Josh's foot work in the first qtr - Woof

Reed83HOF

19 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

Ford is not an average LT, if that is your definition of average...oooh boy

Sorry brother he plays RT and he is not horrible. 

Not blaming a damn thing on the RT play and definitely not blaming the loss to NE on RT play

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

When Josh told the media that it was "surreal" to play against Brady, it made me worry a bit. I don't know if his nerves were in the wrong place and he played poorly as a result, or if the pressure was too much for him, but that comment stuck im my head. Throughout the first half, I kept saying "ok, settle down Josh", but it never happened.

On the throw to the flat early in the game, I thought the route was supposed to be flatter, but even still, there was no one within 10 yards of Beasley. A softer toss to the same spot the ball went to gets completed.

Josh is still young. Bills fans have put a ton of pressure in him, the moment was huge, and I think it affected him mentally. He has to be able to shake that and just go out and play, while playing within the scheme and being smart. 

I do think its funny how whenever things aren't going well, especially when it revolves around the QB, certain posters, that you don't see posting when things are going well or good enough to win, suddenly come out of hiding to generously share their opinions...it's like they don't know how to act or react when things are going well, as if "bad" had become so normal for them that they suddenly feel comfortable coming out of hiding. As soon as bad things happen, POOF! Every time...

I thought the comments by Allen in different pressers:

'We need to come out of the half with more juice' and 'coach McDermott does a great job of teaching us situational football'

Were concerning.

Edited by london_bills

20 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Watch Brady though, his feet are dancing all over the place when he is looking to throw

But they are for the most part set when he goes to throw.

His footwork was the biggest reason I didn’t want Allen playing last year. It takes a long time to change your footwork for good and playing behind a crap line just makes it worse. He had a lot of mechanical issues that he needed to clean up and running for your life isn’t the way to fix them.

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

2 hours ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I do think its funny how whenever things aren't going well, especially when it revolves around the QB, certain posters, that you don't see posting when things are going well or good enough to win, suddenly come out of hiding to generously share their opinions...it's like they don't know how to act or react when things are going well, as if "bad" had become so normal for them that they suddenly feel comfortable coming out of hiding. As soon as bad things happen, POOF! Every time...

I can't speak for other 'certain posters' but the reason many of us appear to go into hiding is because of the number of 'certain posters' who only come out when things DON'T go well.

And then we have to sift through some of the most ridiculous threads on the most ridiculous topics because they are convinced that sitting on a sofa qualifies them to size up a pro football career that is just a quarter of the way through its second year.,

• Trent Edwards Relived!
  • Have You Started To Lose Faith In Josh Allen?
  • Will Offense Operate Better With Barkley?
  • Where is Dick Jauron When You Need Him?
  • Why's Allen Not Getting Peterman-Like Treatment?
  • Foles Anyone? (Someone thinks it's a good idea to sit Allen and put in a guy who just had his collar bone broken? Really? :lol:)
  • This Game Has Me In A Dark Place!

They even had their own "Crybaby" thread to keep all the nonsense neat and tidy in a single easy-to-ignore thread.

But no. Random thoughts of disappointment rule the day after a loss.

So, y'know, that's why certain posters don't come here after a loss. We wait for the ridiculous stuff to clear out so more rational conversations can fill the pages.

Edited by IDBillzFan
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

Sorry brother he plays RT and he is not horrible. 

Not blaming a damn thing on the RT play and definitely not blaming the loss to NE on RT play

Have you watched any of the games" He has been very, very bad at RT, and it was a typo bud

32 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

I can't speak for other 'certain posters' but the reason many of us appear to go into hiding is because of the number of 'certain posters' who only come out when things DON'T go well.

And then we have to sift through some of the most ridiculous threads on the most ridiculous topics because they are convinced that sitting on a sofa qualifies them to size up a pro football career that is just a quarter of the way through its second year.,

• Trent Edwards Relived!
  • Foles Anyone? (Someone thinks it's a good idea to sit Allen and put in a guy who just had his collar bone broken? Really? :lol:)

They even had their own "Crybaby" thread to keep all the nonsense neat and tidy in a single easy-to-ignore thread.

So, y'know, that's why certain posters don't come here after a loss. We wait for the ridiculous stuff to clear out so more rational conversations can fill the pages.

While I agree some of the stuff here has been ridiculous and over the top there has also been some very good conversation and debate about what our legitimate expactations are for Allen this year; how best to develop him; how best to tailor the offense for him; whether to sacrifice his development to take the chance of the post-season provided by this defense; whether he still lacks sufficient weapons to succeed.

There has been some good stuff. Some people go away because they don't want to read any constructive discussion of those topics that doesn't begin with "Josh Allen is definitely the guy and the Bills are definitely going to win 10 games." There is a place for valid question marks this week and posters of both positive and negative persuasions would do well to properly engage with them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

• Trent Edwards Relived!

People do not have to hold a BLACK or WHITE opinion of Allen.

One doesn't need to be all on him or all out on him at this point, you can hold shades of both opinions to an equal or varying extent.

You can have faith in him but still ask all the questions you have listed.

There will always be boneheaded posts. Often for attention

Edited by london_bills
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

While I agree some of the stuff here has been ridiculous and over the top there has also been some very good conversation and debate about what our legitimate expactations are for Allen this year; how best to develop him; how best to tailor the offense for him; whether to sacrifice his development to take the chance of the post-season provided by this defense; whether he still lacks sufficient weapons to succeed.

There has been some good stuff. Some people go away because they don't want to read any constructive discussion of those topics that doesn't begin with "Josh Allen is definitely the guy and the Bills are definitely going to win 10 games." There is a place for valid question marks this week and posters of both positive and negative persuasions would do well to properly engage with them.  

I would like this 100 times if I could. I think the challenge too is the emotional aspect of this loss. Wanting to see Allen continue to demonstrate improvement, wanting to beat the Patriots, and wanting to avoid injuries. To see all three happen in this game I think affects people to where, at least the first few days, it is much harder to step back and put things in perspective.

My tinfoil hat hypothesis is that the NFL with their advertising and hype are trying to cause this in us fans also. To make football our God and as such we have intense visceral emotions after each game instead of being able to calmly learn from it and move on.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He's pretty damn bad atm.... hopefully he improves but my guess is the Bills are looking for a RT next offseason and moving Dawkins to Guard.... unfortunately that probably means they let their best lineman in Spain walk.

Why are we looking for a RT when you are moving Dawkins to guard

11 minutes ago, Reader said:

I would like this 100 times if I could. I think the challenge too is the emotional aspect of this loss. Wanting to see Allen continue to demonstrate improvement, wanting to beat the Patriots, and wanting to avoid injuries. To see all three happen in this game I think affects people to where, at least the first few days, it is much harder to step back and put things in perspective.

My tinfoil hat hypothesis is that the NFL with their advertising and hype are trying to cause this in us fans also. To make football our God and as such we have intense visceral emotions after each game instead of being able to calmly learn from it and move on.

Well football is a way of life ; I’ve worshipped at the NFL altar since the 80’s and it’s like a religion in some ways.I love the game , and does get the emotions going in all directions. The hype is all part of it and always has been. It has gotten harder to find perspective, and to me that’s not due to the advertising but because of the style of media coverage and the internet. In the 80’s and 90’s I enjoyed the media discussions and opinions. Today, everyone has their “ hot takes” and declarations. There is no nuance, just absolutes. It’s annoying as I want to enjoy the shows and coverage , but it generally just makes me angry and Ill turn it off. If you have football in your blood as a way of life , as part of American culture you just do and it hasn’t changed. Everything around it has. 

1 hour ago, Reed83HOF said:

Have you watched any of the games" He has been very, very bad at RT, and it was a typo bud

No I don't watch the game. I just make comments. 

Is RT a soft spot.. Yeah they have problem with edge rushers. But you can not tell me that's why we lost,. Josh needs to be better. That's the only narrative I am going with for the reason we lost to NE. Maybe that's on Daboll some for not game planning dink and dunk outlets better ..

If Josh uses QB smarts he doesn't throw a long ball off the back foot when he clearly knows the pressure is coming. He needs to re-learn check downs and throwing the ball away. 

I'm going to say this. You will never be satisfied with the 5 OL we put on the team. No matter the year. You will always have a weak link. This fan base will always make sure to hate on some OL. Great teams do not have a noticeable weak link on the OL because they have QB's who are better at dissecting and decision making.  Its what separates the great teams from the good teams from he awful teams. The QB who can read dissect and make the right call in 3 seconds..... Josh made bad choices.

Josh is still very young, but its obvious now where his weaknesses is. Decision making / Accuracy under pressure. Its part of the NFL game so hopefully this is where he improves the rest of the year. If he continues to make bad decisions that he has shown this year then you have to start being concerned about his growth. However you have to let him take his lumps so he can learn. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, london_bills said:

People do not have to hold a BLACK or WHITE opinion of Allen.

One doesn't need to be all on him or all out on him at this point, you can hold shades of both opinions to an equal or varying extent.

You can have faith in him but still ask all the questions you have listed.

There will always be boneheaded posts. Often for attention

I completely agree with this as well as what @GunnerBill posted.

My only point was that this is why some of us stay away immediately after a loss. It's not because the team lost and we somehow feel embarrassed to show our faces around here. It's because too many people emotionally puke out a stupid post, and my preference is to wait for all the puke to drip to page 2.

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

Why are we looking for a RT when you are moving Dawkins to guard

Because his skill set has always suggested he could be a steady tackle but an elite guard. I was not for moving him before this season. I wanted to be sure he was not this team's LT of the future before I moved him inside. I know it is only a Quarter of the season but I am coming down on the side of him not being the LT of the future. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Because his skill set has always suggested he could be a steady tackle but an elite guard. I was not for moving him before this season. I wanted to be sure he was not this team's LT of the future before I moved him inside. I know it is only a Quarter of the season but I am coming down on the side of him not being the LT of the future. 

We kind of got off track here because most people are calling me out on RT comments....

I won't argue that we have more OL upgrades coming. LT and/or RT