Bill Belichick Defends Jones Hit on Josh Allen!

jethro_tull

1 hour ago, Wayne Arnold said:

If Bills fans want someone to blame for Allen getting concussed, they should blame Allen.

Even if Allen somehow develops into a serviceable NFL QB, he's not going to last longer than a few years because of his dumb decisions and no regard for his own safety.

I don't really blame anyone. To me it was a pretty common type of football play, just happen to hit helmets.

My opinion is it developed into basically what looks like a cheapshot.... but what is this dude supposed to do... Allen has about 25 to 30 pounds on him and is running full speed... that last thing is instincts are telling him is "oh OK shoot... I gotta make this a perfect for tackle." Instinct in a moment like that is to protect yourself number one and number two give him a shot when he's trying to take you out... he can't control the physics of the situation... Allen is bigger and taller... what's he supposed to do just give up and move out of the way? His reaction could have been curbed a little bit but he just lit a dude up that was bigger than him that was putting everything he had into him...  of course he's going to be a little pumped up... just my opinion.... when your playing football and you have a shot instinct takes over.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, klos63 said:

I don't think the hit was a cheap shot. It seemed to me he was putting his shoulder to Allen but went helmet to helmet. I think it was one of things that just happened. The penalty was the correct call because of the hit,  but no ejection necessary.

Thanks. You are one of the more level headed posters on this board. 

• Thank you (+1) 1