Josh's foot work in the first qtr - Woof

Reed83HOF

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

On this last one, notice Gore wide open, but he throws an INT

How many franchise QBs struggle to throw a 5 yard out?

The Gore play drove me crazy. The linebacker literally falls over, Allen sees it, and still doesn't throw him the ball.

Such a boneheaded decision. 

• Like (+1) 7

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

On this last one, notice Gore wide open, but he throws an INT

The big thing I see in two of those clips is that our RT can't give him Josh any time and he's rushing his reads/throws.  

One of Josh's biggest problems right now is having Ford at RT (it killed Barkley as well)...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lurker said:

The big thing I see in two of those clips is that our RT can't give him Josh any time and he's rushing his reads/throws.  

One of Josh's biggest problems right now is having Ford at RT (it killed Barkley as well)...

Ford is REALLY bad.

I don't think I've seen anything positive out of him yet.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Well, I think that last one shows how that wasn’t on Zay

I don't think there's any dispute of whether it was "on Zay" - I think the conversation is that he didn't move back for the ball. You can almost see that he's surprised that the CB gets the ball which would indicate either he lost the ball (believable and excusable given how far off course it was) or he just wasn't tracking it properly. The DB made a great play on the ball, Jones didn't play the ball. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Are you serious?

There is no one anywhere around Allen on any of those plays.

That's pitch and catch, and he' throwing balls that are so inaccurate his wide open receivers can barely get a hand on them.

• Like (+1) 2

I’ve been a big critic of Ford at RT but let’s not make excuses for Allen. He needs to get his feet right and step into his throws. He was inaccurate yesterday.

• Like (+1) 6

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

yep, if I remember correctly there was absolutely nobody on that side of the field too. Would have been a massive gain

It's obvious man coverage (the Pats play it more than anyone else in the NFL). 

Allen fakes to Gore, looks up and sees that Gore is WIDE OPEN, and for some reason doesn't throw him the ball.

If you identify that a defense is in man coverage, and one of the guys covering one of your receivers falls over, you throw him the damn ball.

The decision making on that play was absolutely mind boggling how stupid it was. Nothing about it makes any sense unless he couldn't properly read a simple coverage. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1st vid, All Allen nothing to be blamed on the OL

2nd Vid. All Allen nothing to be blamed on the OL

3rd basically your saying that Allen felt pressure and decided to throw and long ball floater off the back foot to compensate. THE QB NEEDS TO KNOW YOU DO NOT FORCE THAT THROW.

You cannot blame the RT for Allen  feeling pressure and deciding to throw a long floater off balance, Allen needs to throw that away or make a high percentage decision 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Lurker said:

That was never more evident than on the throw deep to Zay that should've been a TD, instead picked. 

Josh visibly senses the rush that just blows by our RT and throws off his backfoot.

Not an excuse though.  Allen has to step up and make the throw. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Ford is REALLY bad.

I don't think I've seen anything positive out of him yet.

It's on film now and DC's will exploit Ford's lack of foot speed the rest of the season.    Ty is a bit better but I've noticed he's having more problems as well (i.e., the first interception).     

"Blitz from the right side and make Josh hurry his throws" is the book on how to beat the Bills right now...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I'm trying so hard not to be that crusader, but you are not wrong...

This is on McD, the entire coaching staff & Beane (to a degree); this switching at RT between Ty and Ford has to stop and it is hurting the team and as far as I'm concerned hurting Allen's development....

• Awesome! (+1) 2