About yesterday, I'm ain't mad

Steptide

I'm probably in the minority here. Yes, it always sucks to lose, especially to our arch nemesis. However I'm not really upset. 

Maybe it's because all week I expected to lose this game by 14 points or more. Josh allen was terrible at times, there's no way around it. BUT, I can't help but give him some slack because he's a young player. The defense was absolutely stunning. Stopping Brady in plus territory multiple times and making him look really bad. 

My biggest disappointment, and what may have been ultimately what cost the bills the game, was the blocked punt and touchdown. 

Again it sucks to lose, but I really feel good about this team and what I thought was maybe a 9 win team, looks more like an 11 win team. 

Also please fix my title lol

• Like (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I woke up today with a similar feeling.   Did anyone think we would be undefeated this season?  Did anyone really think Josh was never going to have a bad game?   It happens... and it'll happen again.   So yeah we lost.  We're still 3-1. And the way our drense looked, the way they made that team look, they can contend with anyone.  They shut Brady down all afternoon.

Yes Josh, and the entire offense, need to get their collective ****s together.  We still need a lot of growth there.  But, I don't think we're as far off as a lot of people here are making it out to be.    They need to put this game behind them fast... this weekend we play a team trying to take a playoff spot from us.  We need to go down to TN and get back on the winning track.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The Bills found out a lot of things yesterday about themselves and the Pats. The Bills now know they can beat the Pats and that it is coming soon. Even in defeat, it was a moral victory for the Bills. I hate to say it, but when wait until next year comes around, the Bills are going to take over.

• Like (+1) 2

mad no.  disappointed, yes.  this team had to play perfect football, or near perfect football to win that game yesterday and they didn't.  the offense is way to riddled with mistakes still, and that needs to be worked on.  as i said in another thread, i'm more interested now to see how this team responds on sunday.  if they come out and look competent/win the game, it will make me feel  better going forward.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They have had plenty of "moral victory" losses to the Pats during this 20 year streak of embarrassment only to never be heard of the rest of any particular season after losing to those guys.

Can they win in Tennessee with a "wounded" offense? I don't know. This team is historically awful on the road and if things are the same with this team, they will lay an egg in Tennessee no matter who the QB is.

The Bills have talked a big game about being a different team this year. We shall see.

Edited by njbuff

Just now, njbuff said:

They have had plenty of "moral victory" losses to the Pats during this 20 year streak of embarrassment only to never be heard of the rest of any particular season after losing to those guys.

Can they win in Tennessee with a "wounded" offense? I don't know. This team is historically awful on the road and if things are the same with this team, they will lay an egg in Tennessee no matter who the QB is.

This particular team is 2-0 on the road. This defense can make Mariota's day miserable. I think Tennessee is very very winnable.

• Like (+1) 3

Sorry boys. I don't buy moral victories. Our defense shut down Brady and the Patriots in a brilliant way. And yet we pissed the game away with a quarterback who insist on doing hero-ball tactics instead of taking the open man. Always says he's going to learn from his mistakes but he hasn't yet. The hero football mentality also led him to not protect himself when he's running. Now we've lost our starting QB possibly until after the bye bye. We won't know for a while. Three turnovers and a blocked punt for a touchdown yet we were still score away from winning. But once again, somehow we bungled it again. I'm tired of losing to the Cheats and I'm tired of making excuses for losing to them. Screw next year, win now. 

6 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

The Bills found out a lot of things yesterday about themselves and the Pats. The Bills now know they can beat the Pats and that it is coming soon. Even in defeat, it was a moral victory for the Bills. I hate to say it, but when wait until next year comes around, the Bills are going to take over.

The Bills did not prove they could beat the Pats. They are not going anywhere until they do. 

They prove that when at the end of the game they have more points than the Patriots. Anything else is delusion. 

Just now, jletha said:

This particular team is 2-0 on the road. This defense can make Mariota's day miserable. I think Tennessee is very very winnable.

I don't disagree, but what does this D have left after a massive performance yesterday?  I can see this D laying an egg in Tennessee.

If the Bills get drilled in Tennessee, we will have serious questions during the bye.

1 minute ago, teef said:

mad no.  disappointed, yes.  this team had to play perfect football, or near perfect football to win that game yesterday and they didn't.  the offense is way to riddled with mistakes still, and that needs to be worked on.  as i said in another thread, i'm more interested now to see how this team responds on sunday.  if they come out and look competent/win the game, it will make me feel  better going forward.

We played the exact opposite of perfect football and were 2 yards from taking lead and most likely winning. I disagree that we needed a perfect game to win. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills have talked a big game about being a different team this year. We shall see.

Historically awful on the road.

2-0 on the road this season.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Agreed.  You can't say yet that Buffalo has become a better team than the Patriots, but you can no longer say, based on yesterday's game, that New England is clearly better than Buffalo, and the day could be coming when Josh Allen develops, and learns to take what the defense is giving him, that Buffalo will be the better team.  I would not all it a moral victory, but a sign of hope for the future.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, teef said:

I agree with most of your comments, but I'm not so sure we have to wait till next year.  We face them again and I don't think that's an automatic loss after seeing what they did yesterday.   But, I agree, I'm waiting to see how they repsond next week.  If they truly are contenders, turning the corner, they'll beat TN.  Let's see how they handle a hard fought loss.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, teef said:

The thing is, before the game everyone woukd have said they would have had to play mistake-free football to have a chance to win, but even with tons of mistakes and turnovers and a blocked punt for TD (!) they STILL could have easily won yesterday. Even if they just punch it in from the two (which should have been the 6 inch yd line BTW).  That is not even counting some questionable calls and losing their startibg QB. 

They could have easily won this gane even with that totally imperfect mistake-riddled performance 

Edited by stevewin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1