Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Bills will beat the Titans.  Best guess the Bills are heading to a 11-5 record, with losses to Eagles, Browns, Cowboys, and Pats.  Should be a 5 or 6 seed and if they get hot they could win the whole things.

Eagles, Browns, Boys and Pats are all eminently beatable. Don't know why you assume losses there. Heck, with even just competent QB play, the Bills easily win yesterday..

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, yungmack said:

Eagles, Browns, Boys and Pats are all eminently beatable. Don't know why you assume losses there. Heck, with even just competent QB play, the Bills easily win yesterday..

I think people are concerned, me included, because we aren't getting competent play from our offensive or special teams units. The offence has improved but we started with the second to last ranked unit from last year, so improving to say 23rd in the league is a nice jump but still means our D has to hold teams to under 20 points to win, which isn't a good scenario. Our ST unit is still bottom 1/3 of the league, probably worse when the updated DVOA ranks come out tomorrow.

Could we beat any of those teams, sure. Would we be favoured to win any of those games, no.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

With the bye the week after there is no way Allen plays.

This is an L either way.

Your first take is a shot in the dark and ignorant. 

Your second take is just plain stupid. 

13 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I think people are concerned, me included, because we aren't getting competent play from our offensive or special teams units. The offence has improved but we started with the second to last ranked unit from last year, so improving to say 23rd in the league is a nice jump but still means our D has to hold teams to under 20 points to win, which isn't a good scenario. Our ST unit is still bottom 1/3 of the league, probably worse when the updated DVOA ranks come out tomorrow.

Could we beat any of those teams, sure. Would we be favoured to win any of those games, no.

We don't really know what we're getting is the problem... This has got to be the hardest team to predict. We've won against bad teams but looked up and down in the process, and then we lost against what is supposed to be the worst team in the NFL and looked amazing and horrible at the same time. We've got a lot of questions left unanswered and we're still 3-4 weeks from knowing much of anything about how legit or not this team is going to be. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

As shown by the Football Night in America crew last night,  Tennessee found their secret sauce for offense yesterday.  Mariotta can’t sit in the pocket and read a defense without getting sacked so they just did quick timing passes and short dump offs yesterday. It was very successful. I’m sure the Bills will see a heavy dose of this on Sunday and should be prepared.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Your first take is a shot in the dark and ignorant. 

Your second take is just plain stupid. 

Can I make a list of posts that are shots in the dark?  Supposing that the team won't expose a QB in protocol to rush him back when they could give him nearly 3 calendar weeks to recover rather than 6 days is just an outlandish thing to say?  OK.

The fact that I think this is a loss whether or not Allen plays is stupid only because you disagree with it. No Allen, No Singletary, on the road after an emotional loss?  Clearly, what am I thinking?  You could have asked me in August and I would have marked this week as an L.  Based on recent events I'm more convinced.

This is an 8-8 football team give or take one game on either side.

1 hour ago, That's No Moon said:

With the bye the week after there is no way Allen plays.

This is an L either way.

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Can I make a list of posts that are shots in the dark?  Supposing that the team won't expose a QB in protocol to rush him back when they could give him nearly 3 calendar weeks to recover rather than 6 days is just an outlandish thing to say?  OK.

The fact that I think this is a loss whether or not Allen plays is stupid only because you disagree with it. No Allen, No Singletary, on the road after an emotional loss?  Clearly, what am I thinking?  You could have asked me in August and I would have marked this week as an L.  Based on recent events I'm more convinced.

This is an 8-8 football team give or take one game on either side.

Let's review. You're not saying there's a chance he doesn't play, you're not saying it would be prudent for him to rest to the bye, you're saying there's no chance he plays. That's a bad take because, as I said, it's ignorant. Until we know more it's ridiculous to think it's clear either way. 

Now you're also assuming that Singletary isn't playing (unless I missed some news somewhere) which is also ridiculous given the fact that he came close to playing this week. As for the assertion that it's a loss whether or not Allen plays, I suppose that is a difference of opinion. I think mine is closer to reality given the overall context of the first four weeks of the NFL season, but if you feel super confident that the best (or at least top 3) defense in the NFL that made Tom Brady look like Marcus Mariota, can't beat a team that got beat by Gardner Minshew, then you take that feeling to the bank and have fun with it. I think you're very misinformed and projecting your negativity onto reality. 

Just now, SlimShady'sGhost said:

the home field is standard normally -3  .  for the game to be + 2.5,  the Bills have the slight favor.    

And that is with their Starting QB right now on the shelf, let it be announced he is cleared protocol say Wed or Thursday and what what that line does (I doubt after the hit vegas already baking in that he will be cleared to play)