the NFL and that the teams really can't compete.  The playing ground is not level.  I watched every game this year and then yesterdays game and I am disinterested again knowing no matter what happens it isn't going to change things till Brady and BB retire.  I HATE that the league and people think we or some are this stupid and will continue to put up with this WWF prime time drama BS. 

Its not going to change until TB/BB are gone. And allowing Kraft to be on the officiating committee further perpetuates the corrupt circus of refs.

• Like (+1) 1