Josh's foot work in the first qtr - Woof

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Precious few of them in THIS fanbase. It's really embarrassing.

These young kids and their immediate gratification. :lol:. They look around and see a Brady over there and a Mahomes over there and a Foles over there and don't understand why they can't have one of those magical players who can turn an entire franchise around in one magical season.

Then sound like Veruca Salt, which is why it's so annoying to crusty old dudes like us.

1 minute ago, IDBillzFan said:

These young kids and their immediate gratification. :lol:. They look around and see a Brady over there and a Mahomes over there and a Foles over there and don't understand why they can't have one of those magical players who can turn an entire franchise around in one magical season.

Then sound like Veruca Salt, which is why it's so annoying to crusty old dudes like us.

I work in a job where I have to explain why the button idiots push on a daily basis works, because they have no idea what the button does or why they push it. They just push it. "OH NO PLEASE HELP THE BUTTON ISN'T WORKING!"

That's what these people are like, and it's why I have no tolerance for them

:lol:

Edited by Joe in Winslow

8 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Watch Brady though, his feet are dancing all over the place when he is looking to throw

The difference is his feet are adjusting to allow him to throw properly with almost no wasted movement or sometime even stride forward and he can make throws simply from torquing his hips strongly.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am quite sure that is why Debol was over talking to him on the bench about "taking what the defense gives you"

Its was a bad game for him

its over

Moving on

It's not over if he continually makes the same mistakes.  For instance, even though he's only played about a full season of games, he's been told numerous times to slide on runs.  Last season he started correcting this.  This year, he's back to diving on every run.  Last year he had numerous instances where he should have thrown the ball away instead of attempting to make something out of a nothing passing situation.  Allen's undoubtedly been coached on this continually, along with such things as footwork. Those problems have resurfaced like they've never been addressed previously.  One has to learn and grow from their mistakes.  There's obviously a major problem if that doesn't occur.  It's a difficult course, Josh.  Good luck.   

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Funny how people pissing on Allen forget how bad Brady looked yesterday. 

I'm not justifying Allen's performance...just pointing out that, at this point in the season, two of the very best defenses were on the field yesterday and both quarterbacks...BOTH OF THEM...had crappy games.

But Brady didn't hand the game to the Bills, did he.       He did the smart, veteran thing (no hero ball) and let Allen do the heavy lifting for them...

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GG said:

I will not fault him for the decision to throw the ball to a WR who beat the CB deep.  I will fault him for the godawful base from which he made that throw.

Here's a scenario. You're playing pickup basketball. Game is tied and you need a basket to win. On your team you have one of the best and worst guys. The scrub is under the rim wide open and the star player is open for a jump shot, who do you give the ball to?  That's my feeling of that play.

3 minutes ago, Lurker said:

But Brady didn't hand the game to the Bills, did he.       He did the smart, veteran thing (no hero ball) and let Allen do the heavy lifting for them...

Yeah your right one is the goat twenty yr vet the other is barely in yr two 

19 minutes ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

It's not over if he continually makes the same mistakes.  For instance, even though he's only played about a full season of games, he's been told numerous times to slide on runs.  Last season he started correcting this.  This year, he's back to diving on every run.  Last year he had numerous instances where he should have thrown the ball away instead of attempting to make something out of a nothing passing situation.  Allen's undoubtedly been coached on this continually, along with such things as footwork. Those problems have resurfaced like they've never been addressed previously.  One has to learn and grow from their mistakes.  There's obviously a major problem if that doesn't occur.  It's a difficult course, Josh.  Good luck.   

I mean the game is over.....

We will see what the future holds

As others have said, I can’t totally fault Allen for not seeing Gore’s defender slip because his primary read on the play was Zay Jones... and he had him. The problem is Allen held the ball. Off of play action, he looks to Zay, sees the safety isn’t in position to break up the pass, so he had to let it go right then. Zay obviously had separation (or was on his way to getting it) which makes the decision to launch an anticipatory throw all the better. Throw the ball to a spot, let him run under it. Would Zay have made the catch? Now that’s debatable. 

9 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ford is REALLY bad.

I don't think I've seen anything positive out of him yet.

Everyone was super excited about a pancake block he had on a TD run a couple of weeks ago. 

I said in preseason, this dude is not well adapted to handle the edge. He needs to be moved inside for the remainder of the year. 

10 hours ago, Lurker said:

The big thing I see in two of those clips is that our RT can't give him Josh any time and he's rushing his reads/throws.  

One of Josh's biggest problems right now is having Ford at RT (it killed Barkley as well)...

I know they will say but gore was open well so was jones but the pressure comes to him as he is tryin to deliver the pass to jones and isn't able to step into the throw

Note that each of these throws occurred on first down. The last one was just a bad decision, but the others were very routine throws that would have resulted in positive yardage and a better chance of keeping drives alive. Gotta do better.

Allen had a bad game, we all know it. Let's just move on.

It's what he does with this bad game is what matters.

Allen totally let BB and the Pats invade his head. This must NEVER happen again if the Bills ever hope to beat the Patriots as long as BB and Brady are there.

It seemed like Allen was back at Wyoming where he had to do everything by himself and ignored everything that he has been taught as a pro.

As bad as he looked in the first half, he was starting to turn the corner a little in the second half and the Bills might have pulled this game out if he remained in.

Allen must learn from this. I don't wanna go down the road of Losman, Edwards and Manuel................... AGAIN.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Virgil said:

Well, I think that last one shows how that wasn’t on Zay

I disagree. Bad throw, for sure, but he made no attempt to come back for it. He needs to turn into a DB or even a WR (lol...) on that play. Just stands there. 

SMH-

When Josh told the media that it was "surreal" to play against Brady, it made me worry a bit. I don't know if his nerves were in the wrong place and he played poorly as a result, or if the pressure was too much for him, but that comment stuck im my head. Throughout the first half, I kept saying "ok, settle down Josh", but it never happened.

On the throw to the flat early in the game, I thought the route was supposed to be flatter, but even still, there was no one within 10 yards of Beasley. A softer toss to the same spot the ball went to gets completed.

Josh is still young. Bills fans have put a ton of pressure in him, the moment was huge, and I think it affected him mentally. He has to be able to shake that and just go out and play, while playing within the scheme and being smart. 

I do think its funny how whenever things aren't going well, especially when it revolves around the QB, certain posters, that you don't see posting when things are going well or good enough to win, suddenly come out of hiding to generously share their opinions...it's like they don't know how to act or react when things are going well, as if "bad" had become so normal for them that they suddenly feel comfortable coming out of hiding. As soon as bad things happen, POOF! Every time...