Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

I wonder if or what Belichick can share with his old player Vrabel? Belichick knows the Bills are a serious threat, I’d think he would want to see the Bill lose.

Vrabel is pretty smart. If Allen plays he is going to blitz him relentlessly. If its Barkley probably flood the short and make him go long.

31 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

BB didn't really do anything different than the Bengals or even the Giants to a certain degree.

The Pats blitzed on 48.5% of Josh's snaps yesterday--the highest percentage of any team the Bills have faced so far.   

The percentage is rising from week to week as teams see how effective it is...

https://buffalonews.com/2019/09/30/josh-allen-buffalo-bills-analysis-mistakes-new-england-patriots-blitz/

Edited by Lurker

Just now, Chris66 said:

Vrabel is pretty smart. If Allen plays he is going to blitz him relentlessly. If its Barkley probably flood the short and make him go long.

Which is exactly how we played brady* and how I'd imagine everyone else will play him this season.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen still needs to get his game right. A week or two off won't hurt.

The elbow injury last year turned out to be a blessing. I’ll leave it to the doctors and the coaches, but sometimes things just work out for the best. Historically rare for Bills fans......but now is our time!  ?

1 minute ago, Juice_32 said:

Which is exactly how we played brady* and how I'd imagine everyone else will play him this season.

Yeah only 2 defenses could pull that off and they just got done playing each other. I dont think either team will see a defense like that till Dec.

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Is this the same internal belief they had in Nate Peterman?

Lol, I hope not. Seriously though, I feel a lot more comfortable with Barkley at the helm if Josh can't go than any other back up that we have had in a while. Long as he gets some protection that is.

The last few series of the Pats game a few Pats players came through untouched. ***** like that won't slide with any QB. And you know the Titans are looking exactly at what the Pats did on defense and are probably planning to do much of the same.

So Oline will have to give Barkley a chance if they are going to pull out another W on the road.

8 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, I hope not. Seriously though, I feel a lot more comfortable with Barkley at the helm if Josh can't go than any other back up that we have had in a while. Long as he gets some protection that is.

The last few series of the Pats game a few Pats players came through untouched. ***** like that won't slide with any QB. And you know the Titans are looking exactly at what the Pats did on defense and are probably planning to do much of the same.

So Oline will have to give Barkley a chance if they are going to pull out another W on the road.

the optimistic fan in me thinks barkley and Beasley could be sort of a nasty combo.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think the D has a letdown game and the offense flounders with Barkley under center. The Promising 3-0 start quickly becomes 3-2 and the Bills face an uphill slog to stay in WC contention . Amazing how fast things can change. If Allen doesn’t get injured yesterday, I’d feel completely different but not right now. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I think the D has a letdown game and the offense flounders with Barkley under center. The Promising 3-0 start quickly becomes 3-2 and the Bills face an uphill slog to stay in WC contention . Amazing how fast things can change. If Allen doesn’t get injured yesterday, I’d feel completely different but not right now. 

Interesting. No not really. 

• Thank you (+1) 1