Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, corta765 said:

Yea and you can’t discount the let down the team may have after losing a game like this

You mean like the let down the Titans had on the road yesterday after back-to-back losses to division rivals Indy and Jacksonville?? Didn't seem to affect them any now, did it? ?Jesus H your logic is beyond flawed. Is this a gimme for the Bills? No. Could they lose? Certainly. But to say they'll lose because "you can't discount losing a game like this" is simply asinine. Each game is a different entity and has no bearing on the outcome of the next. Some people just try too hard to be miserable. ?‍♂️

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

*whispers* 

I'm actually more confident in Barkley than I am in Allen.*

*Allen needs to be the starter to continue his development, but right now, Barkley might be better to run the offense.  

I don't have a problem sitting Allen this week, concussion or not. To my eye, he's regressed to bad habits, and now Belichick gave the rest of the league the blueprint on how to neutralize him.

Just like last year, where he had a chance to sit and learn and come out better for it, he needs a refresher. Let Barkley play the Titans. Give them a little curve ball. Now you have 3 weeks with the bye for Allen to get his game back, and maybe also work on how to respond to the next team to try that same defense on him.

I don't care what the media will say about "benching" him. He needs a break. Even before Belichick did his voodoo to him, Josh had the yips on those two early throws. The Pats were in his head. McDermott has to make sure this doesn't spiral downward.

15 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't have a problem sitting Allen this week, concussion or not. To my eye, he's regressed to bad habits, and now Belichick gave the rest of the league the blueprint on how to neutralize him.

Just like last year, where he had a chance to sit and learn and come out better for it, he needs a refresher. Let Barkley play the Titans. Give them a little curve ball. Now you have 3 weeks with the bye for Allen to get his game back, and maybe also work on how to respond to the next team to try that same defense on him.

I don't care what the media will say about "benching" him. He needs a break. Even before Belichick did his voodoo to him, Josh had the yips on those two early throws. The Pats were in his head. McDermott has to make sure this doesn't spiral downward.

BB didn't really do anything different than the Bengals or even the Giants to a certain degree. He just has the horses to pull off a cover-0 blitz.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

BB didn't really do anything different than the Bengals or even the Giants to a certain degree. He just has the horses to pull off a cover-0 blitz.  

Allen still needs to get his game right. A week or two off won't hurt.

These next few games worry me, and will decide if the Bills have arrived this season. We have a stretch here with similar teams that we "should" or could beat. The Titans, Ravens, Brown, Eagles, and Steelers are playing hard, even though their record isn't favorable. We need to win those games. If we get 2018 Barkley v. Jets, we will be fine. If we get Barkley yesterday or Allen v. Pats/Bengals/Jets, we are in trouble. We can't keep expecting to turn the ball over against similar tiered teams and expect to keep adding +1 to the win column. 

5 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Sitting up in 300's, Allen had a few misreads on cover 0 with guys having a step out of their break on either a post or seam. It was frustrating. It got to the point where you could pick the route as a fan from the stands pre-snap, and Allen went somewhere else. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Allen still needs to get his game right. A week or two off won't hurt.

I get why you say this, but..........

Is this going to be the norm for Allen, meaning, after every bad game (or half) he needs to sit and watch and learn? When does he get past this?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I get why you say this, but..........

Is this going to be the norm for Allen, meaning, after every bad game (or half) he needs to sit and watch and learn? When does he get past this?

Hope not. But you see Dabol pointing at his head after these repeat mistakes. I'm not down on Allen at all but we have to break this habit now.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Hope not. But you see Dabol pointing at his head after these repeat mistakes. I'm not down on Allen at all but we have to break this habit now.

That D is spectacular. This will be a good year for Allen to figure it out. 

43 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Are you going? We got a crew headed up from Atlanta!

I’ll be coming up early Saturday with my son. We have Tix for the Pred’s game Saturday night. Those games are a blast! 

Staying at a Hampton Inn by Vandy. Easy Uber into downtown or the Gulch, and probably cheaper than parking which can be tough. 

Still trying to decide between the all inclusive tailgate just north of the stadium where @Seasons1992 will be, or trying to figure things out in the bus lot, which I think is where most Bills fans will be. The bus lot last time (3 years ago?) was just south of the stadium. Uber to the tailgate, pedestrian bridge into town post-game, then eventually Uber back to hotel. 

Since I’m in a hotel, the tailgate is an issue. I’d like to get stuff Saturday but nowhere to store it. Sunday morning a lot of places (particularly the BBQ joint I want to hit) don’t open until 11:00 which is only an hour before kickoff, so obviously not an option. 

Do you have plans yet?