Maybe we miss Jordan Mills?

1 hour ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Mills was the definition of mediocre .... but Ford is not, I repeat IS NOT ready to play RT in this league.  Put the kid at RG if you must, but stop this maddening rotation at the position

If Mills were mediocre, I'm sure he would still be on an NFL roster at this point in his career (he's only 28).   

I'll take Ford, who has tremendous growth potential, over Mills any day.

Mills, Bodine, Groy, and Ducasse all unemployed and for good reason.

Edited by Azucho98

If Allen was the type of QB to take a 3 step drop & get the ball out on time, people here would be saying how great the Oline is.

But because of this past game, where Allen didnt take what the defense was giving him & he held on to the ball too long, people over react a bit & ask if Jordan Mills would be better.

No, he wouldnt be. Mills would get pushed back on the 1st step of that drop.

Not to say we don't need to improve our oline, but we all knew that going into this season.

2 hours ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Mills was the definition of mediocre .... but Ford is not, I repeat IS NOT ready to play RT in this league.  Put the kid at RG if you must, but stop this maddening rotation at the position

All walks of life come out after losses huh?  You are out of your mind!

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

53 minutes ago, Azucho98 said:

If Mills were mediocre, I'm sure he would still be on an NFL roster at this point in his career (he's only 28).   

I'll take Ford, who has tremendous growth potential, over Mills any day.

Mills, Bodine, Groy, and Ducasse all unemployed and for good reason.

Mills is actually on the Cardinals

Do wonder if a big part of their overall problem on the line is not enough continuity.  Morse basically missed all of camp and Ford was constantly flipped back and forth between guard and tackle.  Jose was moved between guard and center.  The left side was the same all camp and they aren't looking to great either, but some might be to churn around them.

Yeah, no. I will admit that the Feliciano-Ford-Smith combo on the right is a problem in pass protection. We look much better with Nsekhe in there. @ Titans will be very telling. They have an excellent Dline and Barkley is the opposite of mobile. My sense of it is we have too many plays where it's taking too long to get the ball out. If it's really just the line's fault then Barkley will be in for a long day.  

59 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Yeah, no. I will admit that the Feliciano-Ford-Smith combo on the right is a problem in pass protection. We look much better with Nsekhe in there. @ Titans will be very telling. They have an excellent Dline and Barkley is the opposite of mobile. My sense of it is we have too many plays where it's taking too long to get the ball out. If it's really just the line's fault then Barkley will be in for a long day.  

I expect the game plan to be much different with Barkley in there, and hopefully Singletary can come back but I have a feeling he won't be until after the bye week.

The reality is that we picked up replacement level players in free agency (Morse is the exception) and didnt get great players with the 2 2nd round picks we used on tackles.  

I still believe in this regime, but our QBs will be under duress until more talent can be added to the line.  

We also picked up average WRs.  That's fine, but the Bills need a #1.  2 Tackles, 1 pass rusher, and 1 WR and we are in business.

Mills is terrible. Ford has not been good at RT. Nsekhe is better than him at RT and Feliciano is better than him at RG. The only spot that he could fill in at and possibly start is LG, where Spain has been decent, but switching sides on the OL is not as simple as people might think and the kid has been used to playing on the right side for most of his career. I'd rather keep rotating him to spell Nsekhe, but not give him a similar amount of snaps, the kid hasn't been good enough to play as much as he has. 

42 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

Mills was so bad that the Dolphins cut him at the end of camp. He is really really bad.

Also, don't judge the Oline on yesterday’s game against a top-3 defense. Just about every RT will probably struggle against the patriots this year.

The dolphins traded there best lineman like 5 days before the season opener

Cutting Mills just made sure they had no depth and assured their QBs would be killed

Mills actually just started Sunday in Arizona I believe

There was times in the game he had all day long to throw, i agree we can use some more upgrades in certain spots but it's no where near as bad as it was last year i don't know that they had a 100 yd rushing game at all last year did they ? 

I think the trying to get Ford in a rotation with TY is kind of foolish they should go with the best one & leave it alone or try him at LT if that's where he played in college if Dawkins isn't holding his own but they need to get set & let them develop some chemistry .

Morse is still in kind of behind he was out for so long which could be the reason why he isn't hitting it but hopefully he will come around & the O line will get it figured out before the half way point of the season & in time to make a run at the end !!