Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I think we wont see JA until after the bye. I think if DS returns they may have a chance with the titans 15th against (14th pass) the run?

it would be great to chalk up another road win but with JA out I think their chances are pretty slim?

Yes, like I'm pretty sure there's no way Barkley can win that Jets game from last year. It's in New York and we are 2-7, so we should probably go back and call that a loss, even though he tore apart their defense and we routed them..

21 minutes ago, patzen said:

And he also dropped in some dimes against one of the best defenses in the league. Yes, he's a backup for a reason but I think he has played at a high level for us in that capacity. If he continues to play like he did for us last year and yesterday I think we win the game on Sunday.

You could also add that if McD hadn' t foolishly wasted timeouts, things would have been less desperate near the end and Barkley could have operated in a somewhat calmer manner. Or if Haus hadn't missed that FG, then the less-panicky goal would have been to play for the FG and take it to overtime. 

1 hour ago, corta765 said:

The offense cracks were shown, Titans D is legit, and on the road as it is a disadvantage.

Right now Titans are a better team given Allen’s performance yesterday. Not much better but Bills are up against it

I think the cracks in your posts are starting to show... imo;)

On paper, it looks like it could be a carbon copy of the Pats*** game. I certainly look for the Titans to copy BB’s pressure schemes. Easier said than done, though, as the talent available on the D side isn’t the same. 

24 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No.

Mariota will be wrecked this week. Take it to the bank

They don't call him "Carcass Mariota" for nothing....  

Tenn is a streaky team.   Mariota still reminds me of his draft buddy Jameis--  as inconsistent as a player can possibly be from week to week. 

From what I saw yesterday, we fixed our issues with gap control vs the run game, and we'll need that same thing against Henry, but he's the kind of guy we can shut down.

I think Singletary and Josh should focus on the home game vs Miami after the bye week.    Get 100% healthy and ready for business, meanwhile let Barkley practice this week, see how Foster, McKenzie and Duke compete vs Zay,  get that RT spot under control, and get busy with the gameplan for Sunday. 

This is one of three big games on the schedule, including at Browns and home against Baltimore.  Bills, Titans, Browns and Ravens will all be battling for a playoff spot come December and winning these head-to-head games are going to be key going forward.  Pull out a win in Nashville, get healthy during the bye and start the playoff run with three games at home.  Defense will need to come up big again and there's no reason we can't get some needed turnovers off Mariota.  

1 minute ago, Da webster guy said:

They don't call him "Carcass Mariota" for nothing....  

Tenn is a streaky team.   Mariota still reminds me of his draft buddy Jameis--  as inconsistent as a player can possibly be from week to week. 

From what I saw yesterday, we fixed our issues with gap control vs the run game, and we'll need that same thing against Henry, but he's the kind of guy we can shut down.

I think Singletary and Josh should focus on the home game vs Miami after the bye week.    Get 100% healthy and ready for business, meanwhile let Barkley practice this week, see how Foster, McKenzie and Duke compete vs Zay,  get that RT spot under control, and get busy with the gameplan for Sunday. 

Outside of Barkley's big run against us, no one's had sustained success running on this defense.

37 minutes ago, patzen said:

And he also dropped in some dimes against one of the best defenses in the league. Yes, he's a backup for a reason but I think he has played at a high level for us in that capacity. If he continues to play like he did for us last year and yesterday I think we win the game on Sunday.

He would be playing another top defense with the Titans. I think he would need to play better for us to win.

Look with the bye week after this game unless Allen and Singletary are 100% healed and fully ready to go you sit them both as much as that will hurt. 2 additional weeks, esp for a hammy injury, could be the difference between 70-75% (more likely to re-injure) and 100% the rest of the year. As far as Allen, if he gets through the protocol fine but he was out cold less then 24 hours ago so we will see. I would be as careful as needed with these two. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Yea and you can’t discount the let down the team may have after losing a game like this

Teams sometimes have a let down after a big win too. Mariota will look average at best against our Defense. I would not write the Bills off so quickly.  

9 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

With the bye the week after there is no way Allen plays.

This is an L either way.

The speed in which people are giving up on this team is hysterical. 

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

Yes, like I'm pretty sure there's no way Barkley can win that Jets game from last year. It's in New York and we are 2-7, so we should probably go back and call that a loss, even though he tore apart their defense and we routed them..

I'm not quite as confident in his game as you may be based off last seasons one game and that's your prerogative to believe it's enough to make you confident. he is what he is, a mediocre back up that unfortunately had his number called due to the cheap shot. although if JA would of taken the slide option we wouldn't be having this discussion, hope he learns from that and stops the damn hero ball.

I honestly cringed when barkley was throwing yesterday on a few plays, waiting for the inevitable int and it finally came like a dagger in the heart on that last play.

maybe he can manage just enough with help from the running game to pull off the win?

6 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Teams sometimes have a let down after a big win too. Mariota will look average at best against our Defense. I would not write the Bills off so quickly.  

The speed in which people are giving up on this team is hysterical. 

Some people are just miserable, and they like to make other people feel as miserable as they do.  They are sad, so don't pick on them, feel sorry for them.  They deserve your pity because of the life they have to live.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This game is huge and it sucks we potentially won't have Allen playing in it

Someone with more knowledge of concussion protocol, how much is it word from the player himself vs actual medical documentation?

Allen is young and reckless could definitely see him as the guy who says he has no symptoms just to clear protocol