Vontaze Burfict suspended for 2019 season for on field behavior

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

The one on Allen you could at least make the argument he was trying stop him from making the first down.. (not justifying it just saying it was in the normal flow of the play.. not an obvious head hunt like that)I mean doyle  was DOWN! All he needed to do was touch him.

Not apologizing... I don’t think Jones had intent I think he was just trying stop him from making the first down.. doesn’t change it from being an illegal hit. Burfict is just a thug.

I agree. Ya Butfict has consistently done this throughout his career , he's definitely a thug out there and dangerous. 

I definitely agree about the difference in the 2 hits. Allen was upright, one score game on 3rd down , I can understand why Jones came in that aggressive but still hate it. He should have been ejected for the game. Burfict needs to be suspended for weeks 

Edited by JerseyBills

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Question.. (because I honestly don’t know) isn’t it normal for first offenses just be fines? Unless it is like that Berfict hit which was painful just to watch..  I wish they had a system in place like PEDs.. 1st offense X 2nd offense Y.. etc...

Not sure.  I know the NFL is supposedly trying to get the type of hit that Josh took, out of the game all together.  At the least, I would have thought Jones got ejected and would receive a fine from the NFL this week.  Looks like neither happened, or will happen.  Hard to take the NFL seriously when penalties are not applied evenly...regardless of who the player and team are.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The two hits are not even close to similar IMO.  I expect a fine for Jones and a long suspension for Burfict a repeat offender

In retrospect, you're right, obviously, about Burfict.  That hit was far more egregious.  Whether Jones gets fined is still up in the air.  I'm not sure that will happen (and that uncertainty has little to do with the hit itself.

1 hour ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Not sure.  I know the NFL is supposedly trying to get the type of hit that Josh took, out of the game all together.  At the least, I would have thought Jones got ejected and would receive a fine from the NFL this week.  Looks like neither happened, or will happen.  Hard to take the NFL seriously when penalties are not applied evenly...regardless of who the player and team are.

Generally, yes, last I knew the roughness penalties were a standardized amount in the last CBA with annual escalators for that amount, with flexibility to go higher for more egregious offenses, more intense repetition of offenses, etc... but out of the gate for basic situations it was (and believe still is) negotiated consistent terms 

• Thank you (+1) 1