Bill Belichick Defends Jones Hit on Josh Allen!

jethro_tull

58 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

PR campaign, like they did for Gronk after he clubbed Tre White.

Does the Hoodie have any credibility on points like this?  He’s the master of things that skirt legality (on both sides) and are highly unsportsmanlike

Bottom line, if the NFL cares about concussions, there have to be consequences for players who don’t take reasonable action to avoid helmet to helmet

This all day. Jones didn't have to go high but yes he did. and Hoodie has NO credibility due to his past conduct. PR campaign indeed. Jones wanted to lay the wood into Josh Allens head and it was deliberate none of you will convince me otherwise. I also don't agree that McDermott would necessarily come to the defense of a Bills laying a dirty hit on anyone either it would more likely be something like "It was an  unfortunate" I do not believe he would rationalize it as anything but a mistake. 

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Saying everyone has to immediately be thrown out of games and suspended when some of these plays (while illegal) are hard to prevent, they happen and players need to try and prevent them but they happen, without intent.   Some of these same people are upset by all the penalties on these plays saying its ruining the game they grew up with.  Throwing everyone out for helmet to helmet is a terrible idea.

I dunno who is saying everyone has to immediately be thrown out or suspended.

I happen to think Jones hit on Allen was avoidable, and the fact that he celebrated afterwards adds to the notion it was deliberate.  If one doesn’t impose some immediate consequence, these things won’t stop.

People made the same argument about the new roughing the passer rules, but the real problem IMO is inequitable enforcement

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I dunno bout everyone else but I am ***** loving the feels from Pats fans after Sunday; you can tell they see the end approaching. You got a young hungry Bills team pissed about a cheapshot that cost the game and Pats trying to defend it...I love it, your time is nearly up bandwagoneers.

Not with Allen he is going to waste that incredible defense.

35 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I dunno who is saying everyone has to immediately be thrown out or suspended.

I happen to think Jones hit on Allen was avoidable, and the fact that he celebrated afterwards adds to the notion it was deliberate.  If one doesn’t impose some immediate consequence, these things won’t stop.

People made the same argument about the new roughing the passer rules, but the real problem IMO is inequitable enforcement

I dont know. That play was very fast and not much time to think. There are plays when a guy has 5 yards or more to decide what to do etc. This was right there trying to stop a first down. And we can say he should have know to go lower but I dont know - that is how defenders wind up with neck injuries. He is dropping his shoulder as Josh is also both dropping his and being tackled by the other defender. I just dont see anything intentional. I would feel 100% the same if this was the Bills player making the hit. 

I’m not so sure it wasn’t intentional with the thought process being.....what DB tries to take Allen on with a high hit?

Again, I couldn’t convict but it sure didn’t look good.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

I’m not so sure it wasn’t intentional with the thought process being.....what DB tries to take Allen on with a high hit?

Yup this. Someone was talking about how the hit was appropriate because the DB needed to stop Allen from getting to the sticks...you need to go low on a runner like Allen if you're trying to get him down. You go high if you're trying to take him out of the game.

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

What do we want Belichick to say?  The league gave their guidelines and Belichick said that is the reality and they are going to move on with those guidelines.  He is also going to defend his player, we would expect McDermott to do the same

how about that a helmet to helmet hit is never good and that jones could have avoided it?  

by belichick saying there was “nothing different jones could do”  he is basically endorsing the hit.

does anyone believe belichick would not call for a hit like that a la greg williams?  

belichick is part of the problem 

5 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

What do we want Belichick to say?  The league gave their guidelines and Belichick said that is the reality and they are going to move on with those guidelines.  He is also going to defend his player, we would expect McDermott to do the same

A McDermott player simply isn’t going to make that cheap shot hit, so no defending would be needed. If that was McDs style, Tom Brady is getting fitted for replacement kneecaps today. 

7 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

I have lost respect for BB after those comments.  He's dead to me- much like Greg Williams who is still a dirty coach.  Eff the both of them....

so to recap so far this season starting with yesterday......allen was in the grasp going down and instead of wrapping up low, it's a head hit, no big deal to bb...or the league.

ab quits the raiders and already has a deal in place with bb...no big deal.

patrick chung ...didn't he get busted with coke?  plays on sunday no big deal. when is someone /some team gonna get revenge? maybe i'm hoping greggo does it. i'm sick of kraft. bellyache and marsha. who will be the first team to kick their arses?  of course that would have been my mo if i were frazier yesterday, but  .....same ole same ole.

hopefully some other dc steps up and says enough is enough...but who and when? you'd think after all the screwing and dirty hits the pats have given us, we'd have some more attack like testicles.

Of course Belichick is gonna defend it... and then to influence the officials Brady it gonna tweet about how he can’t watch it anymore the next time a QB gets smoked without repercussions on MNF to make sure no one is allow to violate his personal space without a flag being thrown. The league is obligated by their bylaws to let the Patriots*** have it both ways until they deem it’s no longer “good for the game”.

8 hours ago, klos63 said:

I don't think the hit was a cheap shot. It seemed to me he was putting his shoulder to Allen but went helmet to helmet. I think it was one of things that just happened. The penalty was the correct call because of the hit,  but no ejection necessary.

If Bills fans want someone to blame for Allen getting concussed, they should blame Allen.

Even if Allen somehow develops into a serviceable NFL QB, he's not going to last longer than a few years because of his dumb decisions and no regard for his own safety.