Al Riveron is a huge problem for the NFL

Estelle Getty

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Goodell is the problem. The game has consistently gone downhill since he’s been Commissioner.

32 owners, several networks and countless advertisers might find this statement very silly.  Players, for all of their moaning about Goodell (really, they are moaning about the owners), have seen their compensation grow through the roof since he took over...so they can't complain either.  In 2005, the season before he was hired, the salary cap was 85.5 million.  This year, it's 188.2 million.  It more than doubled the past 14 seasons in a league celebrating it's 100th season.

All fan bases always complain about calls/noncalls/reviews all the time.  Yet they cannot stop watching--even the ones who constantly predict (with no apparent sense of irony) the demise of the NFL.

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

As I said elsewhere - Al Riveron is the second least-qualified person to hold an important office in this country.  He’s an absolute disgrace.  

Why don't we leave the political opinions in the PPP forum next time, ok?

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Haha yea ok, your political opinions are "facts." We are so lucky to have such an enlightened individual here at TBD. You certainly just swayed my political opinion, good work!

Nowhere in this thread did I see him state that his opinions are facts. Again, the PPP forum exists for a reason, keep the political BS there.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Estelle Getty said:

Hope you’re joking

The Edelman one? Where one angle confirms that the only possible way it touched him was if it hit his thumb, and the other angle shows it never came within 4 inches of his thumb? 

Why do Bills fans insist on diving headfirst into fantasy land when it comes to the Patriots? It makes us look so bad. 

3 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

He not only constantly leans the *pats way in big calls (edelmans fumble overturn against the cheifs among others) he is just plain awful overall.  I think he got every review wrong on Thursday night as well.  

He was consistently bad last year and has been worst this year.  Riveron has no business having this much control over the NFL.  And mark my words it will only get worst. 

Someone had to take over.  Walt Coleman retired.

2 hours ago, devldog131 said:

Seems to me that the head of officiating should know the rule book forward and backward. If he actually knew the rule book that he is the number one guy in charge of enforcing, he would have known that a player in contact with a player out of bounds is, himself, out of bounds, and would have overturned INT #3

When Gene Steratore brought this up on the telecast, he said he's never seen it before or something to that effect - isn't that the same rule that these very same Patriots got their first lucky break on the way to the Tuck Rule game in 2001 - where the unconscious guy who was half out of bounds meant the ball was dead, and the Bills did not get the fumble?  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, bbb said:

When Gene Steratore brought this up on the telecast, he said he's never seen it before or something to that effect - isn't that the same rule that these very same Patriots got their first lucky break on the way to the Tuck Rule game in 2001 - where the unconscious guy who was half out of bounds meant the ball was dead, and the Bills did not get the fumble?  

I'm pretty sure that's the case.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I agree with this, some will point to how much money they've made blah, blah, blah......fact of the matter is the game will die eventually at the rate it is not being taken up, or should I say down at the lower levels. Calls like yesterday's and the lack of league response to the hit, while claiming to be interested in safety, just further alienate many to a league that doesn't get it. And, who is the leader? Goodell. I heard guys on the NFL network, Tony Dungy, Mike Golic today and they all think it was fine. Reminds me of the old guard in hockey saying you have to have fighting. In this case, if the aforementioned players are listened too and nothing is done the league will not be around eventually.

I am on that train too.  From 1998 to 2017 I only didn't watch two Bills games.  2018 I watched two?  I can't stand the rules of the NFL and that the teams really can't compete.  The playing ground is not level.  I watched every game this year and then yesterdays game and I am disinterested again knowing no matter what happens it isn't going to change things till Brady and BB retire.  I HATE that the league and people think we or some are this stupid and will continue to put up with this WWF prime time drama BS. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, arcane said:

The Edelman one? Where one angle confirms that the only possible way it touched him was if it hit his thumb, and the other angle shows it never came within 4 inches of his thumb? 

Why do Bills fans insist on diving headfirst into fantasy land when it comes to the Patriots? It makes us look so bad. 

Some horses are so far behind in the race they actually think they're winning.