Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

I read some of the game thread from Titans board  Seems like both fanbases not sold on their  respective offense.  This game especially if Barkley starts may require no doz to sit through.  Could be a repeat of last year with lots of punting

Link?

7 minutes ago, Cruiserplayer said:

Not that it matters right now, but we would be the 4 seed.

Even if the Browns are division winners?  I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the division winner will always be the higher seed than a Wild Card.

Even if the Bills finish 11-5 and the Browns finish 8-8 but with the North...we're going to Cleveland.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Even if the Browns are division winners?  I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that the division winner will always be the higher seed than a Wild Card.

Even if the Bills finish 11-5 and the Browns finish 8-8 but with the North...we're going to Cleveland.

You are correct.

Just now, PaattMaann said:

We have moved the ball fine all season. Even with Barkley I don't see that being a problem. The problem has been not turning the F'ing ball over. No turnovers, we win easily. Turnovers, itll come down to the wire. 

I'm going to this game and I'll still feel confident with Barkley in there.  I went to the Cardinals game where Trent got knocked out.  When I saw Losman trotting out there....my day was ruined.  I thought Losman sucked and knew we didn't have a prayer....we lost 41-17 or something like that.

The offense with Barkley will be most systematic but won't have the big play excitement that Josh brings.  If Allen can't go, watching Barkley operate the offense might be useful.  It seems that he took really big steps last year after his injury where he got to sit back and just watch.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm going to this game and I'll still feel confident with Barkley in there.  I went to the Cardinals game where Trent got knocked out.  When I saw Losman trotting out there....my day was ruined.  I thought Losman sucked and knew we didn't have a prayer....we lost 41-17 or something like that.

The offense with Barkley will be most systematic but won't have the big play excitement that Josh brings.  If Allen can't go, watching Barkley operate the offense might be useful.  It seems that he took really big steps last year after his injury where he got to sit back and just watch.

silver lining looking...but yes I agree with you. 

Barkley will move the ball and hopefully take what the D gives...which will admittedly be a little less/tighter because of no fear of the big play. But if guys get open deep Barkley still can throw a deep ball (would it really look worse than Allens right now? lol). Run the ball, quick hitting pass plays, I am confident we can move the ball. Just have to score, and not turn the ball over. D will take care of itself as usual.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

thx bud

Edit:

Wow, for a team with Mariota at QB, they're SURE pretty hyped.

I'm envisioning this defense FEASTING on that offense.

Edited by Joe in Winslow

29 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

silver lining looking...but yes I agree with you. 

Barkley will move the ball and hopefully take what the D gives...which will admittedly be a little less/tighter because of no fear of the big play. But if guys get open deep Barkley still can throw a deep ball (would it really look worse than Allens right now? lol). Run the ball, quick hitting pass plays, I am confident we can move the ball. Just have to score, and not turn the ball over. D will take care of itself as usual.

Barkley actually throws a really nice deep ball.  Allen has really improved on the short to intermediate stuff but his long ball is definitely a work in progress.  Might finally connect on some of those this week if Barkley plays. 

Where I worry is in the red zone.  We don't have a jumpball guy and that's fine with Josh Allen's skillset as we're strong in the red zone, but with Barkley, he's either passing or handing it off.   Allen probably isn't a guy we want throwing fades right now, but Barkley has nice touch but no one to throw them to on this current roster.

I'll hope to be pleasantly surprised that we aren't settling for field goals more often than not on Sunday. 

Also going to have to be quick with reads because this OL isn't terrible, but they definitely aren't giving you more than a few clicks to throw a pass.  Without Allen's athleticism it's going to be make a read quick or get sacked.

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

thx bud

Edit:

Wow, for a team with Mariota at QB, they're SURE pretty hyped.

I'm envisioning this defense FEASTING on that offense.

how about the handful of posters totally ripping our wr's and te while hyping their habitually underachieving group... at least there is a member there that pointed out our group has more production from a reception and yds standpoint.....

i need some of whatever those boys are smoking. 

NFL history is littered with teams who fought the Pats hard and then fell apart the rest of the season.

I just don’t see that in this Bills team.  They carry themselves like true contenders, and I believe they can make it to the SB this year.  They knew they should have won that game, and I think it has made them more determined.

I really don’t think this game will be close.  No disrespect to TN - it’s a solid team.  This Bills team is just better.

7 minutes ago, Success said:

NFL history is littered with teams who fought the Pats hard and then fell apart the rest of the season.

I just don’t see that in this Bills team.  They carry themselves like true contenders, and I believe they can make it to the SB this year.  They knew they should have won that game, and I think it has made them more determined.

I really don’t think this game will be close.  No disrespect to TN - it’s a solid team.  This Bills team is just better.

I agree.  The Bills didn't leave the field on Sunday feeling good about "hanging around" with the Pats*** -- they were pissed off.

6 minutes ago, eball said:

I agree.  The Bills didn't leave the field on Sunday feeling good about "hanging around" with the Pats*** -- they were pissed off.

and hopefully it carries over to this sunday and they smash the titans in the mouth up front on both sides of the ball. Going to be a slug fest sunday regardless of who plays. 

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Our defense is a top 3 unit along with New England and Chicago.  Our offense is top 10 in yardage. 

Mistakes/Turnovers are what is holding us back.  Luckily that is correctable, especially with a young team, young QB with lots of new additions.

I think we're Josh Allen tightening up his decision making and one more WR option away from being a contender.  We seem to be able to count on Brown, Beasley and Knox in the passing game, but we need one more guy... Can Josh and Zay ever get on the same page?  Can Kroft get healthy and be that guy?  Is it a healthy Foster?  Something unforeseen?

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Success said:

is it sick, twisted, and delusional that i want the pats again ASAP? i came out of that game less impressed with them than when they came into off a horrendous schedule. CANNOT WAIT UNTIL FOXBORO!

Image result for i want holyfield gif

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PaattMaann said:

We have moved the ball fine all season. Even with Barkley I don't see that being a problem. The problem has been not turning the F'ing ball over. No turnovers, we win easily. Turnovers, itll come down to the wire. 

Heck “even with Barkley” bet we move the ball more consistently. I actually like Barkley’s chances against a complex defense a bit more than Allen’s, if that makes sense, and it’s because his ability to read a defense is a little better. There are ultimately pros and cons to both. With both of them you have to hold your breath when they throw the ball, but for different reasons.  But if Barkley has to play and we can give him a clean pocket maybe we see more of this:

And need I remind you, 2019 is the Year of the Backup QB in the nfl!