Al Riveron is a huge problem for the NFL

Estelle Getty

He not only constantly leans the *pats way in big calls (edelmans fumble overturn against the cheifs among others) he is just plain awful overall.  I think he got every review wrong on Thursday night as well.  

He was consistently bad last year and has been worst this year.  Riveron has no business having this much control over the NFL.  And mark my words it will only get worst. 

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Yep.  Heard that.  Tasker said he was the only one left in the room after the others bolted to be commentators on the networks.  

LOL yup he rattled off all the network guys and said they'd be better.  They should have changed to AAFL idea and had the replay official on site.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Seems to me that the head of officiating should know the rule book forward and backward. If he actually knew the rule book that he is the number one guy in charge of enforcing, he would have known that a player in contact with a player out of bounds is, himself, out of bounds, and would have overturned INT #3. That makes it a three point game, the Bills take the field goal on 4th & Goal at the one to tie it at 13, and we potentially have a different outcome.

Things could have ended very differently if we were just trying to get into position for a game-winning field goal on the last possession.

Edited by devldog131
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Goodell is the problem. The game has consistently gone downhill since he’s been Commissioner.

I agree with this, some will point to how much money they've made blah, blah, blah......fact of the matter is the game will die eventually at the rate it is not being taken up, or should I say down at the lower levels. Calls like yesterday's and the lack of league response to the hit, while claiming to be interested in safety, just further alienate many to a league that doesn't get it. And, who is the leader? Goodell. I heard guys on the NFL network, Tony Dungy, Mike Golic today and they all think it was fine. Reminds me of the old guard in hockey saying you have to have fighting. In this case, if the aforementioned players are listened too and nothing is done the league will not be around eventually.

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

He not only constantly leans the *pats way in big calls (edelmans fumble overturn against the cheifs among others) he is just plain awful overall.  I think he got every review wrong on Thursday night as well.  

He was consistently bad last year and has been worst this year.  Riveron has no business having this much control over the NFL.  And mark my words it will only get worst. 

He’s exactly what they want.  That’s why he’s there

• Awesome! (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Estelle Getty said:

Are you referring to the one they thought hit Edelman's thumb as it bounced past him in the Championship game last year? Because that was hard to tell. I absolutely despise the Pats probably more than anyone should and probably more than any other Patriots hater in the universe. Even I say that I'm not 100% sure it hit his thumb or not. It looked like it might have but also looked like it didn't. Of course Edelman is gonna say it didn't but I wouldn't call that a sure thing that it did hit his thumb

When you're the head of officiating but somehow every Monday NFL talk shows are discussing blown review calls, there's a problem. 

We're not talking about missed calls by officials in live speed - We're talking about reviewed calls by a guy who should know the rules and is watching all angles at slow speed. 

Just insane that this is even a discussion.

• Like (+1) 3